The Student Room Group

Anyone disagreeing with the cuts are greedy and only think about themselves!

Yes its sounds great to keep on spending money we dont have now.

But lets face facts.

If we dont cut back now and SPEND ONLY WHAT WE HAVE then we are creating a bigger problem for our children.

People agreeing with the cuts should look at the bigger picture. We are spending money we dont have, we are borrowing money every single year. Our interest payments are at 50BILLION a YEAR. That could go a massive way to improving public servies or cutting taxes!

If we carry on borrowing then cuts in the future when **** really hits the fan will be far worse, far deeper and far more damaging.

Do you want your kids living in an area with no or very public services? Put up with it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How about we beat the guy up who we owe the money to and we're fine.

Might is right.
Reply 3
I agree. People know we need to make cuts but they think they shouldn't affect them.
yes but instead of ****ing everyone over now they shouldve done it gradually. thats why people are mad.
Reply 5
We could tax the money we're currently borrowing. Then we wouldn't have to be slaves to bond markets or wreck the public services which make life tolerable for many.
Yawn.
Reply 7
I don't think anyone with half a brain cell would disagree with the neccesity of the cuts, although I think the goverment are cutting too much too quickly (although I'd rather cuts happen severely than not at all in the long run)
Reply 8
Original post by Acerbic
We could tax the money we're currently borrowing. Then we wouldn't have to be slaves to bond markets or wreck the public services which make life tolerable for many.

So noone will buy any future bonds? investors and institutions will look to invest in other foreign bonds. We will still need to borrow money for the next few years, the cuts wont balance the books untill what 2015?
Reply 9
Original post by limetang
I don't think anyone with half a brain cell would disagree with the neccesity of the cuts, although I think the goverment are cutting too much too quickly (although I'd rather cuts happen severely than not at all in the long run)

Watching BBC news all day and watching them interview protestors many though that we shouldnt have any cuts at all...
Original post by Stratos
How about we beat the guy up who we owe the money to and we're fine.

Might is right.

:lol: That's right just send the boys round.
The loansharks can't have more muscle than the British Army.
Reply 11
Original post by RDL445
Watching BBC news all day and watching them interview protestors many though that we shouldnt have any cuts at all...

Not cutting anything is not a solution. If the national debt is not payed off then in the long run nobody would trade with the UK. No trade= no money= much much much much bigger cuts.
Reply 12
Original post by RDL445
So noone will buy any future bonds? investors and institutions will look to invest in other foreign bonds. We will still need to borrow money for the next few years, the cuts wont balance the books untill what 2015?

Forgive me if I mis-wrote. Tax the difference between current revenue and spending, so that we do not need to sell bonds to raise money. In so doing eradicate the budget deficit and avoid cuts.
So its selfish to disagree with the fact that the government is making 11000 serving members of the armed forces redundant.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/03/01/britain-defence-cuts-idUKLDE7202A420110301
Reply 15
Sweeping statement is sweeeeeeeeeeping..........

Cyclical I know...

'Anybody who posts on TSR is a buffoon' - Do you see the problem with this statement OP? Now apply the same critique to your own statement and come back.

Critical thinking 101 - Dismissed.
I'm afraid I can no longer agree with any cuts made by Cameron after they claim they HAVE to cut the NHS and increase university fees, then a little bit later fire £55 million worth of tomahawk missiles into Libya to save a bunch of rebels that I don't give a damn about.
No we all just need to put things on fire and smash up public buildings, sorted....
ah, transferance, trying to place your own guilt on to the people who point it out to you...
Original post by RDL445

Do you want your kids living in an area with no or very public services? Put up with it.

But that is exactly what will happen with these cuts in some ares!

Quick Reply

Latest