The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you think of men that 'take care' of themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What male plucks their eyebrows?

On a side note, you sound like a bellend.
Original post by MilkyC
What male plucks their eyebrows?

Well what guy wants an over-grown monobrow?
I think its ok, as long as they don't spend longer than me getting ready
Reply 103
Original post by tehFrance
Well what guy wants an over-grown monobrow?

Ok that fair enough. What about men without monobrows, whats their reason for plucking them?
Reply 104
What I'm doing right now is probably in the spirit of this thread so...
I've just shaved very carefully using my new razor, lather and brush
I smell like the man your man could smell like
I've put on a freshly ironed shirt and trousers, coat, tie, pocket square and brogues...

Guess where I'm going tonight?

That's right, Tesco.:cool:
Original post by LzLz
I'm getting Called a fag by a diehard star wars fan,things must be getting bad hahahaha. Brb visiting the death star.

Take your time. I've got to shave my armpits because my boyfriend likes that I look like an eight year old.
Original post by LzLz
I'm getting Called a fag by a diehard star wars fan,things must be getting bad hahahaha. Brb visiting the death star.

This just proves you're a dick head.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MilkyC
Ok that fair enough. What about men without monobrows, whats their reason for plucking them?

They won't be over-grown? at least that is my reason :smile:
And guys complain about the amount of time girls take to get ready...

Sigh.
Original post by rmanoj
What I'm doing right now is probably in the spirit of this thread so...
I've just shaved very carefully using my new razor, lather and brush
I smell like the man your man could smell like
I've put on a freshly ironed shirt and trousers, coat, tie, pocket square and brogues...

Guess where I'm going tonight?

That's right, Tesco.:cool:

aah this just made me lol

___

OP i would normally say the things you do may be a lil over the top, but after reading some of the thread and your replies and stuff, i think you've changed my opinions abit :smug:

:yy:

:lol:
Reply 110
Original post by blush.ox

___

OP i would normally say the things you do may be a lil over the top, but after reading some of the thread and your replies and stuff, i think you've changed my opinions abit :smug:

And they STILL ID'd me when I bought whisky. Probably shouldn't have shaved.
There is no link between men pampering themselves and their sexuality ha, it's the same thing with women.
Original post by rmanoj
And they STILL ID'd me when I bought whisky. Probably shouldn't have shaved.

:gasp: how dare they :hmmm:

true, you soo shouldnt have :sexface:

:ninja:
Turns me on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by LzLz
I'm only messing with you, I'm not a stereotypical dickhead :smile:

Normal eyebrows=ones that aren't plucked to hell, just the middle bit gone.

:h:

Thanks for the reassurance.

I didnt say you were one.
Reply 115
:gasp: how dare they :hmmm:

true, you soo shouldnt have :sexface:

:ninja:

Well... :colondollar:
No worries, I've hung up the blazer and put on a cashmere tank top instead. Now it's time to demonstrate my manliness and cook a steak. :cool:
Reply 116
Original post by LzLz
I'm only messing with you, I'm not a stereotypical dickhead :smile:

Normal eyebrows=ones that aren't plucked to hell, just the middle bit gone.

Yo, i am starting to develop abit of a pot belly due to eating too much takeaway and zero exercise (on PC and Xbox all day).

Any ideas on how to get rid of it without excercising?

Would turning vegan for a month help significantly?

Also you mentioned moisterise and exfoliate, what are they?
(edited 12 years ago)
The effort you put in is sexy.
I think it shows you're not lazy nor cocky (i.e you actually work to improve your appearance and not just walk out with your chin up thinking every girl wants a piece of you).
Reply 118
Original post by LzLz
I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

It's good to take care and maintain yourself. Everyone should do it. In my experience, most girls won't mind it and some even get amused by it.

I tend to take care of myself as I often work close to 100 hours per week and at all hours of the day due to the nature of my work which requires me to be in conversation with people all over the world.

Used to maintaining myself, my mother used to run a company that imported a certain brand of cosmetics and also ran a chain of beauty salons. Always had the chance to use various cosmetics.

I shower twice a day.
I don't pluck brows, prefer to use wax.
Rest of body, I go for a full wax job.
Face.... shave everyday.

Face maintenance :-
Wash 3x, once in the morning, when I return from work and before I sleep. I use a very good cleanser. Every 3rd day I use a scrub.
Before sleeping I use a toner and apply some eyecare serum.
Morning I use a moisturiser.

Body maintenance :-
Shower twice daily, morning is just a quick shower and then a normal body lotion.
Evening shower, use a body brush and exfoliate and apply a body moisturiser, in the colder months I apply it in the mornings as well.

It takes around 30 minutes to do everything.

I do use fairly good cosmetics, usually those by Dermalogica and La Mer.

Been doing it since I was 15, as a result most people tend to think I'm at least 10 years younger than I really am. In some places I still get asked for ID to buy alcohol or enter clubs. :tongue:
Reply 119
Original post by Dee Leigh
I think its ok, as long as they don't spend longer than me getting ready

i don't actually spend long getting ready, this is like over the course of the month.

___

Changed your opinions in what way? I'm actually so easy to get on with IRL :smile:

Original post by When will I know?
:h:

Thanks for the reassurance.

I didnt say you were one.

No but I came across as one.

Original post by 4ttari
Yo, i am starting to develop abit of a pot belly due to eating too much takeaway and zero exercise (on PC and Xbox all day).

Any ideas on how to get rid of it without excercising?

Would turning vegan for a month help significantly?

Also you mentioned moisterise and exfoliate, what are they?

I think you should just eat 3-4 meals a day, only protein/carbs/fats (natural fats such as nuts and oils). Be the best way really. If you get hungry, just snack on nuts instead of chocolate or crisps, you'll see the fat falling off of you mate.

Original post by ithoughtofthis
The effort you put in is sexy.
I think it shows you're not lazy nor cocky (i.e you actually work to improve your appearance and not just walk out with your chin up thinking every girl wants a piece of you).

Yeah it makes me happy to hear people say that as thats actually how it is haha! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest