The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Downloaded the Disappearance of Haruhi yesterday; I've been trying to watch it for a few months but all the qualities have been terrible, and I finally got a really good HD one :3
Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC
Downloaded the Disappearance of Haruhi yesterday; I've been trying to watch it for a few months but all the qualities have been terrible, and I finally got a really good HD one :3

Oh, and did you like it? I've only seen the anime, but I heard Haruhi herself isn't even in the movie that much... Which is fine for me, I don't dislike her but... She's just not amazingly epic to me.
Mmm tentacles :sogood:

I'm up to date with all one piece episodes now :ninja: So I have to wait for 491.
Reply 83
whats up with ep 10 and 11 of wandering son?:hmmmm: rather than being shown in full theres a combination ep and the rest will be released in their entirety on dvd :beard:
Aiko
Regardless, the shounen-ai aspect is obviously there, however minimal or prevalent you consider it to be. One must bear in mind that there's a significant difference between BL and shounen-ai in that the latter need only imply relationships of a homoerotic nature.

Meh, I know the aspect is there, and in some episodes is the main focus, it's more the fact that people seem to refer to it as a yaoi/shonen-ai series and never seem to mention anything else that irritates me.

Original post by vin
whats up with ep 10 and 11 of wandering son?:hmmmm: rather than being shown in full theres a combination ep and the rest will be released in their entirety on dvd :beard:

Apparently it was always planned as a 12 episode series, but in order for them to fit it into the noitaminA timeslot (and give the BD/DVDs a selling point) without having to rush the final epsiode, they merged 10 and 11. :yes:
Reply 85
Original post by AngryJellyfish

Meh, I know the aspect is there, and in some episodes is the main focus, it's more the fact that people seem to refer to it as a yaoi/shonen-ai series and never seem to mention anything else that irritates me.

Apparently it was always planned as a 12 episode series, but in order for them to fit it into the noitaminA timeslot (and give the BD/DVDs a selling point) without having to rush the final epsiode, they merged 10 and 11. :yes:

:unimpressed: how long will we have to wait for the real episodes :frown:
Original post by vin
:unimpressed: how long will we have to wait for the real episodes :frown:

Episode 10 is released in August, 11 in September. :s:
Reply 87
Original post by Aiko

Yeah, it's a good series and I agree that the animation style, particularly the character design, was original and appealing. Given that White Fox's previous effort was Tears to Tiara, I wasn't sure whether they could adapt Take's character design as well as they did. I also really liked the BGM as well, one of the best I've heard from last year. One to marathon in the future. :yes:

Yup Yup! I also like the fact that each episode is 50 mins long. Makes me satisfied with watching just one episode a day, rather than other series where I feel the need to carry on wacthing and end up marathoning 10 eps :colondollar:
Reply 88

Episode 10 is released in August, 11 in September. :s:

...ok Ill watch this one then :erm:
Reply 89
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Really? So it's likely I'll be disappointed with the ending? Ah well... It's easily quite hilarious though and so easy to watch.

Well, the last episode was terribly rushed and the romances left unresolved, but aside from that, it wasn't awful, by any stretch. As you say, in comparison with the rest of the series, it's a small price to pay. :smile:

Oh, absolutely. Comparatively speaking, the shounen-ai aspect was just that, an aspect. That aside, it was a nicely written drama with good characterisation (a must for a series like this) and the added mystique was appreciated.

Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
Mmm tentacles :sogood:

I'm up to date with all one piece episodes now :ninja: So I have to wait for 491.

Aha, you've finally joined the club of those of us who have to patiently wait each week for the next episode. The pacing will become all the more noticeable, I assure you. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by bill-e
Yup Yup! I also like the fact that each episode is 50 mins long. Makes me satisfied with watching just one episode a day, rather than other series where I feel the need to carry on wacthing and end up marathoning 10 eps :colondollar:

Yeah, the episode was longer to compensate airing once a month, as opposed to weekly, and I felt it worked really well. I can imagine one episode a day would as well. :biggrin:
I'm just under 100 episodes behind on One Piece now (395), but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if I was watching it weekly. I'll watch up to the most recent finished arc, then leave it for a while. :yes:
Reply 91
Randomly decided to pick up Quiz Magic Academy. :giggle:
Original post by Aiko

Aha, you've finally joined the club of those of us who have to patiently wait each week for the next episode. The pacing will become all the more noticeable, I assure you. :tongue:

Spoiler

:yep:

Spoiler

I sympathise with the way Luffy feels towards Boa Hancock. :giggle:

And the Skypiea and Enies Lobby arcs are still my favourites, more or less.

I'm also reading the Bleach manga >_>
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Liquidus Zeromus
:yep:

Spoiler

I sympathise with the way Luffy feels towards Boa Hancock. :giggle:

And the Skypiea and Enies Lobby arcs are still my favourites, more or less.

I'm also reading the Bleach manga >_>

Indeed, One Piece is arguably the only long-running series that has managed to maintain its momentum for this long and equally hasn't shown any sign of decline, quite the contrary. It's difficult for me to select a favourite arc, partly because I enjoyed all of them but mainly because it's been so long. Nonetheless, in no particular order, Arlong (for nostalgia), Arabasta, Enies Lobby and Water 7 were especially memorable, and more recently Marineford. Now that we're entering a new arc, hopefully with minimal filler, I'm interested to see how everything will transpire.

Spoiler

Reply 94
The only good thing to come out of Quiz Magic Academy was hearing Norio Wakamoto voice a bird. It sort of reminded me of Gakuen Alice as well.
Reply 95

Original post by Aiko
The only good thing to come out of Quiz Magic Academy was hearing Norio Wakamoto voice a bird. It sort of reminded me of Gakuen Alice as well.

wow that good huh :lolwut:
Quite the eclectic list, ranging from the old and new and spanning multiple genres, which is great to see. Many of the anime that I rate highly such as Lain, GITS SAC and more recently Tatami Galaxy and House of Five Leaves are featured. I would definitely recommend watching Monster, based upon what you've liked. The pacing is a bit slow, given its length, but overall it's nothing short of excellent. To a lesser extent, Gungrave, FMA Brotherhood and Texhnolyze were all very good, in my opinion. Lastly, in terms of long-running mainstream shounen series, if you had to pick one, One Piece would be it, without a doubt. :smile:Monster sounded quite interesting, I just never got around to acquiring it. Texhnolyze definitely looks like my cup of tea - to be honest, I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the post. :P

What are your feelings regarding Code Geass? I'm assuming you've watched it simply because I get the impression you've watched everything on my list and much more. ^^
Reply 98
Original post by November 11
Monster sounded quite interesting, I just never got around to acquiring it. Texhnolyze definitely looks like my cup of tea - to be honest, I'm just waiting for it to arrive in the post. :P

Both have a foreboding dark atmosphere that's rivalled by not much else. If you liked Lain, you should like Texhnolyze (Abe is involved with both). :smile:

What are your feelings regarding Code Geass? I'm assuming you've watched it simply because I get the impression you've watched everything on my list and much more. ^^

I enjoyed Code Geass when it aired. It was rather typical of what you'd expect from Sunrise and particularly reminiscent I felt to Gundam Seed, even though the characters were a lot more charismatic (especially Lelouch, largely due to Fukuyama's stellar performance, who was the definite standout). The popularity it has received is perceivably unwarranted but not surprising given its budget (this is Sunrise, after all). So yeah, it was a decent series. However, the second season wasn't nearly as good and suffered greatly in terms of how the story transpired. It was just all over the place by the end, which is probably due to the internal conflicts that were happening at the time.

Edit:

Original post by vin
wow that good huh :lolwut:

The moment he appeared, everything became so much better. :giggle:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99
Hmm, episode 23 of Index 2 was disappointing, especially after the previous two. The arc was wrapped up in the first few minutes, quite literally, and then we jarringly transitioned back to Toma attending school like any other day, with his harem vying for his attention. The latter half became a bit more serious but didn't really amount to much with Accelerator liaising with some cocky boy in a suit. It didn't help that the animation took a nose dive as well. I suppose we're wrapping up for this season and preparing for the next one.

Latest

Trending

Trending