The Student Room Group

I did Eng Lit AS two years ago. Can i do the remainder year to make it a full A level

Along with my other A levels, I did an AS Level in English Lit (2 years ago). I now wish to make it into a full A Level. Is this possible, and how would I go about doing this? Thanks in advance for any replies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends if the specification is still running. Which exam board and what specification was it ?
As long as you completed the AS in 2009 and not 2008, then you should be fine to do it again (the syllabus changed September 2008).

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by EffKayy
It depends if the specification is still running. Which exam board and what specification was it ?

AQA, Specification B i think.
Reply 4
Original post by TheRustaman
As long as you completed the AS in 2009 and not 2008, then you should be fine to do it again (the syllabus changed September 2008).

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yep I completed it in 2009.
Reply 5
Original post by Mel20
AQA, Specification B i think.

Ooh! That's what i'm doing at the moment.
So yes, you can carry it on.
Reply 6
Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?
Reply 7
Original post by EffKayy
Ooh! That's what i'm doing at the moment.
So yes, you can carry it on.

yay, thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Mel20
yay, thanks

Contact your college or something?
Can i ask what you got in it,
I'm struggling so much! :frown:
what grade did you get?
Reply 10
Original post by EffKayy
Contact your college or something?
Can i ask what you got in it,
I'm struggling so much! :frown:

I achieved a C. tbh, I didn’t put much effort into it, I stupidly decided to pick it in my second year while I was doing 3 A2’s so my attention was focused more on them! Just work hard and I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by louiseyoung
what grade did you get?

i achieved a C
Original post by Mel20
i achieved a C

You should do it then - a C is very respectable, especially in a hard subject like lit. I'm doing it now and struggling :s-smilie:
Reply 13
You should do it then - a C is very respectable, especially in a hard subject like lit. I'm doing it now and struggling :s-smilie:

AQA spec b ?
same!!
what grade is your coursework?
Original post by EffKayy
AQA spec b ?
same!!
what grade is your coursework?

yeah i'm doing AQA spec b :s-smilie:

my Othello's a C, and i'm getting DOAS results on monday :afraid:

it's just so ****ing hard! English used to be one of my best subjects, but nowadays i'm ****e!
Reply 15
You can't do an extra year to make it a full a level because the specs changed and the modules you do has also changed.
Reply 16
Original post by Amstead
You can't do an extra year to make it a full a level because the specs changed and the modules you do has also changed.

I did the AS in 2009, it was the new specification
Reply 17
yeah i'm doing AQA spec b :s-smilie:

my Othello's a C, and i'm getting DOAS results on monday :afraid:

it's just so ****ing hard! English used to be one of my best subjects, but nowadays i'm ****e!

Wow, we did the same courseworks then!
My othello one was 27/30, so an A, but my DOAS should be a D/C :frown:
Original post by EffKayy
Wow, we did the same courseworks then!
My othello one was 27/30, so an A, but my DOAS should be a D/C :frown:

Wow! Serious kudos for Othello! What question did you do? :awesome:
I'm hoping my DOAS will be a lot better :bigsmile:
I had a crap teacher for 6 months, and he overmarked all of our coursework (apart from mine) and he marked my DOAS draft at 27, but i've got a horrible feeling that he's overmarked it :afraid:
Which is your favourite exam text?
Reply 19
Wow! Serious kudos for Othello! What question did you do? :awesome:
I'm hoping my DOAS will be a lot better :bigsmile:
I had a crap teacher for 6 months, and he overmarked all of our coursework (apart from mine) and he marked my DOAS draft at 27, but i've got a horrible feeling that he's overmarked it :afraid:
Which is your favourite exam text?

You got a mark for your coursework draft? That isn't allowed! We got told by our teachers that the exam board specifically state there should be no direct comment made on the coursework feedback, and only general stuff!

For othello, it was something about a heroic figure! But i hated it so much!!
What was your q for death of a salesman,
mine was about time and memory emphasising tragedy! I have to give my final draft in soon: can you give me some tips on this please? :L As at the moment, it's around a band 4 (i predict)

My fav is enduring love, you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending