The Student Room Group

What is the worst pain you have experienced?

Scroll to see replies

When I was a little girl I had a neighbour who was sort of my nanny.
I always enjoyed staying with her and she could make the best homemade cakes. :biggrin:
She's almost like my best friend!!!

Within a few years I left that community and settled somewhere else.
Years passed before I returned and the time when I got a chance to visit: the first thing I did was to visit her.

When I reached the house, I knocked the front door. Her daughter answered.

*Squeals* "Oh... my...word!!! It's been sooo long! Look how tall you are!"

:colondollar: "I know right?!!! I missed you guys so much!...:blah:
...Soooo, where's [nanny's name]. I would really like to see her."

*Long awkward silence*
Her smile was wiped off her face in less than a second!!!

"Oh, Sh...sh..she's in the other room. Come inside and let me show you."

As I trailed behind her, I suddenly felt sick. Was she ill or something? My heart pounded.
We reached inside the room and the daughter gave me a quick glance and pointed...

"She's right over there.... She talked about you a lot you know."

She was very sad.
I smiled in an awful attempt to cheer her up and then looked at the place she was pointing at...
When I looked, my worst fears came alive!!!

Spoiler

One other painful (physical) moment was when pepper caught my eyes...
My faced burnt and I literally couldn't see for 10 minutes.
To add insult to injury, my cousins laughed and ridiculed me for the rest of the day.
Reply 261
When I tripped up and my big toe nail was 90 degrees (half of the nail) and my ex pushed it back down. OUCH.:eek:
Definately the migraines I get. It feels like im having my head repeatedly smashed with a hammer and sometimes they can go on for days :frown:
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Definately the migraines I get. It feels like im having my head repeatedly smashed with a hammer and sometimes they can go on for days :frown:

Yes yes yes. I just want to take my eyes out and rub them.
heart ache
Original post by JunePlum
When I was a little girl I had a neighbour who was sort of my nanny.
I always enjoyed staying with her and she could make the best homemade cakes. :biggrin:
She's almost like my best friend!!!

Within a few years I left that community and settled somewhere else.
Years passed before I returned and the time when I got a chance to visit: the first thing I did was to visit her.

When I reached the house, I knocked the front door. Her daughter answered.

*Squeals* "Oh... my...word!!! It's been sooo long! Look how tall you are!"

:colondollar: "I know right?!!! I missed you guys so much!...:blah:
...Soooo, where's [nanny's name]. I would really like to see her."

*Long awkward silence*
Her smile was wiped off her face in less than a second!!!

"Oh, Sh...sh..she's in the other room. Come inside and let me show you."

As I trailed behind her, I suddenly felt sick. Was she ill or something? My heart pounded.
We reached inside the room and the daughter gave me a quick glance and pointed...

"She's right over there.... She talked about you a lot you know."

She was very sad.
I smiled in an awful attempt to cheer her up and then looked at the place she was pointing at...
When I looked, my worst fears came alive!!!

Spoiler

One other painful (physical) moment was when pepper caught my eyes...
My faced burnt and I literally couldn't see for 10 minutes.
To add insult to injury, my cousins laughed and ridiculed me for the rest of the day.

really sorry to hear about ur nanny :frown:
Reply 266
When I began having seizures at age 14, one night I woke up and felt something was wrong, I tried standing up to go get my parents (bad idea) and blacked out. When I came around some paramedics where carrying me down the stairs, I'd hit my head on the corner of the skirting board of my wall and thought my head would explode from the pain of both the hit and the pain the seizure had left me with. I was in agony, it was worse than any migraine I’d ever had, like someone was taking a sledgehammer to the inside of my brain. The docs kept me in A&E for 8 hours without giving me any pain medication.
My bf threw me head first into the bedside table last night, that kinda hurt :frown: (yea yea he didn't mean to do it).
Jellyfish sting and period cramps. But I suppose childbirth will beat both.
Reply 269
The worst pain I have had was when I was 7, and fell of a lego motorbike and cut my leg open. That was an eventful trip to legoland. :biggrin: Not much has really happened to me.
Period cramps & getting my wisdom teeth removed. :frown:
Reply 271
infected tooth taken out with no anaesthetic
Reply 272
i was at the gym once on the calf machine and didn't notices the 20kg plates weren't mounted properly...cut a long story short 5 of them came crashing and broke my four of my toes lol eeeek
burst my aorta in my school science lab... was pushing a delivery tube into a test tube and the delivery trub snapped, straight through my hand. Was screaming, teacher turned round, got ushered out the room, put into the prep room, collapsed, fainted twice, ambulance came, in A&E for a day, came out, got a BLT from marks and spencer and back to normal after a few weeks :smile:
Reply 274
breaking my leg... **** that nhurt
Standing on a lego brick
Erm the morning after I got my braces on killed on an epic scale cos they forgot to take any teeeth out first and were essentially trying to force them back where there was no space. now my mouth and bite are completley screwed up.

oh yeah and when I managed to dislocate my ankle (which is apparantley very difficult to do), they couldn't pop it back in so they had to twist and gradually put it back toghether. took hours and single most painful thing I've ever experienced, and now I walk funny!
Original post by inspiringsoul
really sorry to hear about ur nanny :frown:

:colondollar:

Yeah, it's really sad.
Another bad part of it was that my parents already knew (she died two months before my visit).
Apparently they were waiting for an "appropriate" time to tell me (BAD IDEA!!!!) and so I only thought she was alive and well.

That was really an awful way of getting the news... It was pretty dramatic that day.
Reply 278
I had a kidney stone a few months ago. That was definitely the most physical pain I've ever been in. They had to shoot me up with morphine to stop me screaming.
Blimey, sounds like you need a bit of luck :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending