The Student Room Group

Help, in love with Penfriend!!

Hi all.

I have been talking to a pen friend I have in France for the past several months, and I am in love with her. I think she loves me as well, but I am not sure. We always chat on the internet and we have exchanged photos but I have never seen her in real life.

Yesterday I told her that I would want to come to France this summer for a holiday and see her. She eagerly accepted but the trouble is that we both are around 17yo and so neither of us have driving licences or anything. :s-smilie:

She lives somewhere in the middle of France, and I live in Avon UK. I told her that we could meet up somewhere closer to the middle, like Calais or Paris, where I could manage to go to.

She said that she would have difficulty in doing this as her parents wouldn't let her spend that much money. We share sooo much in common and I really want to see her and spend time with her... :frown:

What should I do :confused:

Also, would it be too awkward if I offered to her that my parents could pay for the hotel for us?

Please help!

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

What happens if you spend a week together and become really close then have to go back home, surely it would get expensive travelling to France to see someone every couple of months if they're not allowed to spend money meeting halfway?
Reply 2
Dreadful idea.
how can you be in love with her?... seriously, women in Britain these days are so ugly
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by air-ninety-one
how can you be in love with him?... seriously, women in Britain these days. all of you are pathetic

Op's a guy...presumably...
What if you get over and have nothing to talk about in person? Awkward!
Original post by rylit91
Op's a guy...presumably...

correctedd
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all.

I have been talking to a pen friend I have in France for the past several months, and I am in love with her. I think she loves me as well, but I am not sure. We always chat on the internet and we have exchanged photos but I have never seen her in real life.

Yesterday I told her that I would want to come to France this summer for a holiday and see her. She eagerly accepted but the trouble is that we both are around 17yo and so neither of us have driving licences or anything. :s-smilie:

She lives somewhere in the middle of France, and I live in Avon UK. I told her that we could meet up somewhere closer to the middle, like Calais or Paris, where I could manage to go to.

She said that she would have difficulty in doing this as her parents wouldn't let her spend that much money. We share sooo much in common and I really want to see her and spend time with her... :frown:

What should I do :confused:

Also, would it be too awkward if I offered to her that my parents could pay for the hotel for us?

Please help!

Thanks.

I like your style. Tell her you cannot go all the way to hers, so get her to meet you in Paris - the city of love. Then stay in a hotel room with her, but because your parents are paying you didn't want to take the piss, so just asked for a 1 bed room. But in all honesty, she's probably a he.
LOl watch eurotrip
That's beautiful, I hope it works out for you.
Reply 10
how can you be in love with her?... seriously, women in Britain these days are so ugly

Are you serious? I am a male, and she is a FRENCH female. (Not English, so your quote about British women being ugly is invalid.)

Original post by Tyler.
I like your style. Tell her you cannot go all the way to hers, so get her to meet you in Paris - the city of love. Then stay in a hotel room with her, but because your parents are paying you didn't want to take the piss, so just asked for a 1 bed room. But in all honesty, she's probably a he.

Thanks for the advice so much, I might think of doing what you said.. :smile: I am sure she is a she lol, I have seen many photos with her and I have talked face to face online so how can she be a male? (Anyway + rep for your good answer.)

Original post by PendulumBoB
That's beautiful, I hope it works out for you.

Cheers :smile: (Also +rep)

:biggrin: You are an absolute idiot. The OP is a male in love with a female. And the female is French, so your post is absolute rubbish lol

Anyway good luck with her. Get her to a hotel and then bang her brains out :cool:
I refuse to believe you can fall in love without meeting someone.

It just doesn't happen.
Original post by SuperiorHuman
:biggrin: You are an absolute idiot. The OP is a male in love with a female. And the female is French, so your post is absolute rubbish lol

Anyway good luck with her. Get her to a hotel and then bang her brains out :cool:

Sounds violent :cool:
Original post by imperial maniac
Sounds violent :cool:

I don't really mean it lol :wink: I just want the OP to get it on with the girl. :sexface:

It just doesn't happen.

agreeeee. If you 'love' someone, you've taken practically everything about them into account. Its easy for a person to unintentionally hide their ugly parts if youve never met.
Reply 16
Jesus Christ, I shouldn't take her to Calais...
Reply 17
That's sweet. :h: But you're not in love with her. If you want to meet her, at least get her to meet you in the nearest city to where she lives, don't go wandering off into the middle of nowhere just to see her.
Reply 18

It just doesn't happen.

Yeah... Be careful OP, you might meet up and decide that she's not that great afterall (or vice versa). It's very easy to fabricate a whole romantic idea of what this girl is like, and tailor her in your mind to exactly what you have been looking for and more, but you can't honestly say you're in love until you actually know her in person.

(Even so, it's a nice idea and I do hope that it works out for you :smile:)
Reply 19
Original post by posietoes
Yeah... Be careful OP, you might meet up and decide that she's not that great afterall (or vice versa). It's very easy to fabricate a whole romantic idea of what this girl is like, and tailor her in your mind to exactly what you have been looking for and more, but you can't honestly say you're in love until you actually know her in person.

(Even so, it's a nice idea and I do hope that it works out for you :smile:)

Yes, you are quite right, thanks for posting. But one question guys... Would it be awkward or going too far if we stayed in the same hotel room the same night? I assume we would be sleeping in separate beds? Or not??

Please help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending