The Student Room Group

A question to TSRians at uni.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Girrrrrrrl.
What? My experience of uni life

Are you actually at uni or is just 'I was on a night out with my uni friends so I know EVERYTHING about uni!!!1!!11!!1!'
Original post by ch0llima
Are you even a student yet?

One thing I really can't stand is people on here, who haven't even been to university yet, telling current and former students that their opinions about university life are incorrect. As if you would know any better.

Haha, me too. Good post.
There's always time for TSR :smile:
Well right now I'm sitting in my university house, on my own, supposed to be working but I can't find the motivation for it. I'm going home for the holidays on Monday.

Everyone else has gone home and there is no one to go out with. As much as I'd love to be doing something fun right now, there's nothing to do.
Reply 44
Original post by aeterno
Are you actually at uni or is just 'I was on a night out with my uni friends so I know EVERYTHING about uni!!!1!!11!!1!'

yes! i said i'm a first year at uni! :smile:
yes! i said i'm a first year at uni! :smile:

Why are you on TSR instead of working or being out on a Saturday evening?
Reply 46
Original post by Cicerao
Lol, it's okay. Not just talking about this thread, so it still stands. I'm sure you've seen it too. :smile:

Yep I have :smile: i was just wondering about those who post on TSR daily for hours on end! I either work or play! But maybe it's just me :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by History-Student
Why are you on TSR instead of working or being out on a Saturday evening?

I swear it's better to go out on the weekdays, that's when the student nights are no? That's what I thought, anyway. I don't know anyone in my year who goes out on saturday? Yes but I'm not on TSR daily for ages! I used to be and then uni changed it so much! Also, i'm at home and none of my friends are here :frown:
Reply 48
Yep I have :smile: i was just wondering about those who post on TSR daily for hours on end! I either work or play! But maybe it's just me :smile:

Some of us do both online.
I swear it's better to go out on the weekdays, that's when the student nights are no? That's what I thought, anyway. I don't know anyone in my year who goes out on saturday? Yes but I'm not on TSR daily for ages! I used to be and then uni changed it so much!

Possibly, going out is an alien concept to me these days.

Well how come you aren't with friends/halls-mates if you're not going out?

Also, i'm at home and none of my friends are here :frown:

Never mind then.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by History-Student
Possibly, going out is an alien concept to me these days.

Well how come you aren't with friends/halls-mates if you're not going out?

edit: oh lol :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by yokabasha
Living like there's no tomorrow.

Lol, I actually am. I have a 5000 word essay in for next week amongst other things. Living on the edge.
Reply 52
First year at uni, i was a regular visitor to TSR, i happen to have a lot of free time for strolling and posting. However, ever since my second year has started, i think this is probably the first night im in a mood to spend time here.
but im talking about tsr?

...haha wow I don't do facepalming in real life often but there we go.

I know thestudentroom has 14 letters there and facebook only has 8 but it doesn't take much longer to get onto TSR then facebook especially if you've got em both bookmarked. They're both social sites, just different types. Like that guy said, you can ask the exact same question to anyone spending a reasonable amount of time on facebook. Hell sitting there "liking" random comments is less useful then posting your actual opinions on things to your peers.

But yeah I have time, this may surprise you but people don't party 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days for 3 years when at Uni. People have bedrooms, they may watch TV sometimes, they might have a laptop and go on facebook/TSR. Obviously the amount depends on the person and how extrovert/interoverted they are.

Unless you're looking for some sort of "Yeah we got time cos we got no friends n no life lolz" response?...if so..you just got it.

Apologies, 10 hr shift surrounded by humans who I'm surprised know how to breath by themselves...my patience for semi-foolish questions wears thin..
Reply 54
Original post by bluemax
First year at uni, i was a regular visitor to TSR, i happen to have a lot of free time for strolling and posting. However, ever since my second year has started, i think this is probably the first night im in a mood to spend time here.

this is pretty much exactly what im saying. you just have no time right?
I'm in my first year of uni so I don't have extreme work load, just a little more than my year in A2.

I'm always working on the desk so the computer is always on for music and browsing through TSR.

While you're eating is an obvious time to go on TSR. Eating is pretty boring tbh. I watch TV or go on the computer when I eat.
Reply 57

yeah, i hardly get time for TSR, and even if i do, im not up to surf this place.
Reply 58
Original post by vn2009
off topic but your sig is cool :biggrin:

you know when its always sunny is back on? :cool:

:lol: poor cat though :no: (still funny)

I never actually watch it aha :tongue:
Easy, I don't see my friends all the time because they are only interested in drinking the majority of the time and quite honestly I can't be arsed with it.

I don't hang out with the people in halls because we just get on with our own thing. The boys do their own thing. And the girls hang out with each other but I was late in moving in this flat (I moved flats) so their friendships were already sorted. They did invite me out but surprise surprise all they wanted to do was drink, so I decided I couldn't be arsed with them either.

I do do work, but TSR is terrible for making one procrastinate :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending