The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by Straight up G
Yes, his father in law Muhammad Ilyas was in the selection panel. Similar situation to Faisal Iqbal, the nephew of Javed Miandad.

Adnan akmal..

F.alam..

:colonhash:
Original post by FrozenBeak
England will win. With a slow pitch like that it will be impossible playing under the lights.

this
Kamran just epitomises dickhead. He's never done anything good for Pakistan as a player and now he's always discussed when any corruption is mentioned. Kamran is from Lahore as well, so there is a good chance he could be involved. Butt, Farhat are both Lahoris. I've got a bad feeling Farhat has been involved. He never did anything good either.

Indeed I definitely agree with Farhat- always looked dodgy but except Kamran I can only see Wahab and maybe Umar being involved tbh.
Original post by Tucking Fypo
If Sri Lanka attack the new bowl, I think they'll cruise to victory. England's bowling has many similarities with the Aussies, in my eyes. Seamers will have to be disciplined otherwise they'll go for runs. Swann's the only one I can see causing the batsman problems, but they're used to the conditions and most can play spin pretty well.

Well, I disagree. Australia base their attack around pace, but with Shahzad/Broad gone and Anderson not playing, as well as it being a slow pitch, England will have to count on Swann and Tredwell today. Swann has played well at them before, and as mentioned in this thread, once you get past their top4, they are very weak.
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Nope. :wink:

Personally, it was too close to call between England and Sri Lanka and I had no idea who would perform. I didn't want to be in the same position as I was yesterday. I picked 3 South Africans, as I was confident they would win. But noooo, and now I have to waste useful transfers. :colone:

Same completely ruined my plans when SA lost :colonhash:
Original post by Inzamam99
Indeed I definitely agree with Farhat- always looked dodgy but except Kamran I can only see Wahab and maybe Umar being involved tbh.

Wahab looks alright to me, but yes, if I had to pick one guy after the Akmals it would probably be him. Maybe Asad because he's young, susceptible and probably a bit naive.
Reply 2126

Weren't they investigating Wahab too during the test series with england
Original post by haleem
Weren't they investigating Wahab too during the test series with england

Yeah they were.
Wahab looks alright to me, but yes, if I had to pick one guy after the Akmals it would probably be him. Maybe Asad because he's young, susceptible and probably a bit naive.

Hmm.. we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
Reply 2129
Bob Willis pisses me off :colonhash:
Reply 2130
Yeah they were.

hope akhtar plays against India :woo:
Reply 2131
Original post by FrozenBeak
this

You can't say "this" to your own post you absolute fag
Come on england!
Original post by haleem
hope akhtar plays against India :woo:

Yeah same- better bowler and deserves it as well.
Original post by haleem
Bob Willis pisses me off :colonhash:

I've met him- man put me to sleep with his droning voice.
Original post by Tucking Fypo
If Sri Lanka attack the new bowl, I think they'll cruise to victory. England's bowling has many similarities with the Aussies, in my eyes. Seamers will have to be disciplined otherwise they'll go for runs. Swann's the only one I can see causing the batsman problems, but they're used to the conditions and most can play spin pretty well.

AnalyseitLAD
Reply 2136
Don't know how Dilshan is still there :colonhash:

Not promising so far. Getting battered all over the place :sigh:
Game slipping away from England with every over so far...
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Game slipping away from England with every over so far...

:facepalm2:

It's going to be a brown cup. :thumbsup:
Interesting- Indian bookies say Pakistan are favourites:

http://team-afridi.blogspot.com/2011/03/indian-bookies-make-pakistan-favourites.html

Latest