The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Is leeds post offer open day worth attending?
Or can you visit the accomodations on another day? Or on the access to Leeds study day?
Its just i'm having second thoughts about driving all the way there (live over two hours away ) in my S reg ford ka :frown:
And my dad can't take me tomorow but will be able to take me on another Saturday.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 461
Original post by T-Toe
Yes :frown: I got a C in chemistry overall, I studied the night before each exam tbh. My chances of getting into Leeds are pretty slim, but if I work hard (and effectively) from now to June, I don't see why my grade can't improve. I chemistry teachers were so awful, I'm getting a tutor to help me out a month before my first exam. I'm doing AQA.

It's great you got an A, how'd you do it?

well as long as you're motivated and driven you really will be able to do it. I made sure i sort of learn each individual system/reaction/test/graphs. Practicing while i went along. It's a lot more than a memory job too cos they like throwing odd cases at you. Not sure how AQA works, but going back to check you can do it as quite important, then there's endless past papers, seriously aim for full marks don't be happy with 80% cos my first mock i got that, got happy and got a C in the exam. Not sure how to advice on chemistry but do every paper you can get. They're all related too. Learn all the calculations as well :tongue:
Reply 462
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I know it really looks amazing, but this girl is applying there who i don't really get on with and knowing my look we'll be in the same flat :angry: that would be a nightmare!!

Yeah i have wrote loads of directions on my ipod touch so i know which buses to get and where to! I hope the bus driver will tell me where to get off if i ask him!? You think he will?

oh, that would be piss take tbh, not what you need in uni when you wanna have fun. I've got your back :tongue:

Yea great idea, most of them will but there's always the inevitable dick. Go to the parkinson building on campus and they'll be able to help you out. The worst case, you'll miss your stop and get another one back. I wouldn't be too worried :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
oh, that would be piss take tbh, not what you need in uni when you wanna have fun. I've got your back :tongue:

Yea great idea, most of them will but there's always the inevitable dick. Go to the parkinson building on campus and they'll be able to help you out. The worst case, you'll miss your stop and get another one back. I wouldn't be too worried :biggrin:

Eww, why did i spell luck like 'look'?!? haha i think im getting stressed :P
Well if you happen to see a girl wondering aimlessly looking lost, who looks like me, feel free to come help me out haha!

Yeah, i hope i get a really nice one who lets me know where to get off and such!
Yeah i'm sure i'll be fine i just dont want to miss my train home :P, what time do you get to leeds for? :smile:
Reply 464
Original post by dmz
well as long as you're motivated and driven you really will be able to do it. I made sure i sort of learn each individual system/reaction/test/graphs. Practicing while i went along. It's a lot more than a memory job too cos they like throwing odd cases at you. Not sure how AQA works, but going back to check you can do it as quite important, then there's endless past papers, seriously aim for full marks don't be happy with 80% cos my first mock i got that, got happy and got a C in the exam. Not sure how to advice on chemistry but do every paper you can get. They're all related too. Learn all the calculations as well :tongue:

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 465
Eww, why did i spell luck like 'look'?!? haha i think im getting stressed :P
Well if you happen to see a girl wondering aimlessly looking lost, who looks like me, feel free to come help me out haha!

Yeah, i hope i get a really nice one who lets me know where to get off and such!
Yeah i'm sure i'll be fine i just dont want to miss my train home :P, what time do you get to leeds for? :smile:

:laugh: we all do it, some more than others :rolleyes: you should try applying for medicine twice! Getting in is harder than the course! guessing that's you in your picture :tongue:. I'll be wearing checkerboard vans...probably. And I've gone from being alone to 3/4 others :s-smilie: my friend in Leeds said he'll take me round. About 1-6,
Original post by T-Toe
Thank you :biggrin:

you're welcome. Just get in!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
guessing that's you in your picture :tongue:. I'll be wearing checkerboard vans...probably. And I've gone from being alone to 3/4 others :s-smilie: my friend in Leeds said he'll take me round. About 1-6,

Haha yes, that is me.. remember that face :biggrin:
Okay i shall be looking at every boy with checkered vans on :tongue:

Oh that's alright for you! I get there for 10ish and go about 4 so got a while to get round places I'd rather be waiting round then rushing about!
I really love the sound of Clarence there seems to be lots of nice people applying there! :biggrin:
Reply 467
Haha yes, that is me.. remember that face :biggrin:
Okay i shall be looking at every boy with checkered vans on :tongue:

Oh that's alright for you! I get there for 10ish and go about 4 so got a while to get round places I'd rather be waiting round then rushing about!
I really love the sound of Clarence there seems to be lots of nice people applying there! :biggrin:

I'd tell you what top as well but everyone following this thread will be on a look out for me, lol

i wanted to go earlier but one of my friend thinks it's too early :colonhash: i'm only going to 3.

I'd love for you to be there but i don't want anyone stealing my place :colone:
Original post by dmz
I'd tell you what top as well but everyone following this thread will be on a look out for me, lol

i wanted to go earlier but one of my friend thinks it's too early :colonhash: i'm only going to 3.

I'd love for you to be there but i don't want anyone stealing my place :colone:

Hahah :P private message me your top colour Muhaha! :colone:
Yeah, I wanted to go earlyish, I just read back over the Clarence dock thread and I've fell in love again! I don't think it's over subscribed so we will be okay don't worry!

I'm 98.9% sure that I will be booking Clarence haha : D I'm really excited I hope I love it!! :smile:
Reply 469
Hahah :P private message me your top colour Muhaha! :colone:
Yeah, I wanted to go earlyish, I just read back over the Clarence dock thread and I've fell in love again! I don't think it's over subscribed so we will be okay don't worry!

I'm 98.9% sure that I will be booking Clarence haha : D I'm really excited I hope I love it!! :smile:

Haha, we're going at completely difference times but sure :tongue:

yay! what about oxley? it wasnt last year but there's been a lot of interest this year

I'm about the same :biggrin: wanna see if it first tho, I'm excited moving into uni and getting the hell away from my parents!
Original post by dmz
Haha, we're going at completely difference times but sure :tongue:

yay! what about oxley? it wasnt last year but there's been a lot of interest this year

I'm about the same :biggrin: wanna see if it first tho, I'm excited moving into uni and getting the hell away from my parents!

Haha well it may take me about 2 hours to find it, I'm panicking but I know I'll be fine.. I hope :P
Oxley is gorgeous but doesn't seem practical! Clarence does considering it has a tesco express nearby and things: D

Yeah I need to see it but I think I'm going to love it anyway, you'll have to let me no what you think of it :biggrin: are you going to apply for accom when you back home based on what you saw? I think I am!:smile:
Reply 471
Haha well it may take me about 2 hours to find it, I'm panicking but I know I'll be fine.. I hope :P
Oxley is gorgeous but doesn't seem practical! Clarence does considering it has a tesco express nearby and things: D

Yeah I need to see it but I think I'm going to love it anyway, you'll have to let me no what you think of it :biggrin: are you going to apply for accom when you back home based on what you saw? I think I am!:smile:

You will be :yep:

I didn't even realise it had a tesco :tongue:. They both look pretty good but clarence is all undergrad, and has a bar with a gym which sealed the deal for me. I've not gotten my offer yet, but i should be able to get in leeds, so i'll apply as soon as i have an offer for something, got told i'd hear in a week and today's a week from when i applied so early next week hopefully. Yer pretty much
Original post by dmz
plus it has a gym and a bar, all en suite, cool location and under £100!

I don't know Why I'm selling it :facepalm:
check the site and look under the directions, or go to the campus first and get a day pass and i reckon you'll be alright. Get a ****load of printouts with directions :teehee:

Dude..you're killing the plan. I think I might have to do this scaring off thing alone if you're not careful :colonhash:
Reply 473
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Dude..you're killing the plan. I think I might have to do this scaring off thing alone if you're not careful :colonhash:

I'm sorry :ashamed:

:getmecoat:
Original post by dmz
I'm sorry :ashamed:

:getmecoat:

S'alright, I suppose...we ARE going to need flatmates after all...just make sure we stock up on good TSR'ians...then we could create a sort of hub or base from which we could wreak HAVOC :colone:
Reply 475
S'alright, I suppose...we ARE going to need flatmates after all...just make sure we stock up on good TSR'ians...then we could create a sort of hub or base from which we could wreak HAVOC :colone:

:awesome: you're a genius. How much space is there? Need to lower my expectations for tomoro
Original post by dmz
:awesome: you're a genius. How much space is there? Need to lower my expectations for tomoro

Yeah, this thread may have hyped-up expectations just a little :frown: ... but that's what the younger generations do! We get really excited for something so inane and carry on a fantasy that surpasses all others...like the fantasy that Father Christmas is the one who brings presents on Christmas Eve :redface:

or the fact that this is my 100th post and it actually symbolises a momentous event! :colondollar:

We all know in reality that it's just another s*** post.
Reply 477
Yeah, this thread may have hyped-up expectations just a little :frown: ... but that's what the younger generations do! We get really excited for something so inane and carry on a fantasy that surpasses all others...like the fantasy that Father Christmas is the one who brings presents on Christmas Eve :redface:

or the fact that this is my 100th post and it actually symbolises a momentous event! :colondollar:

We all know in reality that it's just another s*** post.

yer, it's gonna be an ordinary room for that price tbh, lol if not below ordinary, haha that's how i end up making everything disapointing :sigh:

you'll soon become an addict :yep:
Trying to decide between Tannery or leodis now.....Tannery is closer to the dental school ( I'm doing dentistry )
but leodis is bigger.
Tannery is all Ug
Leodis is UG, PG, Internationals....
Which one would be better for a dental student?
Reply 479
Driving up to Leeds now, three hours of headphones in desparately trying to ignore my parents constantly asking questions about the accommodation. :| Why is no-one talking about Bodington anymore?!

Latest