The Student Room Group

10 A*?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LornaSandison1
It's funny how studies have shown that people with good GCSEs do the best in their degrees then, and at the best universities, isn't it? Or are you telling me that you don't have to be clever to get a degree now?

The extra time is certainly an advantage. One that Autistics/ Dyslexics will not find post A-levels when dealing with people.

However I think the dyslexics deserve the extra time to compensate for their communicative disabilities.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have one friend who got 11A*s; she nearly killed herself over it, though!
Reply 42
I got 9A*s - state school that actually dropped it's average A*-C stats :cool:
Should've gotten 12 - but my IT teacher must've hated me ;D

(Also got a B, C and D...yeah, our school insisted we did EVERY subject in the world D: )

GCSEs don't really reflect much at A-Level, depends on the amount of effort you put in >_<
Reply 43
12 A*s and half an A. Without really any work. I was a lazy sod at G.C.S.E. level
Original post by mabelbarc
I'm currently doing 13 GCSE's (two being short course) and I'm achieving in my modules and C/W straight A*'s :smile:

And just out of interest is anyone else doing an A-level on top of their GCSE?

Yes, I am. :smile: Which one are you doing?

Well done in your coursework and exams, and to everyone else too. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Maths_Lover
Yes, I am. :smile: Are you?

Well done in your coursework and exams, and to everyone else too. :smile:

Yeah I'm cramming one in last minute, what one are you doing? :smile:
Thank you! How are you doing with your GCSE atm? :smile:
Yeah I'm cramming one in last minute, what one are you doing? :smile:
Thank you! How are you doing with your GCSE atm? :smile:

Which one, though? I am doing Mathematics.

My GCSEs are going fine, thanks. How about you? :biggrin:
lol I feel inferior on this thread. I got 8A*s and 1B.
Reply 48
Original post by Schoolio93

Ermmm
No A*'s and 14A's HERE
How do you think i feel? well sorta like a atom next to planets...
Reply 49
Which one, though? I am doing Mathematics.

My GCSEs are going fine, thanks. How about you? :biggrin:

I'm doing some sciency thing I don't even know the full title its a bit random but its really interesting :smile:

Yeah theyre good, you got mocks next week to? and are you planning on doing a YASS course in september?
I'm doing some sciency thing I don't even know the full title its a bit random but its really interesting :smile:

Yeah theyre good, you got mocks next week to? and are you planning on doing a YASS course in september?

OK. Good Luck in it. :biggrin:

No: I had my mocks in November.

What is a YASS course?
Original post by Schoolio93

Original post by - Major -
Ermmm
No A*'s and 14A's HERE
How do you think i feel? well sorta like a atom next to planets...

Aww. Don't feel bad. Those results are good! :console:
Reply 52
12 A*s, no revision, no modular exams, no resits, nothing taken early, no sneaky double awards (i swear my sister's doing less for dual ICT than I did for the single one. she seems to think so anyway :teehee: ) and no 'similar' subjects (think numerical types doing maths, further maths and statistics), all whilst getting up at 5am every day to train with the swim team.

don't ask how I did it. i've absolutely no idea :tongue:
Reply 53
Aww. Don't feel bad. Those results are good! :console:

Aww Thanks for trying to make me feel better but yeahhh I know i totally messed up :smile: oh well can't do anything about it :frown:

Original post by Kobie
12 A*s, no revision, no modular exams, no resits, nothing taken early, no sneaky double awards (i swear my sister's doing less for dual ICT than I did for the single one. she seems to think so anyway :teehee: ) and no 'similar' subjects (think numerical types doing maths, further maths and statistics), all whilst getting up at 5am every day to train with the swim team.

show off, LOL jk Well done you smacked it.
Aww Thanks for trying to make me feel better but yeahhh I know i totally messed up :smile: oh well can't do anything about it :frown:

You are welcome. :smile: There are always A-levels to make up for it if you feel bad. :yes:
Reply 55
GCSEs are no indicator of someone's intelligence to be honest

I know some people who achieved Bs & Cs at GCSE level but surprisingly achieving/achieved As & A*s at A'level.

I guess everyone just took GCSEs as a joke back then (including me) but that same approach couldn't be taken into A'level as its a whole new phase.

Also, i personally don't think achieving 10 or more A* means that you are a true genius. Being a genius comes in different aspects of live. Im sure not all the famous geniuses got all As during their education life.
Original post by Kobie

Original post by Kobie

well done on your Cambridge offer - I got one, too lol!!
Reply 57
I got 12 A*s, but let the show down by getting 2 A's aha, + I go to a below average comprehensive
Reply 58
You are welcome. :smile: There are always A-levels to make up for it if you feel bad. :yes:

=) doing that already atm I'm on 2 A*'s...Hopefully i can get those 90+ in the last modules now
=) doing that already atm I'm on 2 A*'s...Hopefully i can get those 90+ in the last modules now

OK; good luck! :biggrin:

Which A-levels are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest