The Student Room Group

No gift

Been seeing each other for few months. My first birthday with him and he didn't get me anything. Not even a card...nothing...and he is loaded. Jokingly asked him where is my present and said he didn't know what to get me and plus I said i didn't want anything.

Got me a gift for valentines day but I think that was because he wasn't intending to see me until i told him to see me.

So why not? I know it's not all about gifts but it makes me feel worthless.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you need gifts to prevent you from feeling worthless, you are the problem.
(edited 13 years ago)
So you said you didn't want anything, and you are now upset because you didn't get anything....?
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
If you need gifts to prevent you from feeling worthless, you are the problem.

dont listen to this slime... she once told me she'd enjoy my schlong in her wizard sleeve... anyway, i think your a bit spoilt OP
:dontknow: He probably can sense that you were looking forward to a big present from him since you think you should because 'he is loaded'
Reply 6
He probably knows you're a golddigger and didn't get you anything to make sure you'd stay with him without his money and expensive gifts.
Talk to him about it? Talking to us isn't going to solve much..
You did tell him you didn't want anything and why does it matter if he's loaded? Were you expecting something expensive?
Reply 9
Did he spend time with you or do anything with you for your birthday? If so, stop caring about a present. If not, then talk to him about it.
See, I would prefer it if my boyfriend didn't get me gifts, my birthday is in May and he keeps asking, and won't take no or an answer. Maybe you boyfriend just decides to listen! You said you didn't want anything. I wouldn't think too much about it, it is only a present. Perhaps it is a bit odd that he didn't get you a card though, but ah well maybe he just doesn't think too much of birthdays.
If he didn't get you anything, it means that he isn't very serious or interested. Especially after a few months.
Original post by air-ninety-one
listen to this epic genius... I keep asking to put my schlong in her vajayjay but I know she's far too good for me... anyway, i think your a bit spoilt OP

Shameless flattery will get you everywhere.
Original post by air-ninety-one
i would've replied earlier but some fag called ape gone insane banned me, i hope he reads this post...

anyway, you really want my six pack over your body dont you

Bad times!

And ah...is it that obvious?:rolleyes:
Note to guys: when a girl says no, she means YES! :biggrin:

and apart from not getting you a gift, did he even seem enthusiastic when/if wishing you happy birthday?
Original post by j.emilylala
Note to guys: when a girl says no, she means YES! :biggrin:and apart from not getting you a gift, did he even seem enthusiastic when/if wishing you happy birthday?

I'd like to see this point put to rape victims......:holmes:
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I'd like to see this point put to rape victims......:holmes:

Fair point, but I was getting at the more ambiguous aspect!
Reply 17
You said it, you sound pretty spoilt and sounds pretty clear that you were expecting something expensive.
Original post by j.emilylala
Note to guys: when a girl says no, she means YES! :biggrin:

DONT LISTEN! IT''S A LIE!

Cos like I asked my ex-girlfriend if she wanted to have a gangbang and she said no... and I was all like... Well...

Needless to say the relationship didn't last long after that.
Well, you did say you didn't want anything, is your boyfriend a mind reader, OP?
If you've only been going out for a few months, then regardless of how rich he is, I don't think presents are essential. He might not think they're essential yet!

He spent the day with you on your birthday (I assume from your post) so obviously he thinks you're worth his time, so maybe you should stop letting how many presents you get or don't get determine how much you think he likes you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending