The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you think of men that 'take care' of themselves?

Scroll to see replies

I didn't have a problem until I read "moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate"
Reply 61
I shave face and keep downstairs tidy, shower everyday at least, moisturize/spotcream ocassionaly and always make sure I smell decent but dont go full out with eyebrows armpits or body brush, dont really feel I need to, everyones got their own style, I dont feel I need too but each to their own
Original post by LzLz
No I think you just contradicted yourself greatly. I get where your coming from though, I used to think that til I made the change myself and actually took care in my apperance.

"Why do people think that people who don't put much effort into their appearance have bad hygiene? Seriously, there's a difference between not caring how your hair looks and making sure you're clean.

Men who put so much effort into their appearance are usually deeply insecure. Enjoy them ladies."

How am I contradicting myself?
I only take a few things into consideration when it comes to my appearance:
1) Am I clean?
2) Do I need a shave?
3) Is my hair too long?

Anything other than that and you're insecure.
Reply 63
Sounds like far too much effort.
I don't have a problem with it. As long as you don't look like a lady.
Original post by LzLz
I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

100% straight and exfoliates? Oooh, you've got me all fuzzy 'round the egdes, boy. :daydreaming:

Not. Way too vain.
Reply 66
Original post by SophiaKeuning
100% straight and exfoliates? Oooh, you've got me all fuzzy 'round the egdes, boy. :daydreaming:

Not. Way too vain.

Meh,you can't win them all over. Girls don't know I do all that,I just have glowing skin and good complexion :wink: (I'm joking here, don't assume I'm some arrogant dude. Yes I may be slightly vain if vain means I keep up appearances).
Reply 67
I'll reply to everyone in the morning on my laptop,it's far too hard on my iPad. And for everyone talking about facial hair,I'm rocking the 5oclock shadow/designer stubble right now,I just meant I keep it tidy.
Is it safe to shave my balls?
Reply 69
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
Is it safe to shave my balls?

One thing I've never been 'man' enough to try.
Reply 70
Original post by philistine

3. Brush teeth for about five minutes, then thoroughly gargle with mouthwash (I'll probably brush my teeth seven to eight times a day, with the mouthwash too).

:lolwut:
Original post by LzLz
One thing I've never been 'man' enough to try.

Rightly so. If you nip your scrotum then it's game over.
Reply 72
What. A. Bender.
I'm not really fussed as long as a guy dresses decent, looks good and isnt unhygienic.
I think that if it's a very noticeable monobrow then maybe pluck the middle..but if it's not then there's no need..because a lot of guys look okay with it.
Cleaning eyebrows up for guys is a big no, most guys suit their messy unshaped eyebrows...and it does make me think they're gay or a little :camp: :/

I kind of like the look with hairy pits on guys...:dontknow: makes them look more manly :h:, would be weird if it was comepletely waxed off and smooth..
and the slight stubble look :sogood:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by When will I know?
I'm not really fussed as long as a guy dresses decent, looks good and isnt unhygienic.
I think that if it's a very noticeable monobrow then maybe pluck the middle..but if it's not then there's no need..because a lot of guys look okay with it.
Cleaning eyebrows up for guys is a big no, most guys suit their messy unshaped eyebrows...and it does make me think they're gay or a little :camp: :/

I kind of like the look with hairy pits on guys...:dontknow: makes them look more manly :h:, would be weird if it was comepletely waxed off and smooth..
and the slight stubble look :sogood:

My eyebrows are normal and I have the slight stubble look therefore I am you're perfect man...... I love dark haired girls like the one on your profile :wink:

No but serious,very attractive.
Original post by LzLz
My eyebrows are normal and I have the slight stubble look therefore I am you're perfect man...... I love dark haired girls like the one on your profile :wink:

No but serious,very attractive.

What are normal eyebrows?:rolleyes:

..I didnt describe my 'perfect man' ( I dont have one) therefore you're not...:colondollar:

..but thanks :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Oranges
:lolwut:

Aye. Every time I drink something that isn't water, and every time I eat a meal or snack. Usually, about seven or eight times, but no less than five.
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
Why do people think that people who don't put much effort into their appearance have bad hygiene? Seriously, there's a difference between not caring how your hair looks and making sure you're clean.

Men who put so much effort into their appearance are usually deeply insecure. Enjoy them ladies.

too true
Just my opinion having a sister and all ,listening to her mates. But they do like the look of a guy who cares about his appearance and are attracted by it. There is taking it too far however and I have heard one of two of them moan about guys in relationships spending more time over themselves and not giving them the attention.

So as usual I really would not pay all that much attention to what girls say because they don 't really know their own minds. And really if the op was so successful with women and girls approaching all the time he wouldn't be making this thread I don't think.He would be drowning in gash and would not give a fuk what some online girls think.Or he must be insecure at some level, shaving all his bodyhair off, highlighting his hair,plucking eyebrows,using makeup,trying on his mums panties using straighteners etc etc.

Personally,Iam always clean shaven, I shower once a day ,twice if Iam at the gym, and moisturise my face and feet (which get dry), I am quite hairy but the only thing I keep tidy is my pube area, and I do alright.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 79
But you don't floss!:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending