The Student Room Group

What is your aim in life ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kasc
The bang 7 gram rocks and get tiger blood.

Winning!
Reply 41
Original post by rugbyladosc
Don't let your grades define you. Good grades doesn't necessarily equate to a girl on your dick. Some girls do like smart boys but everyone is different.

Maybe, but good grades and my natural awesomeness should do :wink:
Reply 42
Quite simply live, laugh, love and be happy :smile:

-think I might have stolen that from somewhere though...?-
Reply 43
Original post by Kayak
Quite simply live, laugh, love and be happy :smile:

-think I might have stolen that from somewhere though...?-

When the Red, Red Robin comes Bob-Bob-Bobbing Along

When the red red robin comes
Bob bob bobbing along, along
There'll be no more sobbing
When he starts throbbing
His old sweet song.
Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head.
Get up, get up, get out of bed.
Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red.
Live, love, laugh, and be happy.

What if I've been blue?
Now I'm walking through fields of flowers.
Rain may glisten but still I listen
For hours and hours.
I'm just a kid again,
Doing what I did again,
Singing a song,
When the red red robin comes
Bob bob bobbing along.
Wipe out all the muggle-borns on the planet, obviously. Filthy mudbloods...
Reply 45
I don't want to get stuck living in the same country all my life, I want to visit places and volunteer and have a positive impact on the lives of others. The thought of getting to do that is what motivates me most, to have the career I want on top of that would be just perfect. Life's too short to be stuck doing the same things every day, you might as well make the most of it and get out and experience as many things as possible, I want to look back on my life and not have any regrets.
Reply 46
To actually find an aim in my life.

Okay my head's spinning now. :emo:
Reply 47
My aim is the following:

-To do an MA at either UEA or Bath or possibly Hertfordshire or Kent Uni (most preferably UEA).

-To become a film director

-To marry either an Australian or a New Zealander or an English or a Welsh woman.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Symph
My main aim in life is to live.

I don't strive for happiness or success, the first will never be a constant and as for the second, I'm rubbish with my money and would probably blow it all on food and travel. With the possibility that I only get one chance on this Earth I'm enjoying seeing and doing as much as I can, carpe diem and all that.

Well that's (pathetically) easy and highly unambitious.
Original post by Nizzay!
To become the best Tekken & Street Fighter player.

Round One.

Fight.
Original post by IlexBlue
To be able to earn enough money to buy my mum her own house and give her the life she deserves after the **** life she's had and how much work she put in giving me and my brother the best possible childhood she could.

That's the driving force behind pretty much everything I'm planning on doing.

That's nice. More people should have aims like this.
Original post by IlexBlue
To be able to earn enough money to buy my mum her own house and give her the life she deserves after the **** life she's had and how much work she put in giving me and my brother the best possible childhood she could.

That's the driving force behind pretty much everything I'm planning on doing.

This, exactly.

Also to make the people who have helped me proud.

I also want to sort out services for disabled people.
To them I'm simply an object from the past that they wish will disappear. Then why do I exist? Why am I alive? When I thought about this I could find no answer. But as you live you need a reason to exist otherwise it's the same as being dead. I then came to this conclusion I exist to help as many people in any small way besides myself. Fighting for others, living while loving others. If you think that everybody else simply exist to allow you to experience that feeling, nothing is better then that in this world. As long as there are people in this world for me to help and continue to feel that joy of living, my existence will not vanish.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by im so academic

I would've thought living as a main aim was a pretty practical response. One which incorporates all my ambitions and aspirations, can't achieve anything if I'm dead.
Reply 54
Original post by tashazzz
I don't want to get stuck living in the same country all my life, I want to visit places and volunteer and have a positive impact on the lives of others. The thought of getting to do that is what motivates me most, to have the career I want on top of that would be just perfect. Life's too short to be stuck doing the same things every day, you might as well make the most of it and get out and experience as many things as possible, I want to look back on my life and not have any regrets.

Which is ... ? (If I may I ask:smile:)
Reply 55
Original post by im so academic

I don't agree with you here !
Read what she said right after that.
I thought the same as you but then read the rest and thought that it was a rather nice aim.

PS. I'm not the one who neged you btw (I prefer using arguments instead :wink: )
Ok, not taking the piss this time (but the mudblood one was too great to resist) :L First of all I want to get A's in all my exams and get accepted into either Bath, Cardiff, UEA or Queen's Belfast to study Pharmacy, get a good degree and a job afterwards, hopefully in research so I can at least try and help find a cure for something (I'll give cancer a go, even if that sounds too idealistic) or just help people as best I can and work in a community pharmacy or in a hospital somewhere or other.

Then I'll have an income and I'll be able to do stuff like send my granny and grandad on a nice holiday (if they're still alive, they're not the healthiest of people) and I always told my mum I'd buy her some hens so she could have fresh eggs for breakfast (she loves baking and she used to complain a lot about the state of the eggs she got in the supermarket). And just try and do something decent for people, maybe volunteer in someplace or other, not sure where yet. I also want to travel around Europe and New Zealand and Canada as well. There's loads of places I'd like to see.

I guess a family and kids is on my list too, but since I can't guarantee that, I'll leave that open-ended. But I just like to have a plan of where I'd like to go in my life, I'm sure I'd be happy in some other profession as well, and most likely I'll end up changing it once I'm older. Mostly I just want to be happy and help other people be happy as well (What a load of sentimental crap, but that's honestly what I want, even if it sounds like a cliche.)
Money and travelling.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
To them I'm simply an object from the past that they wish will disappear. Then why do I exist? Why am I alive? When I thought about this I could find no answer. But as you live you need a reason to exist otherwise it's the same as being dead. I then came to this conclusion I exist to help as many people in any small way besides myself. Fighting for others, living while loving others. If you think that everybody else simply exist to allow you to experience that feeling, nothing is better then that in this world. As long as there are people in this world for me to help and continue to feel that joy of living, my existence will not vanish.

Yeah, you might as well do something whilst you're alive.
Buy a decommissioned naval war vessel and sail the seven seas hunting Voldemort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending