The Student Room Group

I lost my virginity and I regret it

Scroll to see replies

It's your decision what you do, it's your life.
Original post by Anonymous

Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.

tbh most guys cant tell anyway if u av or not as long as u dnt strt goin crazy and avin lotsof it :smile: and if you end up in love with a muslim guy u cld tell him and if he loves u enuff then ull still b fine i think ur worrying to much personally :smile:
Reply 82
Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.

PEAk timez :colone: MOVE ON AND DONT REPEAT!
Reply 83
Original post by just.browsing
Just how often do you think this is true?

Most young people atleast in the UK end up having more than one partner over their life times, so pretending that it is the one true love the family are depriving the person of is not true.

You should at least believe it's true, if you're going to marry someone. Anyway, if it's really true that one in three marriages end in divorce, that's still two-thirds of all marriages that don't. Isn't that great?

I don't believe in one true love, but I do believe in only marrying someone you love above everyone else.
Reply 84
I thought this thread would be about the sequel to 'I Kissed A Girl'. I'm dissapointed.
Reply 85
Original post by OceanSoul
You're wrong. There's no such thing in Islam. It's wrong to call just any girl who's slept before marriage a slag. It was a one time thing and she regrets it. The issue here might be that she slept with a stranger, but still, she regrets it.

OP, it's not like every Muslim guy nowadays cares about their own virginity (ye, dey suck imo) but, even if you feel that your future husband will care about your virginity (although you regret it) he won't necessarily know. (Bleeding? Na, not every girl bleeds the first time.)

I never said anything about Islam. You're not supposed to have sex before marriage - fact. I said in slang terms people will call you a slag if you do and you're a muslim because everyone knows you're not supposed to.
Reply 86
Original post by JongKey
I never said anything about Islam. You're not supposed to have sex before marriage - fact. I said in slang terms people will call you a slag if you do and you're a muslim because everyone knows you're not supposed to.

Yes, I know pre marital sex is not allowed in Islam; I'm a Muslim. It just sounded like you were saying we regard every (Muslim) person who has sex before marriage as a slag. Which is wrong; or at least we're not supposed to. There are many different cases of people having sex before marriage and they shouldn't all be regarded as the same i.e. as slags.
just go to this website, losing your hymen isn't a big deal.

http://www.revirgination.net/hymenrepair.html

Don't be a pussy.
(edited 13 years ago)
I have to marry a muslim no matter what. I don't see why :s-smilie: but my parents want me to and there is no way I can disagree with them on this. I don't believe in islam but I don't want to lose my family over religion

btw theres loadsa muslim that are muslim by name but dont really practice...so u could easily marry one of them...
Reply 89
everyone has their own opinions

if i were you i'd own up BEFORE marraige

yeh he might do a runner, but then again he might not :dontknow:

i'd like to think people would appreciate honesty and regret more than other things in life

you cant really say you think any muslim guy wouldnt want to marry you, thats a major generalisation :lol:

cant change whats happened, if you truly regret what you did, then believe it or not things will work out :yep:

just plz dont do it again woman :rolleyes:
Reply 90
Original post by cool_beans1993
btw theres loadsa muslim that are muslim by name but dont really practice...so u could easily marry one of them...

most of em still have the ego thing going on though, they'll want her to be prty 'clean' :tongue:

Jesus Jesus Christ. You're muslim? Wow, aren't you the angel. Anyways, you had a one night stand, your hormones were out of control and just needed real sexual pleasure instead of masturbating with a cucumber nearly everyday.
Reply 92
I feel you OP.

But the thing is, we all make mistakes. Admittedly, some bigger than others but if you truly regret it then there is forgiveness. Someone did write some quotes from the Quran earlier and they do have a point but it seems you don't follow Islam so thats not an issue.

About marrying someone who is a muslim - well, most muslim guys, born/bought up in the West will not be virgins - they will say they are, act like they are but its very very rare that they will be. When the time comes, it will be your decision whether or not to tell the guy, depending on the circumstances of your marriage. I will say this though, relationships are based on honesty and trust especially ones that are going to be for the rest of your life. Having said that, every saint has a past and if you wish to leave it there, then that is also your call.

No matter the views your family holds, they will still be your family. And if you decide to tell them or speak up about marrying a non-muslim, then in time, they will come around to it. Islam is about joining together in harmony and peace, forgiving because one expects forgiveness one day and if your parents don't then, they themselves will not be following Islam.

I don't know how old you are so I don't know how soon this marriage thing will come your way but whatever decision you make about telling/not telling, think it through first. As for regretting it - your only human, you will feel rubbish for a few days but then life goes on. Chin up :smile:
I love wannabe muslims, they make me chuckle.
Original post by blush.ox
most of em still have the ego thing going on though, they'll want her to be prty 'clean' :tongue:

true u can never tell if they saying the truth or not ...so annoying!
Reply 96
true u can never tell if they saying the truth or not ...so annoying!

yep, best to tell him before hand, i would like to see the look on some peoples faces though :teehee:
Reply 97
Original post by OceanSoul
Yes, I know pre marital sex is not allowed in Islam; I'm a Muslim. It just sounded like you were saying we regard every (Muslim) person who has sex before marriage as a slag. Which is wrong; or at least we're not supposed to. There are many different cases of people having sex before marriage and they shouldn't all be regarded as the same i.e. as slags.

No of course not lol. It's just that quite a few people were calling her a slag and i was offering up a reason why because some people were confused. I personally wouldn't call her a slag but it definitely is wrong for a muslim girl but she doesn't believe in Islam so technically that doesn't make her a muslim.
Original post by blush.ox
yep, best to tell him before hand, i would like to see the look on some peoples faces though :teehee:

hahah true but tbh i wouldnt be surprised if i guy told me he had sex before and he was muslim...pretty common nowadays...
Reply 99
hahah true but tbh i wouldnt be surprised if i guy told me he had sex before and he was muslim...pretty common nowadays...

yeh i guess, then again i'd rather he admit and say he did, than the ones that go around pretending to be lil angels in that deparment, like wtf just stop :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending