The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Will I be able to change courses from A&F to MORSE if I come to Warwick?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by sportycricketer
but it could be other factors coming into play. I never said that it would improve my chances, i just said I would prefer to go to UCL. Should've applied to MORSE if they were gonna give me that high of an offer. What are you studying? and any other data from other banks?

But you said:
"...UCL SEF beats MORSE in my opinion because of the links with the banking etc"

which sort of implies that Warwick isn't as good for banking, which is not true. Obv if you really want to be in London, etc, go for UCL.

Cba to look for other data, but I can tell you that all people I know that applied for Spring weeks at banks got at least one offer..
Original post by Focus08
But you said:
"...UCL SEF beats MORSE in my opinion because of the links with the banking etc"

which sort of implies that Warwick isn't as good for banking, which is not true. Obv if you really want to be in London, etc, go for UCL.

Cba to look for other data, but I can tell you that all people I know that applied for Spring weeks at banks got at least one offer..

will I be able to change courses from A&F to MMORSE if I decide on Warwick?
Original post by sportycricketer
will I be able to change courses from A&F to MMORSE if I decide on Warwick?

Yeah, I was going to get to that part. You might be able to change, no one can answer that question now, but theoretically it should be fine as long as you meet the requirements. But I would stick with A&F if banking is your ultimate goal. It's considerably easier, which will give you more time to spend on your applications. Uni matters more than course, so sticking to A&F will make your life a lot easier. But if you're passionate about maths/economics, MORSE is a really good course with more opportunities.
will warwick reply before thursday?
Reply 2165
is management at warwick any good?
I think its one of its flagship course right?

What kind of jobs do management people usually get after their graduation?

Original post by SAMIR.NASRI
will warwick reply before thursday?

I was saying to my Mum this week that they are running out of March! :giggle:

Ohhh I just want a reply now :frown: preferably a positive one!!
Original post by giggsny
is management at warwick any good?
I think its one of its flagship course right?

What kind of jobs do management people usually get after their graduation?

Flagship is maybe pushing it a bit too far (math, MORSE, PPE, Economics are considered flagship courses). But yeah, it's good, very good. Warwick is in the top 6 target group for investment banking, so many graduates go there. I've had a look at your other choices, and they are not nearly as good
Reply 2168
Original post by Focus08
Flagship is maybe pushing it a bit too far (math, MORSE, PPE, Economics are considered flagship courses). But yeah, it's good, very good. Warwick is in the top 6 target group for investment banking, so many graduates go there. I've had a look at your other choices, and they are not nearly as good

oh thanks for the reply :wink:

I will definitely go for warwick as my firm choice and then pick kings as my insurance :smile:
I'm still waiting to hear about Politics and IR.. anyone had offers/rejections? And of the offers, what grades have they asked for?
Reply 2170
Original post by redrosehannah
I'm still waiting to hear about Politics and IR.. anyone had offers/rejections? And of the offers, what grades have they asked for?

I'm waiting too :smile:
Reply 2171
Original post by redrosehannah

a ton of us are waiting for politics and international studies. only three people here have recieved rejections
Reply 2172
Just firmed my offer for law (LLB)
Original post by broadwayrachael
I was saying to my Mum this week that they are running out of March! :giggle:

Ohhh I just want a reply now :frown: preferably a positive one!!

I know, I absolutely can't believe how long they're taking! It's been EXACTLY 6 months since I applied lol and still no decision from Warwick.
Original post by saks10111
I know, I absolutely can't believe how long they're taking! It's been EXACTLY 6 months since I applied lol and still no decision from Warwick.

It'll be the same for me! I'm prepared to wait for them though :smile: if I wasn't, I wouldn't have waited this long!!
It'll be the same for me! I'm prepared to wait for them though :smile: if I wasn't, I wouldn't have waited this long!!

Warwick take your time why don't you!!!!!!!!! Do you mind me asking what your offer from Nottingham was? I've applied there too for American Studies! x
I have been waiting for economics for nearly six months
Reply 2177
I'm still waiting on French and History, is anyone else waiting on a reply from that course?
Original post by frozzylove
Warwick take your time why don't you!!!!!!!!! Do you mind me asking what your offer from Nottingham was? I've applied there too for American Studies! x

Of course not :smile: it was unconditional, because I left college last year and have taken a gap year - they didn't tell me what the grades would have been! I got A*s in Politics and Psychology (and General Studies :tongue:) and an A in History if that helps?
Of course not :smile: it was unconditional, because I left college last year and have taken a gap year - they didn't tell me what the grades would have been! I got A*s in Politics and Psychology (and General Studies :tongue:) and an A in History if that helps?

Ah okay yeah generally Nottingham win :smile: They offered me three B's, and I'm taking a gap year too! Just waiting on Warwick now ¬¬ Which one would you prefer?

Quick Reply

Latest