2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by fruitfan
how come 2 years ?

grad entry
Reply 81
Original post by Cheddar
Yeah, I'm quite determined so hopefully it won't affect me too much. Now I just have to make sure I get the grades, then anything is possible.

It's actually quite nice to talk to people in the same situation, a welcome break from my friends' constant uni chat.

Yep - getting the grades is the most important. Then aim to do really well in the UKCAT, and we'll be able to apply anywhere! But obviously, we'll make sure we go for places most likely to take us :smile: And all us reapps will stick together!

You made any plans for next year yet?
Original post by dmz
grad entry

You're defo going grad then Delilah? :h:
I want to reapply, but I'm just worried because my GCSEs are 1A* 9A's 1B, but I still got two interviews this year was rejected post-interview. But, I'm worried because now this year I think there will be more competition.

Do you guys still think I should take the gap year? Or will my GCSEs not suffice this year?
Reply 84
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
You're defo going grad then Delilah? :h:

:yep: new plan, i'll be a yr behind you :tongue:
Reply 85
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
I want to reapply, but I'm just worried because my GCSEs are 1A* 9A's 1B, but I still got two interviews this year was rejected post-interview. But, I'm worried because now this year I think there will be more competition.

Do you guys still think I should take the gap year? Or will my GCSEs not suffice this year?

why do you think there will be more competition?
Original post by SteveCrain
why do you think there will be more competition?

I don't know tbh, since the competition has pretty much been increasing year by year, just thought that universities may become stricter with their minimum GCSE requirements. :s-smilie:

As long as you don't apply to GCSE mad schools you should be ok..

I had 9A 2B 1C at GCSE and managed it so you should be ok on that front :yep:

At this point I recommend finding out why you were rejected post and pre interview :h:
Original post by dmz
:yep: new plan, i'll be a yr behind you :tongue:

Woah.. good luck with grad entry.. that s***'s competitive! :crossedf:
Reply 88

If you were rejected post interview, then it means that the reason wasn't your GCSE's :smile: They usually (as far as i know) sort out all that stuff before interview, so only the people who pass academic stage etc get interviews.

Its not all to do with GCSE's anyway - I've had three pre-interview rejections, and I've got 7.5A*'s!
Reply 89

At this point I recommend finding out why you were rejected post and pre interview :h:

Woah.. good luck with grad entry.. that s***'s competitive! :crossedf:

so am i :colonhash: if it falls to pot I'm going to Malta. Working in a hospital for next 2/3yrs should give me some edge. Already about 2/3 uni who have preference for subjects I'm not doing,
Reply 90
Original post by garlicbreadman
:yucky:

We don't want no sexiness on here! :tongue: :sexface:

say what?! :eyebrow:

Original post by twelve
Well, I like sex, but I don't think I could volunteer to be the sex representative of a thread...

Anyone else prepared to volunteer?

liking sex is a good start :yep: another trait is to be partially damaged and to deprive yourself of sex (:ninja: ) to the point of frustration :tongue:...and still refuse no matter how many people beg you for it each day :lol:
Reply 91
Original post by dmz

liking sex is a good start :yep: another trait is to be partially damaged and to deprive yourself of sex (:ninja: ) to the point of frustration :tongue:...and still refuse no matter how many people beg you for it each day :lol:

I'm not sure I like the sound of that...

Is it a requirement?:K:
Reply 92
Original post by twelve
Yep - getting the grades is the most important. Then aim to do really well in the UKCAT, and we'll be able to apply anywhere! But obviously, we'll make sure we go for places most likely to take us :smile: And all us reapps will stick together!

You made any plans for next year yet?

Nope, I've started looking at HCA jobs but I'm not even 18 yet so I can't apply. What about you?
Reply 93
Original post by twelve
I'm not sure I like the sound of that...

Is it a requirement?:K:

Haha no, just be full on horny. :laugh:

was testing if you truly loved sex or not :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by Cheddar
Nope, I've started looking at HCA jobs but I'm not even 18 yet so I can't apply. What about you?

Same - I can apply, but can't find anything that isn't an hour and a half away! I'm willing to commute a bit, but an hour and a half is too much really, especially if I might end up on night shifts or something. I'm not entirely sure how shifts might work...

I can't make any definate plans until I hear from Bristol, so its almost worse because of that. I'm a bit stuck at the moment, just waiting to hear, and expecting a rejection :/

Original post by dmz
Haha no, just be full on horny. :laugh:

was testing if you truly loved sex or not :ninja:

Ahh, excellent. I'm a true reapplicant then :biggrin:
Reply 95
I guess I should subscribe to this thread. It's nice to get some support from other people who are going through the same thing!

Does anyone know if there are any medical schools which don't accept reapplicants on the A100 course?
Reply 96
Original post by kibbles
I guess I should subscribe to this thread. It's nice to get some support from other people who are going through the same thing!

Does anyone know if there are any medical schools which don't accept reapplicants on the A100 course?

I know there are places which don't accept you if you've already applied there and failed to get in - Birmingham for example. If you had an interview there, then they won't accept you as a reapplicant, but if you didn't then they might do.

I don't know of any that don't accept reapplicants for the course in general though :smile:
Original post by twelve
If you were rejected post interview, then it means that the reason wasn't your GCSE's :smile: They usually (as far as i know) sort out all that stuff before interview, so only the people who pass academic stage etc get interviews.

Its not all to do with GCSE's anyway - I've had three pre-interview rejections, and I've got 7.5A*'s!

Ahh okay, thanks :smile: How comes you got rejected from all your choices? from your A*s at GCSE, seems like you must've had an impressive profile? :wink: xx

Ahh okay, thank you :smile: Do you think I should apply to Imperial though with my GCSE's? because they're mostly concerned with your BMAT score to offer you an interview, right? Anyways, making university choices is far away yet, need to well in exams to even be eligible for reapplying. :tongue: Well, I got feedback from St.Georges why I got rejected post-interview, but they just gave general comments due to their interviewing style [the MMI] and now need to get feedback from Liverpool.

And congrats on your offer! :biggrin:

Edit: Just looked at your 2010 and 2011 profile. Just curious, why did you get rejected from Hull/Sheffield/Keele in the 2011 cycle? I mean what feedback did you get for those? was it your GCSE's? Sorry, if you think I'm being nosy! :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99
Ahh okay, thanks :smile: How comes you got rejected from all your choices? from your A*s at GCSE, seems like you must've had an impressive profile? :wink: xx

Haha, well Birmingham it was my GCSE's, Sheffield was UKCAT, and Leeds have yet to get back to me about my application. I still have to hear from Bristol, but considering the competition for places there, I don't really think I have a chance. Even if I do et an interview, it'll be my first, so I think its unlikely to go well :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending