The Student Room Group

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
hes amazing.
not sure whether to be jealous or not though
Reply 201
Original post by BlueJoker
I think stories like this are kinda sad :/ He's doing adult stuff, he's missed out on so much.

EDIT: If you're going to neg me, explain why -_-

Most kids with Aspergers don't enjoy normaly kid stuff at all.
Reply 202
Original post by anonymous 428
i'd rather play mario

p.s. wish i had autism =/

Autism is both a gift and a curse...many wish they didn't have it.
Many are above average intelligence but not many are near his intelligence.
Why did I presume before even clicking on the thread that the kid would be asian?
Original post by TwilightKnight
American Math notation sucks.

Yep - the notation of 300 million people, is equal to just one person. Would hate to think where you learned such mathematics :rolleyes:
:eek3: :zomg: :eek3:
Original post by manchild007
Yep - the notation of 300 million people, is equal to just one person. Would hate to think where you learned such mathematics :rolleyes:

It's called a joke.

You clearly aren't as smart as you think you are.
Original post by TwilightKnight
It's called a joke.

You clearly aren't as smart as you think you are.

Or the more likely outcome, you're not as funny as you think you are.

:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by manchild007
Or the more likely outcome, you're not as funny as you think you are.

:smile:

Both hypotheses have merit.

But I would think that considering you came rushing to the aid of those helpless 300 million people who were purportedly being represented by a single 12 year old boy, which I made a bit of a Maths joke about, considering that all Western society uses the same notation, but appropriates it differently depending on what they're using it for, the former is more likely, no?

As an FYI, he's actually using Lagrangian notation, which is commonly used for Mechanics and was originated by an Italian.

So, I'm not funny, but you have certainly lived up to your doctrine by rushing to the aid of anything American, even if it isn't.
Reply 209
:eek:
Original post by Jono404
Why do people write equations on windows? I saw it on A Beautiful Mind and then again on The Social Network, why not just use a whiteboard?

That's actually a bloody good question, I remember watching some documentary about string theory or something and one guys office was like a glass cube in the middle of a room with equations written all over it.

You see it a lot, windows and whiteboards.

What's wrong with paper? :confused:
Original post by Jono404
Why do people write equations on windows? I saw it on A Beautiful Mind and then again on The Social Network, why not just use a whiteboard?

Original post by Wozzie
That's actually a bloody good question, I remember watching some documentary about string theory or something and one guys office was like a glass cube in the middle of a room with equations written all over it.

You see it a lot, windows and whiteboards.

What's wrong with paper? :confused:

Paper is an awful medium to use when trying to work things out, if you make mistakes you have to scribble it out or use tipex which looks scruffy and disrupts the flow.

Using a white board or a window is easier because they can quickly and easily be wiped clean to eliminate mistakes. Also you can rub parts out and rearrange them fairly easily, whereas on paper you'd have to write it all out as you go along.

Personally when doing essays I always write notes down on my windows with a non-permanent board marker, largely because I don't have a white board. But also because my windows are pretty big thus serve as a large surface for jotting down and storing notes. I can't stand having pages and pages of paper strewn everywhere, I just can't work like that.

Everyone has their personal preferences, some like paper, some like whiteboards or windows, some prefer digital mediums.

Plus it's also nice to gaze out the window whilst your working :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AshleyT
Most kids with Aspergers don't enjoy normaly kid stuff at all.

Yes, and they're aware of this and often feel excluded or isolated. Or at least, my sister and the kids my dad used to work with did.
what a lad
Wow. Good for him. I hope he does something positive with his intelligence. Something that can benefit him n ppl around him.
Reply 215
Original post by BlueJoker
Yes, and they're aware of this and often feel excluded or isolated. Or at least, my sister and the kids my dad used to work with did.

Yes, basic knowledge of AS...

Then why comment he's 'missing out on kids stuff' when it's unlikely he'd enjoy kids stuff anyway? Clearly he's enjoying what he does a lot more.
Reply 216
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Don't worry, I'm sure he's going to prove far more useful than you'll ever be.

I'm sure he will, but i imagine i'll be more useful then certain people. Take a hint?
It's not the sort of life I would want, but for him spending his life doing that high level maths and physics in a university will probably be the environment where he will flourish and be happiest. I doubt a "normal childhood" would be what he wants. It's a pity that there are other exceptional children who don't have these opportunities, they could contribute a lot to the world.

:colonhash:
Reply 218
Original post by FilthyYouth
Yeh I love Karl Pilkington

OMG LOL, perhaps the best comment in existence! I LOVE YOU
Reply 219
i guess he is clever! but don't you guys agree he is showing off in that video in Daily mail........i mean pretending like John Nash in A Beautiful Mind....writing in windows....similar to a scene in Social Network too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending