The Student Room Group

What is your aim in life ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by im so academic
But you said "to have babies and to be happy".

So what are you on about?

The question wasn't "tell me every single little thing you want to do with your life" it was what's your drive. And that is my drive to have a good and successful career so that I can provide for my family.

That okay with you?
But it could also mean that she intends to be a housewife. She wants to have babies as I presume that makes her happy, therefore raising children would contribute largely to her happiness more than holding a job, so one could say her perfect job is being a housewife as it encompasses her two goals in life - to have babies and to be happy.

It's very true, it could. It's just not what I first thought; clearly you're just a more judgemental person than me according to the disdain you showed when you thought she meant housewife.
all these bakas wanting careers and families.

The pain, so unexpected and undeserved had for some reason cleared away the cobwebs. I realized I didn't hate the cabinet door, I hated my life... my house, my family, my backyard, my power-mower. Nothing would ever change; nothing new could ever be expected. It had to end, and it did.
So technically you don't live for the theatre (as said in your signature).

Why not just get a typical office job?

After all, you said career doesn't matter, not me.

It's called a phrase, honey. Disregarding the fact that I haven't updated my signature for ages, so theatre currently isn't the most important thing in my life; at one point it was. Do you have a problem with that?

I intend to work. Whether that be in acting, events management or journalism - those are the main three careers I can see myself doing, and the only ones I can see myself enjoying.

If I have to, to support my family, I will work anywhere. But why should I have to get a typical office job? You're obsessed with Oxbridge, why not just go to Manchester Metropolitan?
But it could also mean that she intends to be a housewife. She wants to have babies as I presume that makes her happy, therefore raising children would contribute largely to her happiness more than holding a job, so one could say her perfect job is being a housewife as it encompasses her two goals in life - to have babies and to be happy.

you've just repeated what he said.
I just want to have fun and be happy. Simple goals.
Original post by History-Student
No, she aspires to be happy and have children. She implied which job she has is less important, not that she wanted no job at all.

Thank you for defending my life plan! It seems that nobody is allowed a life plan without it being "OKd" with ISA first!! :wink:
POWER.

Nothing less. Nothing but.
Original post by November 11

Don't call people idiots in languages they probably don't know :angry:
It isn't nice.

you do realize sci fi is an abbreviation for science fiction
To get money, and to travel. Including living in a few different, interesting places. Goal number one is to live in London, and goal number two is to live in Berlin. I figure by the time I've accomplished both of those I'll have come up with some new goals.
Yeah I'm not into long-term planning...
1. To be a witness of our world during my life time, seeing, exploring and understanding as much as possible.
2. To be witnessed as part of history, by making a difference.
Reply 112
To become an educational psychologist
Study at UCL
Find a good church
Speak my mother tongue with fluency and Spanish
Get married and have children(much later on)
Original post by SteveCrain
you do realize sci fi is an abbreviation for science fiction

you do realise that science fiction often acts as a medium by which philosophy is conveyed, and philosophy applies to, erm..., oh god, what was it...
you do realise that science fiction often acts as a medium by which philosophy is conveyed, and philosophy applies to, erm..., oh god, what was it...

Not all science fiction is philosophy, and I would distance myself from A Scanner Darkly even if it did. Because a lot of people like something it doesn't make them sheep or cattle; you are stupid if you cannot see the benefits of a good career and family.
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
Don't call people idiots in languages they probably don't know :angry:
It isn't nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

:eyeball:

So what does "I have no mouth and I must scream" convey?
Apart from the author's sick imagination and fetish for gorilla-on-black sex.
Original post by History-Student
No, she aspires to be happy and have children. She implied which job she has is less important, not that she wanted no job at all.

In her original post, she said nothing about a job at all. Therefore you cannot assume anything about her career intentions. Stop lying please.
Original post by SatanIsAwesome
So what does "I have no mouth and I must scream" convey?
Apart from the author's sick imagination and fetish for gorilla-on-black sex.

>I said "often conveys" - I didn't say that science fiction always conveys philosophy.
>I said "often conveys" - I didn't say that science fiction always conveys philosophy.

Ah, I know, I just wanted you to read that and be traumatised :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending