The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you think of men that 'take care' of themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Nope, sorry OP.

You seem wayy too high maintenance and probably vain.
Reply 81
Original post by When will I know?
What are normal eyebrows?:rolleyes:

..I didnt describe my 'perfect man' ( I dont have one) therefore you're not...:colondollar:

..but thanks :smile:

I'm only messing with you, I'm not a stereotypical dickhead :smile:

Normal eyebrows=ones that aren't plucked to hell, just the middle bit gone.
Reply 82
Probably wouldn't be my kind of guy. Not because I subscribe to some sort of gender stereotyping nonsense about "alpha males", but because I don't spend that much time on my appearance myself so I don't imagine we'd go together that well. I certainly wouldn't live up to his expectations! [Also, I don't think I'd go for anyone who describes himself as "an alpha male" and a "lad".] I like my men scruffy but clean. However, I don't have an issue with a man doing all that vanity routine stuff in principle and I think it's pretty sad that some people think men should be forbidden from taking an interest in their appearances just because they're male.
Reply 83
Original post by Jelkin
Probably wouldn't be my kind of guy. Not because I subscribe to some sort of gender stereotyping nonsense about "alpha males", but because I don't spend that much time on my appearance myself so I don't imagine we'd go together that well. I certainly wouldn't live up to his expectations! [Also, I don't think I'd go for anyone who describes himself as "an alpha male" and a "lad".] I like my men scruffy but clean. However, I don't have an issue with a man doing all that vanity routine stuff in principle and I think it's pretty sad that some people think men should be forbidden from taking an interest in their appearances just because they're male.

That's actually a great answer, props to you!

And I must say, even though I spend all that time doing stuff, it isn't a daily routine or anything. If I'm getting a bit pale, I'll tan myself a little. If my eyebrows show hairs in middle, I'll get rid of them etc etc.

And contray to belief, I don't only go for girls that spend so much effort in their appearences.
Original post by LzLz

Thanks, I'll give them a try! I also eat right and I think diet is like 90% part of having good skin/hair etc.

This annoys me. I mean, nothing with the rest of your thread but just, you know that isn't true right?

People who have acne aren't dirty or poor eaters (well any more than anyone else). Do you think it's nice for them when other people assume that (like you basically just did)?

Poor skin/hair is literally (for the most part) genetic and hormonal bad luck. Moisturises and enough vegetables aren't enough to cut it for most people who actually have an acne problem, and your statement above is like saying "I think diet is about 90% of not having eczema you know".
Reply 85
Original post by BeanofJelly
This annoys me. I mean, nothing with the rest of your thread but just, you know that isn't true right?

People who have acne aren't dirty or poor eaters (well any more than anyone else). Do you think it's nice for them when other people assume that (like you basically just did)?

Poor skin/hair is literally (for the most part) genetic and hormonal bad luck. Moisturises and enough vegetables aren't enough to cut it for most people who actually have an acne problem, and your statement above is like saying "I think diet is about 90% of not having eczema you know".

I didn't sum up that everybody that has ever had bad acne/hair has a bad diet so don't jump to conclusions there Dr Nutrition.

However, someone with a bad acne,greasy hair and smells quite bad that eats takeaways and drinks alochol a lot that THEN goes and changes up their diet and cuts this crap out, will more than likely lose some of their spots and have better hair. At like 12, I had a really spotty forehead because I drank IrnBru like it was running out. I cut it out completley and only drank water and within like weeks, my forehead was all but clear.

Whenever I have sugary foods, I break out in a couple of spots on my face the next couple of days. So yes, Diet is relating to things like that but yes, genetics are also a problem.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like an idiot and I do get where your coming from but I do believe that spots and the like can be helped if you have a bad diet and you clean it up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LzLz

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like an idiot and I do get where your coming from but I do believe that spots and the like can be helped if you have a bad diet and you clean it up.

You are forgiven (lol)

This is true, but in the same way that some people with indigestion/heartburn can relieve/avoid their symptoms by not consuming triggers (eg: coffee, chocolate, greasy foods).

Basically.. diet can modify symptoms but is not their principal cause, and for some, will not help at all (if for example their diet is already fine).

It was only the "90%" that had me riled, because for a lot of people a statement like that is kind of "ha! I wish!".

EDIT: As for your thread, your personal grooming wouldn't bother me. Although I would feel obliged to make friendly fun of you about it if I were your girlfriend. Also, "Doctor Nutrition" :curious:.... :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by BeanofJelly
You are forgiven (lol)

This is true, but in the same way that some people with indigestion/heartburn can relieve/avoid their symptoms by not consuming triggers (eg: coffee, chocolate, greasy foods).

Basically.. diet can modify symptoms but is not their principal cause, and for some, will not help at all (if for example their diet is already fine).

It was only the "90%" that had me riled, because for a lot of people a statement like that is kind of "ha! I wish!".

EDIT: As for your thread, your personal grooming wouldn't bother me. Although I would feel obliged to make friendly fun of you about it if I were your girlfriend.

Most people do but like you said, it's all friendly haha :wink:

And I agree 100% with the rest of your post, I guess I attribue diet to being able to help a little too much just because it helped me with all my goals (body wise).
Dear Thread Starter.

You seem too vain.

Also you seem like the kin of person who tells guys of and that they are gay for straightening their hair. Even though you do a lot more unnessecary stuff.
Reply 89
Original post by endtherapture51
Dear Thread Starter.

You seem too vain.

Also you seem like the kin of person who tells guys of and that they are gay for straightening their hair. Even though you do a lot more unnessecary stuff.

If you straighten your hair then fair enough, I'm not going to have a go? I don't like the look personally but that's just my thought. I'm not vain at all, just comfortable with the fact that I like to look my best. However my best isn't neccessarily better looking than any other guy? Looks are subjective (for the most part).
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LzLz
If you straighten your hair then fair enough, I'm not going to have a go? I don't like the look personally but that's just my thought. I'm not vain at all, just comfortable with the fact that I like to look my best.

If, as you said earlier, all the girls you know and your girlfriend are happy with who well groomed you are and how you look, why have you come on the internet to fish for compliments?
Reply 91
Original post by LzLz
I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

I like guys who do those sort of things, if I make an effort (which I always do) it's nice if he does too. :smile:
Reply 92
I don't mind a guy like you op as long as I'm the one who will take longer to get ready :tongue: lol I haven't actually met any guy who uses body brush or any kind of exfoliator. No one would admit they do anyway
Reply 93
I do all those stuff. I always though doing all those stuff was normal and hygienic.
Wow. I'm clean and hygenic, but OP is a faggot.
Somtimes...when your waiting for them to get ready, outside their house..they take hours. It's annoying. Grrrr, my BF may be gay.
Personally I don't think I could date someone who spends longer in the bathroom beautifying themselves each day than me...
I shower, shave and moisturise but I definitely don't use tinter moisturisers and fragrance everyday...
Reply 97
Original post by endtherapture51
If, as you said earlier, all the girls you know and your girlfriend are happy with who well groomed you are and how you look, why have you come on the internet to fish for compliments?

Not fishing for compliments,I'm asking what TSR girls think of it. It won't change what I do but i'm just curious. That ok with you?
Reply 98
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
Wow. I'm clean and hygenic, but OP is a faggot.

I'm getting Called a fag by a diehard star wars fan,things must be getting bad hahahaha. Brb visiting the death star.
Reply 99

Quick Reply