The Student Room Group

Most Boring A Level????

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

I found biology quite boring. It seemed like it was just memorising facts and then repeating it in the exam.

...So I dropped it after a month and picked up further maths! :borat:
Reply 2
Hate biology? Biologys awesome keeps me insane! I would think ICT my friends handed in their coursework this week and 25% of the alevel was 300 pages which took over a year and a half to complete! The other 75% seems mostly the same. Also im not a fan of technology or rather it's not a fan of me.
Depends on your interests. I'd personally think Business Studies is the most boring thing on earth but some people enjoy it. Out of the subjects I do I think chemistry's the most boring.
Reply 4
Biology is so dull, wish I took further maths instead
English
Reply 6
accounting boring
Reply 7
I liked the first year of English Language, but then the second year isn't really doing it for me, despite that fact I have new and better teachers.
Original post by kat2pult
Why would you do an A Level you found boring?

because you could carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring but it actually gets worse

research methods in sociology is terrible :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Geology looks dull to me.
Reply 10
Original post by louiseyoung
because you could carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring but it actually gets worse

I found sociology quite interesting.

I would never have 'carry on doing it in the hope it'll get less boring', I wouldn't put that much faith into Edexcel's/AQA's/OCR's etc syllabus to make something that was boring at GCSE more interesting at A Level.
Reply 11
Original post by Accalia
Geology looks dull to me.

:O Take that back!

Original post by phill232
Hate biology? Biologys awesome keeps me insane! I would think ICT my friends handed in their coursework this week and 25% of the alevel was 300 pages which took over a year and a half to complete! The other 75% seems mostly the same. Also im not a fan of technology or rather it's not a fan of me.

It keeps you insane?
History, taught badly.
I detested geography outta the four i did.

Kept maths/physics/history over it because i simple couldn't stand learning the course of a river for 3 months......:s-smilie:
I found sociology quite interesting.

Sociology interesting!?

Whever I walk into that class I want to kill myself.

Psychology is where it's at :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by louiseyoung

SOCIOLOGY IS THE MOST HORRIBLE A LEVEL SUBJECT! NO ONE TAKE IT PLZ
I feel like pulling ma hair out !! it suxz!
i wud do any A level other then it! trust me!!:frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Why would you do an A Level you found boring?

I found Physics less interesting than my other AS's so I didn't carry it on for A2.

I didn't know Biology would be so dull. However, there was no way I would get an A in Spanish, or if I did it would be at the expense of my other subjects. As much as I loved Spanish, I would've compromised a place at university to carry it on ;p
By that, I have to keep Biology for another long and dull year :mad:

Some of the content is pretty interesting, it's just the fact (as someone said) that you have to memorise and learn it out for the exam. Chemistry/Maths are the sort of things you learn to work out and deal with, the exams are just with different numbers (or molecules). That's a sort of skill and fun to do, memorising 101 key words, because they won't give you a decent grade if you don't, is not.
Reply 17
Original post by MairiTheMack
Sociology interesting!?

Whever I walk into that class I want to kill myself.

Psychology is where it's at :wink:

I did a one year A Level in sociology so we did quite a lot in one lesson making it more interesting, or at least the chance of there being something interesting slightly higher...
A level maths...All you do is solve pointless numbers
Reply 19
I took Archaeology... It was pretty boring. Our lecturer was really nice though, and we took a field trip to Ireland, so it wasn't too painful I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest