The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ah great.

IJL Trott c Jayawardene b Muralitharan 86 (115b 2x4 0x6) SR: 74.78

SR of < 75 which means negative points on fantasy league :colone:
Reply 2101
Original post by Straight up G
I think they've toned down the spot-fixing after the recent exposé and I think that apart from the Akmals, the team seems clean.

toned down, doubt its stamped out completely though :sad:

I saw on geo a few days ago that they were bookies favourites
I bet you they have been approached by Dodgy people though
(edited 13 years ago)
I think they've toned down the spot-fixing after the recent exposé and I think that apart from the Akmals, the team seems clean.

Only Kamran surely?
Reply 2103
What was going on there with murali :sexface:
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Ah great.

IJL Trott c Jayawardene b Muralitharan 86 (115b 2x4 0x6) SR: 74.78

SR of < 75 which means negative points on fantasy league :colone:

:colone:

You don't have any Sri Lankans? :confused:
Original post by Inzamam99
Oh come on, the bowling was bad at the end but it wasn't terrible and it was more Ross Taylor's brilliance which led to the NZ charge at the end. I certainly hope Pakistan don't get into this BS again and anyway I doubt most of the team will be in on it.

Everyone hopes for that. Pakistan have thrown matches against India before, they stand to make the most money from throwing against India than any other team. I hope it doesn't happen but I'm bracing myself for a loss. I really, really, really hope that the likes of Younus, Gul, Misbah, and Afridi, the genuine seniors, don't let anything like this happen. Impose curfews, send spies on every player, tap phones, whatever is required.
Original post by haleem
toned down, doubt its stamped out completely though :sad:

I saw on geo a few days ago that they were bookies favourites
I bet you they have been approached by Dodgy people though

I have a good feeling that spot-fixing is gone, for some reason. We are conceding hardly any extras, and though there is the possibility of irregular batting, the batsmen barring Kamran and maybe Umar seem genuine.

Everthing I said in my reply to Inzy stands here.
Everyone hopes for that. Pakistan have thrown matches against India before, they stand to make the most money from throwing against India than any other team. I hope it doesn't happen but I'm bracing myself for a loss. I really, really, really hope that the likes of Younus, Gul, Misbah, and Afridi, the genuine seniors, don't let anything like this happen. Impose curfews, send spies on every player, tap phones, whatever is required.

Definitely the players you mentioned in particular I can't imagine being involved in anything dodgy...

It'll genuinely break my heart if they start fixing again- Kamran hopefully will soon be dropped. I sincerely hope that what you say about curfews and tapping phones etc. is done.
Only Kamran surely?

I don't know the source myself, I have only heard his name and warnings about his nature. I can't give any more information, all I've said is all I know. It's pure speculation at the minute really, but again, I've seen where his office is and I know all the info of the surrounding streets.

If anyone else knows Lahore fairly well, then I could pm them more.
:colone:

You don't have any Sri Lankans? :confused:

Nope. :wink:

Personally, it was too close to call between England and Sri Lanka and I had no idea who would perform. I didn't want to be in the same position as I was yesterday. I picked 3 South Africans, as I was confident they would win. But noooo, and now I have to waste useful transfers. :colone:
Definitely the players you mentioned in particular I can't imagine being involved in anything dodgy...

It'll genuinely break my heart if they start fixing again- Kamran hopefully will soon be dropped. I sincerely hope that what you say about curfews and tapping phones etc. is done.

Kamran just epitomises dickhead. He's never done anything good for Pakistan as a player and now he's always discussed when any corruption is mentioned. Kamran is from Lahore as well, so there is a good chance he could be involved. Butt, Farhat are both Lahoris. I've got a bad feeling Farhat has been involved. He never did anything good either.
Defendable score, in my opinion. But I'd back Sri Lanka to get it.
Original post by Tucking Fypo
Defendable score, in my opinion. But I'd back Sri Lanka to get it.

Not for England's bowling attack. Swann will be a nightmare, but they have little in the way of fast-bowlers.
Reply 2113
Hmm, solid enough from the batsmen. Trott was great, as was Morgan who did exactly what we need him to do, and Bopara and Prior both scored useful supporting runs. An above average total on this ground, i'd probably put it about par (for a batting unit) in the context of the match but I still think it's 20 runs short of what our bowlers can defend.

Need to get Swann on early because wickets are vital, if we're gonna win their middle order needs to be exposed as quickly as possible.
Original post by Louis.
Hmm, solid enough from the batsmen. Trott was great, as was Morgan who did exactly what we need him to do, and Bopara and Prior both scored useful supporting runs. An above average total on this ground, i'd probably put it about par (for a batting unit) in the context of the match but I still think it's 20 runs short of what our bowlers can defend.

Need to get Swann on early because wickets are vital, if we're gonna win their middle order needs to be exposed as quickly as possible.

Totally agree. And with the second part as well. You need Dilshan/Kumar/Mahela out of the way so the you can attack the weak underbelly. Tredwell should open the bowling and Swann should be brought on after 8/9 if they are 0 or 1 down.
England will win. With a slow pitch like that it will be impossible playing under the lights.
Reply 2116
Not for England's bowling attack. Swann will be a nightmare, but they have little in the way of fast-bowlers.

watching farhat made me want to slash my wrists :indiff:

Think his father in law or some other relative was part of the selection panel :holmes: :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2117
Come on England!!! Sri Lanka will get of to a flyer, but will collapse. I'm expecting swann to get sone wickets

If Sri Lanka attack the new bowl, I think they'll cruise to victory. England's bowling has many similarities with the Aussies, in my eyes. Seamers will have to be disciplined otherwise they'll go for runs. Swann's the only one I can see causing the batsman problems, but they're used to the conditions and most can play spin pretty well.
Original post by haleem
watching farhat made me want to slash my wrists :indiff:

Think his father in law or some other relative was part of the selection panel :holmes: :colonhash:

Yes, his father in law Muhammad Ilyas was in the selection panel. Similar situation to Faisal Iqbal, the nephew of Javed Miandad.

Latest