The Student Room Group

How to tell him I'm on my period??

Scroll to see replies

Just tell him you're on your period, if he's a decent guy, he won't want to have sex with you while you're on your period, but he will when you tell him that' you're not on your period :smile:
Reply 21
tell him it would get messy

maybe next time
just tell him. Use the phrase time of the month if you must. If he can't deal with a womans normal bodily functions and can't wait he's not worth it

Why not do it on your period though? I understand not wanting to for the first couple of days when its heavy and a bit sore but it will have lightened off by then. Also, are you regular? Do you keep track. Maybe it would be worth marking it on the calendar so you know when you will and won't be able to do it.
Reply 23
'is that time of month mate, pack off!!!'
Make some sort of analogy using normal wagon-wheels and jammy wagon-wheels.
You could get that pill that delays your period- though might be tricky getting it now at such short notice.

I've come across this issue myself- its not easy is it?

Most guys are quite understanding about it though.
They inevitably all have a time at some point when they can't get an erection, and thats probably far more embarrassing for them to tell you about!
Reply 26
Don't tell him over text. Give him a bj when he comes round and then tell him that you can't have sex! That way he'll still be interested :wink:
Reply 27
Original post by Kabloomybuzz

Original post by Kabloomybuzz
just tell him. Use the phrase time of the month if you must. If he can't deal with a womans normal bodily functions and can't wait he's not worth it

Why not do it on your period though? I understand not wanting to for the first couple of days when its heavy and a bit sore but it will have lightened off by then. Also, are you regular? Do you keep track. Maybe it would be worth marking it on the calendar so you know when you will and won't be able to do it.

I'm reeeeally irregular which is even more annoying! I know some girls don't mind having sex on their period which is fine, but I just personally feel really icky and not at all sexy when I'm on. Definitely wouldn't want to be on during my first time with him too...

Original post by Elissabeth
You could get that pill that delays your period- though might be tricky getting it now at such short notice.

I've come across this issue myself- its not easy is it?

Most guys are quite understanding about it though.
They inevitably all have a time at some point when they can't get an erection, and thats probably far more embarrassing for them to tell you about!

I was thinking about that pill, but I think it has to be at least a week in advance? But you're right, it's really tricky!

I know everyone is saying just tell him, and I've never been embarrassed to in the past with previous boyfriends, but the situation with this guy is different. Wouldn't you guys find it weird if you got a text two days in advance going "Hey by the way I can't have sex with you on monday because I'll be on". It's just too blunt!
Reply 28
Im gushing blood and im in a mood
'It's my time of the month'.

You could still do stuff to him?
Reply 30
Original post by SillyRodent
Make some sort of analogy using normal wagon-wheels and jammy wagon-wheels.

Nice sig!
Original post by rossg
Nice sig!

Haha. Slightly keen on Thom Yorke are we?
How about something along the lines of: I'm really looking forward to Monday, but frustratingly it might not be as much fun as we'd hoped :frown: It's just that it's not a great time for me right now (if you know what I mean...) If he replies going 'err what?' Simply reply: 'women's problems!'
Reply 33
Tell him the front door is closed for maintenance but he can get in through the back door if he asks really, really nicely and doesn't just turn up without ringing first.
No, good point, I wouldn't want to write that in a text either!

I guess you'll just have to gently tell him when you see him.

But you could still give him oral, so I'm sure he won't be too disappointed.
Put a padlock over your pants like on Scary Movie.
Well what else are you supposed to say? You don't have to go into it in great detail just say 'I'm on my period' or 'it's that time of the month'. Unless he's like 15 or below, he won't be freaked out and be all like 'eew that's discusting' and be all immature about it.

I doubt you can think of a good enough excuse if you've both been wanting to have sex for a while now. Just tell him the truth!! Geez! :rolleyes:.
Original post by choly7
Say you can't 'physically do it' but you want to, and hope he gets the message? If he asks again, just reiterate the 'physically' part.

I can't imagine that accurately conveying the point. His face: :lolwut:.
Text him and just tell him it's your time of the month. He might be a bit disappointed but most girls have to go through it at some point so he'll understand x
Original post by MairiTheMack
Just tell him you're on your period, if he's a decent guy, he won't want to have sex with you while you're on your period, but he will when you tell him that' you're not on your period :smile:

Wait, what?? :confused: What does being a decent guy have to do with it? Men who engage in period sex are bad guys now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending