Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarah040791
I received an unconditional offer from Central yesterday! :biggrin:

Wow, congratulations!
What course is that for? x
Original post by rbarber.08
Wow, congratulations!
What course is that for? x

The Scenic Art course. So happy and thank you!
I got a conditional for the scenic construction course.
So excited to go :smile:
Reply 503
Original post by DecW
Got my Guildhall interview for Technical Theatre tomorrow :smile: Sh**ing a brick right now haha!

my friend sarah has hers tomorrow too for technical theatre :smile: good luck! its not as scary as it first seems, i actually rather enjoyed it!
Anyone here applying for BA Acting in LAMDA or RADA?

:smile:
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Anyone here applying for BA Acting in LAMDA or RADA?

:smile:

I'm applying for RADA. Down to had 3 rounds but I'm in the 'we are still considering your application' stage. Been waiting 5 weeks for an outcome. Have you had any auditions yet?
Original post by Lauracrocker
I'm applying for RADA. Down to had 3 rounds but I'm in the 'we are still considering your application' stage. Been waiting 5 weeks for an outcome. Have you had any auditions yet?

Oh wow - thats an incredible achievement that you have gotten that far! I hope you get hear some good news. :smile:

I haven't had one audition yet - but I have my first one in April. :eek: Nervous stuff...

How old are you?

All the best.
offer from york, wiriting,directing and performance!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: soooo happy
Reply 508
Has anyone auditioned for the BA in Acting course for RADA? I had my recall in february and I've received no reply yet - does anybody know if they'll send me a reply anyway even if I didn't make it? I live abroad so fear of it getting lost in the post is killing me....
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Oh wow - thats an incredible achievement that you have gotten that far! I hope you get hear some good news. :smile:

I haven't had one audition yet - but I have my first one in April. :eek: Nervous stuff...

How old are you?

All the best.

Don't worry, you can only do your best and nothing more.

Thanks so much, I'm 25 and already have a degree.

Good luck to you too!
Original post by DakH3mm
Has anyone auditioned for the BA in Acting course for RADA? I had my recall in february and I've received no reply yet - does anybody know if they'll send me a reply anyway even if I didn't make it? I live abroad so fear of it getting lost in the post is killing me....

You should no matter what the outcome is but they can take months to reply so don't worry. If you don't hear back after 6 weeks (from your audition date) or so maybe send a polite email to say that you still haven't heard.
Reply 511
You should no matter what the outcome is but they can take months to reply so don't worry. If you don't hear back after 6 weeks (from your audition date) or so maybe send a polite email to say that you still haven't heard.

I hope so. The waiting game is killing me - I'm pretty much stalking the postman every day. It's been way longer than 4 weeks now and I'm really afraid it got lost in the post :frown:
Reply 512

they sure do, did you have any luck with the 3rd?

I think both LAMDA/RADA have had a **** load of applicants this year.
Reply 513
Original post by Zayne101

Definitely. They told us at the meeting for the preliminaries that up till then (c. Late January) 3228 applications had been given in. And they stop accepting applications 1st March. So yeah, the competition is at large.

Still waiting for that blessed letter...Or a reply to an email i sent them 5 days ago...
Reply 514
Just got an offer for Queen Mary :smile:
Reply 515
Original post by ryan.hazey
Auditioned for ALRA and Oxford School of Drama over the last week. Got through to the last 10 on both auditions and waiting on a recall for both. Was just wondering do they still ring you back even if you are unsuccessful for a recall? Any advice would be a great help! :biggrin: Thanks! :smile:

I'am not too sure on Oxford but i know after the ALRA if got through to the last stage i got a email saying the verdict lol. mine came after i think 2/3 weeks maybe a bit longer. Most of the way they contacted you is by email :smile:
Original post by Zayne101

I was sent a letter saying they are still thinking about a month ago but not heard anything since. I think quite a few people are in the same position. I would love a firm answer though! Have you finished all your rounds for this year?
Reply 517
Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice with what to do with my auditions. This past week I have contracted severe tonsilitis and possible glandular fever (tests are ongoing). My doctor has advised me to stay off work until Monday at the earliest and not to do any strenuous activity. The problem is that I have 2 drama school first rounds this week, Drama Centre BA Directing interview on Thursday and Rose Bruford BA Acting audition on Friday.

This is going to involve a lot of travel, I know that I will be fine with Drama Centre as it is a sit down interview, I reached the shortlist for the course last year and recieved feedback with regards to my application and why I was unsuccesful. Obviously this whole illness thing has thrown me off course a little. With regards to Rose Bruford I have major concerns, namely that there is (I think) a physical excersise along with the fact that my voice has become extremely husky and a little all over the place. This puts me at a major disadvantage. I really want to attend but obviously I wont be 100% and I dont know whether to tell them this and see if they will take it into account. I have a letter from my GP outlining his reccomendations for work so I think it might be advantegous to bring copies of this to the auditions? I dont want to pull out at all because it is unproffesional and schools are unlikely to offer a new date. My other concern is passing my illness on.

Has anybody ever been in a similar situation or have any advice on how to handle this?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 518
Has anyone heard back yet from LAMDA 12th March audition?
Reply 519
hello!

Just wondering if anyone knew how many people get through each round in the RADA auditions?
x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending