The Student Room Group

Im so lonely.

This is going to be a depressing thread, but i guess i just want some advice, any would be appreciated. I have practically no friends. Im a 19 year old girl, just finishing my uni course, and have a place on a degree course starting in september. but i have no friends. no one i could text and ask to meet up with. i dont even get along with my brothers or my mum, we're complete opposites. i hate having to lie at work and say i was out with friends the night before, when in reality im just sitting at home wishing i was someone else. doesnt anyone else feel like this? ive never even had a boyfriend, despite being told im goodlooking/attractive by men and getting 'eyed up' etc. its just really getting to me now, like im in this constant state of isloation. ive been told im intimidating, but surely not that bad? urgh. just wanted to say it i suppose, not really expecting any comments but it would be great to hear from someone who's felt the same.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why are you lieing about what you did the night before? that's so lame, be honest bbz
Reply 2
Yes I have, unfortunately I have no advice apart from not lying and hoping for a fresh start at uni.
You share my hugs, and feel free to PM me :smile:
I hope things look up x
Reply 3
I've felt like this lately...I changed from my secondary school to a sixth form..And ever since then I've felt like I have'nt fit in properly at all
I can see where you're coming from but dont lose hope...You'll find friends on your new course :smile:
I feel the same, Im going to Uni this year hopefully if i get the grades, but i have no friends whatsoever to spend this Summer with as i have drifted from them all...
I felt like this throughout my time at University (which admittedly, was only a year and a bit), the few "friends" I had there almost universally drove me insane, and I wound up spending the majority of my time locked away in my room.

So I left, and I've applied to head to a University in a more suitable area - Away from the city, where things are quieter, and I'm more likely to meet people as awesome as me.

I mean seriously, you should meet me. I make Jesus look like Harold Shipman.

Which university are you going to go to?
Original post by I am 12
why are you lieing about what you did the night before? that's so lame, be honest bbz

You couldn't be a tad more compassionate, no?

OP:

If you need a friend, or just someone to talk to, send a PM over. You've got a friend in me.
Reply 7
I have nobodyyyyyy... for my owwwwwwwwWWWN!
Reply 8
Everybody experience loneliness sometimes during their life :smile: (both extroverts and introverts)

But i would like to share some of my views on this subject.

It is possible when a person's personality is a very different, he/she might find it difficult to connect with other people.

It could be a matter of truly re-discovering your true-self.
Until you understand what sort of person you are, your identity and your beliefs, it will be difficult to start building connections with other people. (if you don't know who you are, how do you understand people?)

Also think of it this way, loneliness is a challenge. If you can manage to fight through it, you will be become a stronger and better person.

Can you think of any reasons why you are struggling to make friends? (and boyfriend?)

Andy
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
This is going to be a depressing thread, but i guess i just want some advice, any would be appreciated. I have practically no friends. Im a 19 year old girl, just finishing my uni course, and have a place on a degree course starting in september. but i have no friends. no one i could text and ask to meet up with. i dont even get along with my brothers or my mum, we're complete opposites. i hate having to lie at work and say i was out with friends the night before, when in reality im just sitting at home wishing i was someone else. doesnt anyone else feel like this? ive never even had a boyfriend, despite being told im goodlooking/attractive by men and getting 'eyed up' etc. its just really getting to me now, like im in this constant state of isloation. ive been told im intimidating, but surely not that bad? urgh. just wanted to say it i suppose, not really expecting any comments but it would be great to hear from someone who's felt the same.

Try to be more open, start conversations with ppl on ur current course otherwise u hav to wait until uni and then u'll defintiley make friends.
I'll be your friend.
I don't think you should lie, because then people (ie potential friends!) will think that you are a busy girl with loads of mates and they will never invite you out etc.
Just be honest, I mean you don't have to go round being all 'Hey everyone, I've got no mates!' but just.. don't lie. It's pointless.

(hugs)
Reply 12
Feel sorry for you, join a club or two? Where are you located?
(edited 13 years ago)
Sorry to hear it. Remember that You're not the only person in this position:console:

I'll be your friend :smile:
Reply 15
Useless to discuss in a forum. PM me, or those guys - whichever you prefer. Just saying it won't do any good in the long run! You need real conversations, if that is for true.
Reply 16
Original post by Bektas
You couldn't be a tad more compassionate, no?

just saying it how it is, u mad?
why can't you go out with your classmates from the uni course or you can just join some volunteer groups or something and meet people along the way.:smile:

no matter what just occupy yourself and maybe do some work stick it out until sep for uni.

Dont worry,
be happy,
cause every little thing is ganna be alright!!!!!! :biggrin:
Seriously CHILL OUT!!! Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Do something about the problems you have. If you dont have friends join clubs/find a hobby
Hey,

going through a kinda similar phase, where literally I've been left with no friends, i had a great set of friends last year at college, then bit by bit everyone just drifted apart...until this year....where it reached y reached a point with a few mates....then out of nowhere college drama happened, people lying, conspiring, and whereas everyone has left with their own set of mates, i was left alone, and it did hurt....alot....what's keeping me strong is knowing that I have University this September, and hopefully things will be alright, i'll meet new people, that im sure will become amazing friends, im just now trying to channel all the negative energy into working harder to meet my grades :smile: it'll all be okay, you just need to keep faith that things will eventually be alright! try find a few hobbies, and like, learn to love your own company, and then you'll see everything else fall into place

:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending