The Student Room Group

A question to TSRians at uni.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joburger
any tips that you can give me on how to prioritize better ?

Have a good look at what work or revision you have been given, then decide on the workload:deadline ratio. And make a list based on that.
Say you will do this, at this time on this day and do it. It takes willpower but if you don't do it then it won't be done.
Reply 21
I come on here when I'm procastinating. I usually sit down with the intention of getting some work done but then venture of into the unknown realms of the internet :colonhash:
Original post by Girrrrrrrl.
How can you not get distracted?! :eek:

I do get distracted; I am only human. But I am gaining more and more will power to work.

Sometimes it means removing myself from distractions (such as going to a workplace like the library) but f I hav to do it then I do and get the work done.
Reply 23
Original post by aeterno
What experience?

What? My experience of uni life
Reply 24
but im talking about tsr?

It doesn't matter what particular utility you're talking about.

Not to mention this fact: People don't party and study every minute of every day.
Original post by Loz17
I am on TSR while I am studying, or after if its something very important. I have a good social life too and I still find time for myself.
Its about prioritising and time management. Like everything else in the world.

This. :h: I can't rep you for it though. :mad:
I like coming on here for my breaks or just procrastinating:erm:
you could still find times to do stuff like this + TSR is a community so theres always something interesting going on:biggrin:

and this shouldn't only be for uni ppls college and a-levels much the same in my view.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by tonberry
It doesn't matter what particular utility you're talking about.

Not to mention this fact: People don't party and study every minute of every day.

What about hanging out with friends, especially for those who live in halls/in shared accomodation? there's always something fun to do!
Reply 28
Original post by GdotL
Lol I live in my double room and spend all day in bed on the internet. I'm still in my pyjamas, haven't showered, haven't done any studying and am talking to my TSR boyfriend. True stories.

I wish I had your life.
What about hanging out with friends, especially for those who live in halls/in shared accomodation? there's always something fun to do!

Maybe they all have TSR accounts and hang out here?
Reply 30

Don't you ever need alone time?
I'm only in uni 2 days a week, got out 2 or 3 nights, have a coursework every now and then... but other than that it's mostly time to kill. Uni is nowhere near as busy as people think!
Reply 32
Original post by IlexBlue
I wish I had your life.

Really??...Why do you say that? :s-smilie:
Reply 33
Original post by GdotL
Lol I live in my double room and spend all day in bed on the internet. I'm still in my pyjamas, haven't showered, haven't done any studying and am talking to my TSR boyfriend. True stories.

Living like there's no tomorrow.
Reply 34
Lol at the unrealistic expectations of applicants. Yep, you are gonna be a social butterfly, getting effortless firsts and basically winning at life.

...fast forward to first year, lounging around in pyjamas watching Arthur and deciding that it won't hurt to skip a lecture 'cause you "went to it last week anyway." :mmm:
Reply 35
Original post by tonberry
Don't you ever need alone time?

yeah! :smile: when i sleep?
Reply 36
Original post by Cicerao
Lol at the unrealistic expectations of applicants. Yep, you are gonna be a social butterfly, getting effortless firsts and basically winning at life.

...fast forward to first year, lounging around in pyjamas watching Arthur and deciding that it won't hurt to skip a lecture 'cause you "went to it last week anyway." :mmm:

I am a first year. I don't even do a "joke" course :smile: defo will NOT be effortless to get a first though!!
Reply 37
I am a first year. I don't even do a "joke" course :smile: defo will NOT be effortless to get a first though!!

Lol, it's okay. Not just talking about this thread, so it still stands. I'm sure you've seen it too. :smile:
Atm, I'm on here cos I'm waiting for my sausages to finish cooking. Om nom nom.

The rest of the erratic times, I just have a short attention span, and TSR fills it - 5/10 minutes of looking at relationship woes with a nice cuppa helps me to have a decent, bounded break from whatever proper procrastination I'm doing :tongue:

As for people being around, just me in the house atm :frown: And if there are people around, they have work to do. As should I really. :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by Uzzy?
I come on here when I'm procastinating. I usually sit down with the intention of getting some work done but then venture of into the unknown realms of the internet :colonhash:

off topic but your sig is cool :biggrin:

you know when its always sunny is back on? :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending