The Student Room Group

Reconsideration/Appeal success stories

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got 4 pre-interview last year, **** happens.
Original post by Beska
I got 4 pre-interview last year, **** happens.

yes, well its worth a try writing to the universities.

If nothing happens, gap year it is :frown:
St Andrews run a pre-medical course, it's part of the B900(biomedical course) and I think only 5 places are available, it's a basic pre-med course and the end of it you are guaranteed entry into the Medicine course as long as you pass all of the exams of course. My friend is currently doing it.
It's a hidden course and they can only offer it to you, you can't apply to it. I e-mailed them and asked about it and they said they actually do not run a course like that. Obviously they lied.

Butttt what you can do it possibly keep on pestering them, mention that they gave out interviews this year to people who did not even meet minimum requirements and also in the previous years. Apparently if you pester them enough they may end up giving you an interview, that's what my friend did last year. :smile:

So yeah maybe that's worth a try. I was half way through the whole process of annoying them when I ended up getting my Aberdeen offer :tongue:.

And good luck, I really hope something works out for you :smile:.
Original post by psychopinks
St Andrews run a pre-medical course, it's part of the B900(biomedical course) and I think only 5 places are available, it's a basic pre-med course and the end of it you are guaranteed entry into the Medicine course as long as you pass all of the exams of course. My friend is currently doing it.
It's a hidden course and they can only offer it to you, you can't apply to it. I e-mailed them and asked about it and they said they actually do not run a course like that. Obviously they lied.

Butttt what you can do it possibly keep on pestering them, mention that they gave out interviews this year to people who did not even meet minimum requirements and also in the previous years. Apparently if you pester them enough they may end up giving you an interview, that's what my friend did last year. :smile:

So yeah maybe that's worth a try. I was half way through the whole process of annoying them when I ended up getting my Aberdeen offer :tongue:.

or your friend could be having you on
Original post by John Locke
or your friend could be having you on

Doubt it as my teacher told me about the hidden pre-med course as well and if you look around TSR you'll probably see posts from other people that received interviews for it last year :smile: That's how I found out it was part of the b900 course.
Doubt it as my teacher told me about the hidden pre-med course as well and if you look around TSR you'll probably see posts from other people that received interviews for it last year :smile: That's how I found out it was part of the b900 course.

are sure sure its not just a relatively rarely traversed route in the same sort of line as other places where 1st year biomeds 'can transfer' into medicine. the prospect that there might be a hidden course sounds rather suspect...
are sure sure its not just a relatively rarely traversed route in the same sort of line as other places where 1st year biomeds 'can transfer' into medicine. the prospect that there might be a hidden course sounds rather suspect...

Well I'm not too sure as to how the whole system works but the fact that they only had three people on the pre-med course this year must mean that those people have a pretty good chance of just continuing on the medicine course right? I mean on the biomed there's a "chance" that you may be able to transfer but my friend was told that as long as she passes all of the exams she can just start the med course next year. One of my other friends does a pre-med at Southampton which is actually available for applying to and apparently the both of them are doing the same things. I don't know because obviously I'm not doing it myself :tongue: but hey it's worth a try :smile:

Maybe they dont tell you they run the course because they only take in so few people and don't want us applying for that as well, after all it seems that unis are constantly trying to find new ways to decrease their workload :tongue:
Reply 27
Maybe they dont tell you they run the course because they only take in so few people and don't want us applying for that as well

You mean like Bath medical school does?
Original post by Beska
You mean like Bath medical school does?

Shush! Don't you remember the first rule of Bath medical school?
Reply 29
Original post by Fission_Mailed

Oh **** yeh I remember, but I forgot the second. Oops. :puppyeyes:

like bath medical school?
Original post by Fission_Mailed

haha, my bad :biggrin:
Reply 32

can't tell if serious :shifty: ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending