The Student Room Group

A Plan To Create A More Stable, Productive, Harmonious And Intelligent Planet.

The swift idea appeared whilst reading a thread in H&R concerning what age one would ideally want to get married.

However, reading some of the answers, I was mildly surprised that many people were giving quite young ages to get married and have a family.

The issue with modern society and its many problems and dilemmas is that many adults marry and have children without planning articulately and carefully. (Having said that, there are of course many adults who carry out such plans.)

The thing is - it would be better to go further and not only ensure a stable family and "calm, happy life" - but, why not attempt to refine and carefully mould newborns to ensure that they are highly intelligent, sophisticated and mature at early ages.

For this to occur - the majority of planning parents should attempt to set up a stable home before having a family, ensure that there is a continuous source of income, plan and prepare for a future newborn's birth well beforehand and also research theories and ways to ensure that the child is highly developed and highly intelligent - i.e. nutrition, sophisticated art music etc.

In short, if you were not able read that brief outline above - do you not think that in modern society, adults rush into marriage and having kids without planning sufficiently and thinking ahead, well ahead? Is the majority of society not mediocre and "common" because of this? Could we not see more Mozarts, Einsteins etc with more planning on children's futures well beforehand?

In short, it is your duty as an emerging generation to plan well ahead for your offspring and families and ensure that you come out with excellent, well-developed and highly intelligent children (even prodigies!). With this, the future world would be a much better one than we have now and we would have less disputes and conflicts because many would be highly educated and intelligent and thus would strive to work at higher pleasures and pursuits instead of striving towards sex, violence, drugs, "fun" etc etc

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No-one's going to read that.

But yes, there are many idiots getting pregnant many times by the age of 18 and engaged by 22. Then divorced by about 25.

Special mention goes to those who believe proposing not only fixes broken relationships, but is actually a way of getting BACK INTO a relationship with someone.

Facepalm Britain.
The most important things to give kids is love. None of this living your dreams through them malarkey, a parents job is to teach children how to learn and to love learning, not to to tell them what they have to learn in order to be 'excellent'. Hoping for a prodigy will only lead to disappointment and equal unhappy and rebellious children.
I don't think you can plan your child's aptitude ahead of time, and I think that you are misguided in judging certain qualities as being more worthwhile than others in people

But obviously good planning can help improve quality of life for children and parents alike
Reply 4
Just look after yourself and **** anyone who isn't close to you. They'll only do the same, it's human nature to **** over people who aren't with you so **** everyone. I personally don't give a **** about this planet or anyone not in my family or not very close to me and I doubt very many people living in the real world do.

REAL TALK.
Original post by nonotrly

[QUOTE=nonotrly;30520344]No-one's going to read that.

But yes, there are many idiots getting pregnant many times by the age of 18 and engaged by 22. Then divorced by about 25.

Special mention goes to those who believe proposing not only fixes broken relationships, but is actually a way of getting BACK INTO a relationship with someone.

Facepalm Britain.

Which is why I summarised the gist of it in that bold underlined paragraph.

Original post by Smelly Ellie
The most important things to give kids is love. None of this living your dreams through them malarkey, a parents job is to teach children how to learn and to love learning, not to to tell them what they have to learn in order to be 'excellent'. Hoping for a prodigy will only lead to disappointment and equal unhappy and rebellious children.

That IS the whole point - teaching the kids to love to learn and love knowledge and love being clever. My parents did not teach me to love learning - I had to develop it very late in life and the love is still with me and will still be for a very long, long time.

I am not talking of forcing them like Chinese society does, but it would be better to show them that learning and knowldge are much better than mediocreness and the rest of the nonsense that regular society is about.

Original post by LtCommanderData
I don't think you can plan your child's aptitude ahead of time, and I think that you are misguided in judging certain qualities as being more worthwhile than others in people

But obviously good planning can help improve quality of life for children and parents alike

You can certainly try. A good starting point would be to rather play Mozart to the baby rather than P-Diddy or something. The chances are that the baby who was regularly played Mozart from a very young age would turn out better (in many different ways) than the baby who was played trash hip hop from a very young age.
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£

That IS the whole point - teaching the kids to love to learn and love knowledge and love being clever. My parents did not teach me to love learning - I had to develop it very late in life and the love is still with me and will still be for a very long, long time.

I am not talking of forcing them like Chinese society does, but it would be better to show them that learning and knowldge are much better than mediocreness and the rest of the nonsense that regular society is about.

The thing is - it would be better to go further and not only ensure a stable family and "calm, happy life" - but, why not attempt to refine and carefully mould newborns to ensure that they are highly intelligent, sophisticated and mature at early ages.

For this to occur - the majority of planning parents should attempt to set up a stable home before having a family, ensure that there is a continuous source of income, plan and prepare for a future newborn's birth well beforehand and also research theories and ways to ensure that the child is highly developed and highly intelligent - i.e. nutrition, sophisticated art music etc.

Sorry I was replying to these points in your original post, which suggest ramming 'culture' down childrens throats to produce prodigies...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Broderss
Just look after yourself and **** anyone who isn't close to you. They'll only do the same, it's human nature to **** over people who aren't with you so **** everyone. I personally don't give a **** about this planet or anyone not in my family or not very close to me and I doubt very many people living in the real world do.

REAL TALK.

Well actually this kind of attitude is the one that is never going to lead to the creation of a planet that OP is talking about. Although I don't agree with his suggestion either.

People should marry when they feel it's time for them and when they find a person they love. If we all wait till we have a stable life we'll have kids at the age of 40, which will only lead to decreased birth rates and increased mortality rates, so no, not a good idea.

The key to a planet you, OP, suggest, is to give love to one another, and be positive, regardless... :smile:
Reply 8
Duty? Duty to who exactly? The only person I have a duty to is myself and my continuing happiness.
Reply 9
I will keep this short, because this thread is going end up a rather long one.

I agree partly with your argument, but on the other hand, is there a 'right' time to have a baby?
I was thinking this myself but there's not exactly a user manual out there for us to produce extremely intelligent perfect robotic children either.
Although in my case it was through no fault of my mum, I'm pretty glad I grew up in a very poor household.

I appreciate everything I get etc. etc. but most importantly, I have respect for everyone - something a lot of people don't have. In work the other day, I overheard a conversation people were having going on about how hard they work and how "thieving scum" etc. are reaping the benefits by being given heaps of cash for doing nothing, despite being typically nice people and would never dream of belittling individuals. I'm very glad I have an appreciation of what it's like to struggle to get by, whereas the majority of well off people are under some sort of impression that they are under hardship while the jobless/low-paid are living the life of riley.

And theories about nutrition, music etc. increasing the unborn childs intelligence are generally baseless.
Reply 12
Which is why I summarised the gist of it in that bold underlined paragraph.

You can certainly try. A good starting point would be to rather play Mozart to the baby rather than P-Diddy or something. The chances are that the baby who was regularly played Mozart from a very young age would turn out better (in many different ways) than the baby who was played trash hip hop from a very young age.

This was actually disproven long ago.

The west does seem to be lacking in its child discipline I would use positive feedback on my child e.g. instead of celebrating birthdays I would celebrate achievement for example if my son gets a good grade I would hand him 50 quid.

negative feedback could also be used if positive feedback isn't enough e.g. taking away entertainment upon unsatisfactory action however I would be lenient on the latter as it may be a matter of potential but as the enlightened said a fool can become a king.

I believe it to be of utmost importance to teach a child that he/she cannot always trust what he/she hears or sees until it is reflected upon, cross referenced and then discarded again.(Basically do not trust anything based on opinion).

Nonetheless the most efficient way would of course be neo-eugenics as I call it by sterilizing idiots/criminals and killing old people. Afterwards we replace coal/natural gas by nuclear powerstations and improve water efficiency to the same level as singapore.(perhaps the most important and least controversial factor would be the increased funding of science and decreased funding of recreation).

And last but not least a one child police until population stabilises to a desired factor after all every child produces a co2 footprint equal to 30 cars.
Reply 13
get rid of the plague that is known as CHAVS

REAL TALK.

I literally can't recall seeing one post of yours without swearing, sweary bro :rolleyes: do carry on
Reply 15
Original post by lukejoshjedi
i literally can't recall seeing one post of yours without swearing, sweary bro :rolleyes: Do carry on

SWEARING IS COOL AND I LIKE IT.

Real talk.

Reply 16
SWEARING IS COOL AND I LIKE IT.

Real talk.

When did you start writing real talk in your posts? :eyeball:
Reply 17
Original post by lonely14
When did you start writing real talk in your posts? :eyeball:

when my posts are so true i need to supplement them with a validation statement.
If every child were
highly developed and highly intelligent - i.e. nutrition, sophisticated art music etc.

then who would want to do the working class jobs?

I mean come on, if everybody is getting straight A*'s in school, nobody is going to want to be the local binman etc.

If your idea were to pull through then we would have a much less content society as "highly inteligent" people would have to do the mundane jobs.

Surely this isn't better for anybody?

Society works because we have different groups of people who are willing and able to do different things.
I didn't read the original post, but I have a far better idea.

Sterilize everyone.

Though, you'd probably find that it would be the ULTRA MALES/FEMALES that would somehow be resistant to the sterilization. And they're generally the most stupid ones.

I guess if we were left with just these types they'd revert to a more animalistic, and ultimately less destructive, lifestyle fairly quickly.

Meh. Still works.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending