The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Liverpool offer!
Reply 361
Original post by red_bull
Liverpool offer!

Congratulations! Was your offer for A101 or A100?
Reply 362
Original post by LaRoar
Congratulations! Was your offer for A101 or A100?

Thank you! The offer is for A101
Bristol A101 interview :smile:
Reply 364
Original post by MedicalMaverick9
Bristol A101 interview :smile:

Woah, that's pretty late. But exciting times! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 365
People with swansea offers i have a quick question which i need clarification on before i firm my offer. on the swansea website they say

'Disclaimer, The GMC is working with Swansea School of Medicine to validate its new Graduate Entry Medicine undergraduate degree programme, which is being introduced for students admitted from September 2009. Subject to a satisfactory final report, Swansea students will be awarded UK medical degrees by the University of Wales from 2013. Swansea also delivers a graduate entry undergraduate degree in partnership with Cardiff Medical School for students admitted prior to 2009.'

Does this mean that it could be possible that we start stduying there and then halfway through our course (2013) the GMC don't validate the swansea course and we are left with a useless degree?
Reply 366
Barts rejection. Whatever, I wasn't considering going to you ANYWAY.
Reply 367
Original post by miklc

Haha, I'm the same with the Liverpool rejection I got yesterday. Although secretly, I'm really miffed. I thought my interview was great there and now I'm paranoid that I'm not actually doctor material and my Birmingham offer was just a fluke... :frown:
Reply 368
Original post by LaRoar
Haha, I'm the same with the Liverpool rejection I got yesterday. Although secretly, I'm really miffed. I thought my interview was great there and now I'm paranoid that I'm not actually doctor material and my Birmingham offer was just a fluke... :frown:

Yeh! I didn't want it but felt I deserved it.
Reply 369
Original post by dandedo2

Original post by dandedo2
Just wondering, has anybody heard anything at all from Keele for their 4 year course?

I got a decent GAMSAT score (made the other cutoffs), and have heard nothing, other than reading they are interviewing in March on their web site.

On NNM someone has asked, but noone has replied, so thought I would pose the question here.

Hey. I've applied too. I got an offer for the 5yr programme but not a peep about the 4yr. I know this post was a while ago so have you had anything in the meanwhile?
Original post by Nina :-)
Hey. I've applied too. I got an offer for the 5yr programme but not a peep about the 4yr. I know this post was a while ago so have you had anything in the meanwhile?

I am a graduate with an offer for the 5yr at Keele. I did not do the GAMSAT but i read on NMM that people have been invited for interview and someone has received an offer for Keele's 4yr. Where are your other choices? You must really have liked Keele to apply to its 4 and 5 year programmes.
Reply 371
Finally heard back from Cardiff (A100) - Offer!

Means I can now firm Swansea - Horray :smile:
Original post by miklc

hey yeh same..shove it barts:mad:

Im kinda in the same situation as you..got a 5 year offer and hoping on the warwick
Original post by Carr-Agger

hoping on the warwick

You heard back from Warwick yet?
I'm still waiting... :frown:
Original post by Cloud Idea Loop
You heard back from Warwick yet?
I'm still waiting... :frown:

nope..will wait until next wed and if nothin gonna call them..i feel offers are still filtering through
further to my misdirected optimism, just got a warwick rejection..just the one offer so decision has been made!!
Warwick offer :smile:

Just waiting on Bristol 4 year now post-interview.
Original post by red_bull
Thank you! The offer is for A101

Me too! Is Liverpool your first choice ???:smile:
New topic here...just wondered if anyone could give me any advice about applying for student loan etc.

I'm about to start the 4-year course at King's (so extra London rates apply). I currently live with my boyfriend, who works and is quite well paid, and intend to live with him throughout the course. Do I therefore have to list his income as my "household income"? It doesn't make a huge difference for the first year as I don't think grad medics can get anything from Student Finance that's income-assessed, but it will make a difference to the reduced-rate loan and NHS bursaries for years 2, 3 and 4.

Obviously I want to be honest, but for his salary the NHS website estimates he should contribute about 7k to my costs! This can't work for everyone - should having a partner (not a spouse) really change the amount I can borrow? We've only been together a year! Evidently I hope we won't break up, but what if we do, and he's spent all that money on my education?! Quite a few people must be in this situation, so I'd be really grateful for any advice!
Reply 379
Original post by shangrilalala
New topic here...just wondered if anyone could give me any advice about applying for student loan etc.

I'm about to start the 4-year course at King's (so extra London rates apply). I currently live with my boyfriend, who works and is quite well paid, and intend to live with him throughout the course. Do I therefore have to list his income as my "household income"? It doesn't make a huge difference for the first year as I don't think grad medics can get anything from Student Finance that's income-assessed, but it will make a difference to the reduced-rate loan and NHS bursaries for years 2, 3 and 4.

Obviously I want to be honest, but for his salary the NHS website estimates he should contribute about 7k to my costs! This can't work for everyone - should having a partner (not a spouse) really change the amount I can borrow? We've only been together a year! Evidently I hope we won't break up, but what if we do, and he's spent all that money on my education?! Quite a few people must be in this situation, so I'd be really grateful for any advice!

If you have been supporting yourself financially for 36 months prior to the starting the first year of your course, then it will be your boyfriends income which is used to calculate your bursary and reduced rate loan entitlement (should you choose to declare him as your spouse - I'm not sure many people would blame you if you didn't). These 36 months can include periods of unemployment but not time spent in receipt of a student loan/grant. If you have not been self supporting for 36 months (i.e. finished your first degree in the summer of 2010 or 2009) then your parents income is used to calculate your entitlement.

Why your family are still considered responsible for funding you over two years after they have presumably already helped you through one degree is beyond me, but unfortunately that's how it is. Hope the information helps anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest