The Student Room Group

And another: please help, what shall I do post?

I am doing a degree in Combined Honours in Arts (History, History of Art and French) at the University of Durham.

I am really interested in International development and affairs, with an enormous interest in Russia and her literature and history.

I am founder and president of the Durham Branch of Women for Women international, an international NGO that helps women in war torn countries world wide. With this I have directed a play, organised events and fundraised.

I write for the student paper, of which I was sports editor last year and this year I am creative editor for another student magazine. I am hoping to apply for travel or food editor for my third year.

I adore cooking, I keep a food blog and I create my own recipes.

I love writing and especially writing childrens stories of which I have a store on my laptop.

I am an events scholar for Team Durham so I organsie events including one involving the England cricket team.

I volunteer regularly with various organisations.

I want to live and work abroad-I have considered the foreign office.

I am probably predicted a high 2:1 though this COULD be pushed to a very crappy first if I tried but lets stick to a 2:1 for now.

I have looked at grad school but I would only consider that if it was an excuse to move to the US and thus experience a different way of life.

PLease, does anybody have any ideas what I could do with my life?!! Any grad schemes that anybody knows about? All are appreciated xxx
Reply 1
get married
Reply 2
Do whatever you want, you've got so many achievements to boast about.

There's so much there that you could put on a CV that if you want a boring office job, consider it yours, if you want to volunteer with a non-profit organisation, you can.
If you get a first, there will be even more doors open to you.

I'm going to study geology at uni and then move to Australia once finished, because I'm really greedy and Australia needs geologists (it's on their immigration list of desperately needed jobs).
Perhaps you could chase down a city job or choose from a plethora of managerial positions if you, like me, want to get rich.

Maybe you could go the easy route and teach something?

I know that I just listed a load of (probably) boring things just then, but if you were struggling for ideas, I hope I helped in some way.
Reply 3
Original post by Samrout
get married

I'd rather not, already living with partner... and I'd prefer a slightly better grad scheme :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by fibrebiz
Do whatever you want, you've got so many achievements to boast about.

There's so much there that you could put on a CV that if you want a boring office job, consider it yours, if you want to volunteer with a non-profit organisation, you can.
If you get a first, there will be even more doors open to you.

I'm going to study geology at uni and then move to Australia once finished, because I'm really greedy and Australia needs geologists (it's on their immigration list of desperately needed jobs).
Perhaps you could chase down a city job or choose from a plethora of managerial positions if you, like me, want to get rich.

Maybe you could go the easy route and teach something?

I know that I just listed a load of (probably) boring things just then, but if you were struggling for ideas, I hope I helped in some way.

I'm really not trying to boast. It's just on these forums that if you say: I really want to work in an international organisation and mention that I am studying for a degree in history, about 20 people will go 'BUT YOU DONT HAVE ANY INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE MWAAHH' so I just thought I'd save the effort and replicate what I genuinely have.

I wish I had more ideas, thats what i really lack :s

But thanks for the advice! And good luck with your job down under. Money really isn't important to me, job satisfaction is. You're lucky you get both!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending