The Student Room Group

Is it ok to wear a Superdray hooded shirt on a night out clubbing or ......

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Retrodiction
Not really. Homosexuality is the psychological condition of feeling sexual and emotional attraction to members of the same sex. I'm pretty sure that this garment doesn't have the magical ability to alter the wearer's ingrained sense of attraction.

It might alter others opinion of the wearers attraction though
Original post by scistudent
It might alter others opinion of the wearers attraction though

So that would make it a people-might-think-you're-a-homo hoodie, rather than just a homo hoodie.
Reply 22
So that would make it a people-might-think-you're-a-homo hoodie, rather than just a homo hoodie.

or that by wearing a homo looking hoodie the wearer is a homo
or that by wearing a homo looking hoodie the wearer is a homo

May I direct you to my first comment on this thread. A garment does not have the magical ability to alter the wearer's ingrained sense of attraction.
Reply 24
May I direct you to my first comment on this thread. A garment does not have the magical ability to alter the wearer's ingrained sense of attraction.

Indeed a point that is accepted, however, a garment may alter other peoples impressions and opinions of the wearer of the garment, for example if I came across a bloke in gold hot pants I would think that he bats for the other side, so to speak
Indeed a point that is accepted, however, a garment may alter other peoples impressions and opinions of the wearer of the garment, for example if I came across a bloke in gold hot pants I would think that bats for the other side, so to speak

I'm not disputing that opinions may be changed. However, you suggest that "by wearing a homo looking hoodie the wearer is a homo" - this is simply not true, since the garment doesn't have such magical powers over sexuality.
Reply 26
I'm not disputing that opinions may be changed. However, you suggest that "by wearing a homo looking hoodie the wearer is a homo" - this is simply not true, since the garment doesn't have such magical powers over sexuality.

I believe you are mistaken here as all i said in my original post was: It might alter others opinion of the wearers attraction though
this comment "by wearing a homo looking hoodie the wearer is a homo" was stated with respect to how others may view the individual
(edited 13 years ago)
I believe you are mistaken here as all i said in my original post was: It might alter others opinion of the wearers attraction though

Post 26.
Reply 28
Post 26.

re: post 30, edited before your post was submitted
Reply 29
the lumberjack one is nice... but strictly daytime wear only. it's too casual and too warm-looking for a night out.

just stick with the classic smart tee/shirt thing for nights out. buy the lumberjack one anyway though, tis nice!
Reply 30
Just donate it to charity instead, someone's bound to buy it.
Original post by rugbyladosc
I think you're generalizing and labeling a proportionality high percentage of people 'chavs'

Real chavs only wear Nike tracksuits and Burberry but yeah there are some ***** who walk around in Superdry thinking they're solid.

If you would really choose not to wear a brand of clothing just because you saw some 'chavs' sporting it you are really shallow, pathetic, ignorant and naïve. Don't let the clothes you wear define you.

no, you've sort of misinterpreted what I said. I don't wear superdry brand because I see a group of 20 teenagers around the bus depot and about 10 are wearing superdry jackets. I think, 'thats stupid looking' therefore don't really like the jacket because I think it looks stupid. I'll admit the black one isn't bad, however about 70% of 15-21yr olds in my town own one, so they're as rare as a white van on a building site.

The rest of it e.g. the hooded shirts such as those in question, I don't like. A shirt has absolutely no purpose for a hood. I'd be suprised if the majority of clubs (decent ones) even lets hooded shirts in.

And no, I don't chose not to buy something because a few chavs have it. I brought a Henleys hoodie which are quite popular with the chavs in my town. But I'll agree on your definition of a chav, it just I live in a rural town where superdry etc is popular for chavs.

Go to belfast however and the superdry chav is a rarity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending