The Student Room Group

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IcEmAn911
For A-Levels I wish I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and then Computer Science at University. But I'm not going to complain as you can't anticipate how life turns out.

This.
Wish I'd taken psychology as well as chemistry, maths, bio, ethics and philosophy

... And have no life trying to keep up with five a levels when I actually hate essay exams.

Wouldve loved to take astrophysics too... As ling there was no electricity in the course. Hate electrical ****e.
Wish I'd of taken Geography, History, and perhaps Psychology
Original post by im so academic
So why waste the next two years doing something you hate? You may graduate a year later, but if I were you, I'd drop out and reapply for Maths.

Are you doing any justice to yourself studying Biomed if it isn't what you really want to do?

Yeah I am but I stand a much better chance of getting into Medicine after Biomed than Maths. I'm just playing the game so I deal with it by embracing my 1st year as much as possible!
I wish my school offered economics or Japanese or Chinese, just so I could of had the chance to consider them :frown:
Reply 125
Original post by Teveth
At what point in your first year did in apply?

I assume you're interested in changing to Physics since you asked him that.

It's not too late they're still making decisions on who to accept and whatnot.

Email admissions tutors and hurry.

Oh and why should you listen to me?? Because I'm switching to Physics for entry in 2011 and still havent applied formally yet but been told I'll be accepted if and when I do by 2 universities. So its possible if you get a shift on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Wish I had got to do French at A Level.. but I am hoping to learn French at uni next year as an extra curricular thing :biggrin: other than that, I wish I had done a Science at A Level - I really liked Biology at GCSE but the teacher we had was awful, so was put off doing it for A Level as even clever people kept getting low grades =/ I have always wanted to do an English Lit degree so no big regrets :smile:
Wish I'd done something more technical for my degree - engineering, maths or economics maybe.
Reply 128
Wish I'd paid more attention to German and/or French and continued it at GCSE/A Level.
Original post by xCHiiBiEverlastingx
ALAN PARTRIDGE!!! Now he is ****ing brilliant. That's all I have to say. :smile:

Another Alan Partridge fan on TSR? Back of the net! :smug:
Original post by Future Doc
Yeah I am but I stand a much better chance of getting into Medicine after Biomed than Maths. I'm just playing the game so I deal with it by embracing my 1st year as much as possible!

What are the chances of being able to switch to medicine after a year if you were top of class because I want to do that when I got to uni and I'm willing to work as hard as is needed
In a way, I'm glad I did Maths because now I know I can.. but if I could go back, I'd choose History and Government and Politics.. hey ho :smile:
Original post by lemonyspongecakeII
In a way, I'm glad I did Maths because now I know I can.. but if I could go back, I'd choose History and Government and Politics.. hey ho :smile:

whats wrong with History and Politics? :colonhash:
Medicine. I could never decide between Medicine and Law, but went for the latter and now I'm not so sure. But then, if I'd have gone for Medicine, I'd probably have regretted that and wanted to do Law. :tongue:
Reply 134
I wish I'd taken AS Philosophy & Ethics combined. I might take it up next year though
Original post by Addzter
Another Alan Partridge fan on TSR? Back of the net! :smug:

My favourite is "Heeeeeeeeeurghh. Lynn I've pierced me foot on a spaaiiiiike." :rofl:
Oh god he has me in stitches just thinking about it. Coogan is legend :') also that emoticon is so, so typically Partridge!
(edited 13 years ago)
I wish I hadn't picked A Level Chemistry (I dropped it after a few weeks as it wasn't what they said it would be), and had taken History instead, though the History A Level classes at my school were huge. Then I could have dropped Human Biology which was taught awfully.

I've always wanted to study my degree course, though I am a bit envious of Arts courses that have 3 hours contact time as opposed to my 18 hours.
Reply 137
Original post by CookieDoughLove
I wish I had of taken Midwifery instead of Criminology. Ah well. Too late now.

Aaah same... except the criminology!
I love my degree, but every time I watch One Born Every Minute it makes me a bit sad inside that it's not me :frown:
I wish I would have done Law or English at A Level instead of French. Whilst I have learned more grammar, I have absolutely loathed this AS year and I can't wait to drop it in 4/5 weeks time.
Every subject, except for languages - well maybe one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending