The Student Room Group

liverpool or nottingham?

i've got offers from both of these places to study english next year, but im really unsure which to pick! both are aab, but liverpool includes general studies.

anyone got any good/ bad points about either, i quite liked both when i visited

thanks!
Reply 1
I think Nottinghams the more prestigious
Reply 2
Liverpool is a much more fun city. Nottingham less so.

What do you intend to do after your degree?
Reply 3
Original post by Theconomist
Liverpool is a much more fun city. Nottingham less so.

What do you intend to do after your degree?

im not actually sure at the moment, maybe do a law conversion course but really dont know :frown:

what about liverpool is more fun do you think?
Reply 4
Original post by bubbaa
im not actually sure at the moment, maybe do a law conversion course but really dont know :frown:

what about liverpool is more fun do you think?

Why even go to university then?
If you have no concrete plan you've gotta know that an english degree is not worth the paper its printed in.
Think before you go waste 3 years.
Nottingham is a more prestigious university, and will be an advantage if you intend to go into law afterwards.
Reply 6
Why even go to university then?
If you have no concrete plan you've gotta know that an english degree is not worth the paper its printed in.
Think before you go waste 3 years.

She loves english so it isn't a waste and I'm sure at least 50% of people don't know what they are going to do after university. 3 years is a long time, she could make up her mind by then just like others who are so sure of what they want to do after uni can too.

It's not a waste at all.

Back on topic: Have you visited either of them?Maybe that is something to consider if you haven't. Both have got good reputations, so maybe look at things like modules, which city you'd prefer to live in, costs etc...
Reply 7
Original post by tillytots
She loves english so it isn't a waste and I'm sure at least 50% of people don't know what they are going to do after university. 3 years is a long time, she could make up her mind by then just like others who are so sure of what they want to do after uni can too.

It's not a waste at all.

Back on topic: Have you visited either of them?Maybe that is something to consider if you haven't. Both have got good reputations, so maybe look at things like modules, which city you'd prefer to live in, costs etc...

So how about she knows what she wants BEFORE she is in debt with a degree she might not even need.
But looking at your UCAS info... meeh expected.
Reply 8
a degree in English = teaching
Reply 9
So how about she knows what she wants BEFORE she is in debt with a degree she might not even need.
But looking at your UCAS info... meeh expected.

I wasnt really asking for an evaluation of my degree choice, i was more interested in the cities/ unis in general.

I know that i want to do english and that there are options that i'd be interested in afterwards, such as journalism, writing, law, teaching etcetc. i'm not about to get myself in even more debt waiting another year just in case i change my mind to something youd consider more useful! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by tillytots

It's not a waste at all.

Thankyou! Its not like im the only one who isnt certain what they want to do!

Yeah i've visited both of them and it hasnt made the decision any easier at all :frown: maybe thats just me being indecisive though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending