The Student Room Group

If a 20 year old guy can't drive do you think that is weird?

If there is a 20 year old guy and he cannot drive yet do you think that is weird and childish?

Scroll to see replies

No.

I'm nearly 21 and haven't had a lesson yet - mainly because of a lack of time and money.
Reply 2
Nope.
Reply 3
only if you offer to give your friends a lift.
Learning to drive is expensive, so it's not an issue tbh. It's a luxury more than an expectation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
not at all :smile: I know loads who can't
Reply 6
The only people bothered by twenty year old men not driving are gold-digging bitchez.
No. Just think of all the people who live in London or New York, places like that. A lot of people there don't drive and instead just rely on public transport and then hire a car when they visit family or what not. My cousin lives in W.Yorks, she only passed her driving test some time last yr and she's in her early 30's and to me that's not wierd. A lot of people who live in cities don't drive, it's only mostly people who live in the countryside where the public transport isn't as great that they need a car.

Plus what with the price of fuel and insurance I'm not surprised that some people can't afford to drive anymore!
(edited 13 years ago)
nope....

I'll probably be older before I even consider getting a full license as I won't have the time or money to do so....
Reply 9
Depends where they live; if it's the middle of a town then no, but if it's somewhere like a suburb or the countryside where they'd have to rely on lifts from parents, friends and the bus then I'd feel a bit sorry for them. Wouldn't call it 'weird' because I know how expensive cars are and that some aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford it.
Reply 10
It's not weird at all, but can I ask why you haven't taken lessons or as such?
people who drive cars are environmental terrorists
lol I'm miles older than that and I've never had any interest in driving
Reply 13
If he lived in an area with lots of public transport i wouldnt think it was weird but if he lived somewhere like me, where you need to drive everywhere (i really couldt cope without my car) i'd think it was a bit weird
Reply 14
No, loads of my friends can't drive and they're 21/22. I didn't pass my test until I was 21 and my mum is a driving instructor!
Pretty much, I'm in my last year of sixth form and some 60% or so have a liscence and maybe a further 25% still learning.
Weird and childish? Are you serious?
I'm 22, and I don't... I'm finding more and more people who don't, too.
Reply 18
Gotta learn sooner or later... :colondollar:
Reply 19
No it isnt weird at all, especially if said person lives in a city with many alternative modes of transport.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending