The Student Room Group

People are such pillocks. What should I do about this?

Basically, some guy is being a cock because I turned him down. Instead of being mature and taking it like a man, he's started sending me abusive texts, facebook messages, taking photos of me (:lolwut:), and starting rumours about me that aren't true. He then keeps trying to split up my friends by saying I'm bitching about them and stuff when I'm not (I don't bitch). It's all so bloody childish, I really hate people my own age, they're pathetic.. I mean I even said to him "look if you don't like me just don't hang out with me or be polite when we're with mutual friends yeah?" but no, he wouldn't accept that. I tried to confront him about it and have a private word but he just looked down and mumbled to his feet - not so tough in person I see. :rolleyes:

Anyway I've deleted him off FB and I ignore his texts, but he's still doing whatever he can to make things difficult for me, especially as we go to sixth form together. Of course, he only does this when his friends are around (you know the type, the 'lads' who rake up numbers of girls, constantly get lashed and think it's amusing to jump on eachother screaming 'rape'...) but it's really starting to irritate me.

TL;DR: A guy is being bitchy and immature because I won't date him and it needs to stop.

Advice? Thanks.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by .Ali.
Basically, some guy is being a cock because I turned him down. Instead of being mature and taking it like a man, he's started sending me abusive texts, facebook messages, taking photos of me (:lolwut:), and starting rumours about me that aren't true. He then keeps trying to split up my friends by saying I'm bitching about them and stuff when I'm not (I don't bitch). It's all so bloody childish, I really hate people my own age, they're pathetic.. I mean I even said to him "look if you don't like me just don't hang out with me or be polite when we're with mutual friends yeah?" but no, he wouldn't accept that. I tried to confront him about it and have a private word but he just looked down and mumbled to his feet - not so tough in person I see. :rolleyes:

Anyway I've deleted him off FB and I ignore his texts, but he's still doing whatever he can to make things difficult for me, especially as we go to sixth form together. Of course, he only does this when his friends are around (you know the type, the 'lads' who rake up numbers of girls, constantly get lashed and think it's amusing to jump on eachother screaming 'rape'...) but it's really starting to irritate me.

TL;DR: A guy is being bitchy and immature because I won't date him and it needs to stop.

Advice? Thanks.

You're being cyberstalked by a rah?

how long's it been going on for - my first thought would be to ride it out and leave him making a dick of himself.
Reply 2
Brush it off and tell him to grow up. He probably just wants the attention, and thinks being horrible will have you at his feet. If you want to get him back, embarass him in front of his friends, tell a lie about how he cried to you on the phone begging you to go out with him or something, it'll work like a charm.
Reply 3
Honestly, Ali, these sorts of people aren't worth getting bothered about.

Just continue to ignore him, you know you didn't bitch and if your friends believe you did... Well... Not much you can do, and they probably aren't the best of friends if they are possibly going to believe this guy over another friend. They'll know you turned him down, I suppose? So they're probably smart enough to figure out he's being a pillock.

Yeah, ignore it all, let him blow his own fuse out and get on with your own stuff. :cool: This sort of stuff passes in, at most, weeks. :biggrin:
Reply 4
If you were feeling especially mean, you could call the police about harassment, even if it didn't go anywhere it'd still be a bit embarrassing for him.
Reply 5
Original post by Joinedup
You're being cyberstalked by a rah?

how long's it been going on for - my first thought would be to ride it out and leave him making a dick of himself.

It's been going on about two months, that's what I was trying to do but he just keeps upping it. I probably shouldn't get annoyed but when I see things like "Omg did Ali really sleep with 7 guys in one night?!" or something all over my news feed, it really pisses me off.

Original post by lukas1051
Brush it off and tell him to grow up. He probably just wants the attention, and thinks being horrible will have you at his feet. If you want to get him back, embarass him in front of his friends, tell a lie about how he cried to you on the phone begging you to go out with him or something, it'll work like a charm.

Original post by DH-Biker
Honestly, Ali, these sorts of people aren't worth getting bothered about.

Just continue to ignore him, you know you didn't bitch and if your friends believe you did... Well... Not much you can do, and they probably aren't the best of friends if they are possibly going to believe this guy over another friend. They'll know you turned him down, I suppose? So they're probably smart enough to figure out he's being a pillock.

Yeah, ignore it all, let him blow his own fuse out and get on with your own stuff. :cool: This sort of stuff passes in, at most, weeks. :biggrin:

I'm trying to just blank the guy but as I said to the above poster, certain rumours that I hear about myself really annoy me. Letting him look like the moronic fool he is is probably the bets option but he's really winding me up! :frown:
I think you should tell your friends that he's trying to stir up trouble between you and that you don't bitch about them in order to avoid him stirring up trouble that way.
Reply 7
Important enough to be deemed current affairs?
Reply 8
Original post by GdotL
Important enough to be deemed current affairs?

Sorry, I thought I put it in general discussion.
Reply 9
Original post by .Ali.
I'm trying to just blank the guy but as I said to the above poster, certain rumours that I hear about myself really annoy me. Letting him look like the moronic fool he is is probably the bets option but he's really winding me up! :frown:

That's the point of him doing this. :tongue: He's trying to annoy you, trying to wind you up. If you snap, he'll feel like he's won. He seems like he felt really bad you turned him down, which is fair enough, but most people get up and get on with it.

He's only doing this to make you feel as bad as it seems you made him. If you don't give him the satisfaction of you getting pissed off and snapping at him, he'll soon get bored and walk off.

I know its hard to ignore it, and yeah rumours are going to be hurtful. But honestly, Ali, the best thing you can do now is chin up, turn the other cheek and ignore this tosser until he gets bored and this all blows over. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by .Ali.
Sorry, I thought I put it in general discussion.

....think it belongs in H&R tbh.

/forum nitpicking.
Reply 11
Original post by DH-Biker
That's the point of him doing this. :tongue: He's trying to annoy you, trying to wind you up. If you snap, he'll feel like he's won. He seems like he felt really bad you turned him down, which is fair enough, but most people get up and get on with it.

He's only doing this to make you feel as bad as it seems you made him. If you don't give him the satisfaction of you getting pissed off and snapping at him, he'll soon get bored and walk off.

I know its hard to ignore it, and yeah rumours are going to be hurtful. But honestly, Ali, the best thing you can do now is chin up, turn the other cheek and ignore this tosser until he gets bored and this all blows over. :biggrin:

I know he is, and it makes it even worse that it's working! Grrrr! Yeah he did but I said it nicely that I think we'd make better friends than a couple. I wasn't a bitch about it or anything.

It's been two months though and it's carrying on! At first I just laughed and thought "wow someone's bitter!" but he's still doing it! I'll just have to wait it out, it's so annoying though! Urgh, rant.
Post a ruler on fb and tag him as the 2 inch mark? (caption: THIS is why I won't date you :tongue: )

I mean... yeah, take the moral high ground and ignore him.
Reply 13
Original post by dungeonkeepr
Post a ruler on fb and tag him as the 2 inch mark? (caption: THIS is why I won't date you :tongue: )

I mean... yeah, take the moral high ground and ignore him.

Lmao legend! :biggrin:
There is no general discussion anymore

Beat him up

Get someone to beat him up. Win
Reply 15
Why do people ask such questions on sites like this.

You tell your parents and/or go to the police.

Gosh, kids having kids, then relying on the internet to do the simple things. What next - "I've just been stabbed in the lung, should I call 999"?
Reply 16
Isn't there a rah code for such eventualities?
Reply 17
Original post by Planar
Isn't there a rah code for such eventualities?

Lol this guy isn't much of a rah really.
Reply 18
Original post by nonotrly
Why do people ask such questions on sites like this.

You tell your parents and/or go to the police.

Gosh, kids having kids, then relying on the internet to do the simple things. What next - "I've just been stabbed in the lung, should I call 999"?

I don't want to do that I'll look really pathetic because even though it's annoying, it's still a minor issue. The police have better things to be dealing with than a spurned teenager stalking someone.
Reply 19
Someone actually asked you out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending