The Student Room Group

A question to TSRians at uni.

How do you still find time to come on TSR? Don't you go out and have fun with friends or work a little or hang out in halls (for those of you living in halls)? Yet some still live on the internet? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by GdotL
Lol I live in my double room and spend all day in bed on the internet. I'm still in my pyjamas, haven't showered, haven't done any studying and am talking to my TSR boyfriend. True stories.

where are your friends?
I have time because I use TSR as a tool for procrastination, much as I use facebook :smile:
That's not to say I don't have a life in the real world. And if you're still at school, college or 6th form, I'm guessing that you will have more contact time that I do at uni. For my English course I'm only in 12 hours a week ish.
Reply 3
You can say the same about ANYONE with a job/who goes to uni and facebook
Using TSR doesn't mean you don't do anything else... :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by tonberry
You can say the same about ANYONE with a job/who goes to uni and facebook

but im talking about tsr?
Reply 6
Original post by colabottles
Using TSR doesn't mean you don't do anything else... :tongue:

Congrats on King's!
Original post by Girrrrrrrl.
where are your friends?

she hasn't got any
Reply 8
Because university isn't 24/7 partying as some items of propaganda would have you believe... you will spend a fair chunk of time on your PC intending to work, instead getting bored and starting to procrastinate.

Just because I use TSR doesn't mean I don't have a full social life and am incapable of talking to my housemates, you know :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ch0llima
Because university isn't 24/7 partying as some items of propaganda would have you believe...

Really? I think London unis may be... from experience...
I just come on TSR whilst i'm trying to write esays (normally when i'm taking a break from said essays :p:)
Reply 11

What experience?
Because I'm horribly afraid of talking to people and as such have no friends, this includes not being involved with my housemates.

I have a job, but don't work weekends.

Must be nice being you OP.
Reply 13

Are you even a student yet?

One thing I really can't stand is people on here, who haven't even been to university yet, telling current and former students that their opinions about university life are incorrect. As if you would know any better.
I am on TSR while I am studying, or after if its something very important. I have a good social life too and I still find time for myself.
Its about prioritising and time management. Like everything else in the world.
Reply 15
Original post by Loz17
I am on TSR while I am studying, or after if its something very important. I have a good social life too and I still find time for myself.

any tips that you can give me on how to prioritize better ?
Reply 16
Procrastination is the art of the extremely skillful.
Reply 17
Original post by ch0llima
Are you even a student yet?

One thing I really can't stand is people on here, who haven't even been to university yet, telling current and former students that their opinions about university life are incorrect. As if you would know any better.

Yes :smile: 1st year :smile: I'm just wondering how others (those TSRians who post daily for hours on end) still have time to? Doesn't work/social stuff get on top of you? I'm pretty sure its you telling me that my opinion of uni life is incorrect, no? :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Procrastination troubles, also weekends aren't great for going out in the capital unless your loaded.....
Reply 19
Original post by Loz17

How can you not get distracted?! :eek:

Quick Reply