The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraslw
I live on the ground floor and never really hear anything coming from above at all. Only a few times in the last couple of weeks but thats it. I also have earplugs and they do help. The only thing that annoys me is people that bring ridiculous sound systems and then think its ok to have their music on with the door wide open! but im pretty good at going and saying something to them. I've slept better at uni than i thought i would do because im a light sleeper so hopefully you will be fine!! Honestly go for campus, no long walks to lectures!

Thanks for the advice! :smile:

I actually think I will go for the campus ensuite as my first choice. I really hope I get it. :h:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Thanks for the advice! :smile:

I actually think I will go for the campus ensuite as my first choice. I really hope I get it. :h:

Same :smile:
Original post by jelly1000
Same :smile:

Maybe we'll be in the same place then. :smile: As long as I get the grades!
Does anyone know which of the campus ensuites has the least amount of people? If that question makes any sense...

I keep changing my mind between the village and campus en suite. I sort of want the walk and the small amount of people but I know I'll hate that walk in the morning! I want to be able to roll out of bed well, obviously do a bit more than that! :tongue: - and go to my lectures! Plus the campus ensuites are bigger. I want some damn space after living in a box room for 18 years! I don't know how to choooose! /ramble
Original post by diamonddust
Does anyone know which of the campus ensuites has the least amount of people? If that question makes any sense...

I keep changing my mind between the village and campus en suite. I sort of want the walk and the small amount of people but I know I'll hate that walk in the morning! I want to be able to roll out of bed well, obviously do a bit more than that! :tongue: - and go to my lectures! Plus the campus ensuites are bigger. I want some damn space after living in a box room for 18 years! I don't know how to choooose! /ramble

You mean in terms of people in the flat, or in the building? Building-wise, it'd be Kett, Browne or Victory, which have fewer flats. Britten, Colman, Paston, Nelson Court and Constable Terrace are all fairly big. In Britten, Colman and Paston, you can be in a flat containing anything from 6 (I think) to 12 people. Honestly, though, don't worry too much about it. I was considering contacting them when I was making my application and requesting a small flat because I was freaking out a bit at the idea of living with 11 other people after living on a corridor with 30 people I didn't get on with at my previous uni, which made my life very difficult. I ended up in an 11 person flat, and it's absolutely fine. 12 people isn't as many as you think, and I ended up viewing it as a higher chance that I might find someone who liked me.

2 small issues, that are basically down to the same thing

1) You can't specify what size campus en suite you'd like
2) You can't specify where you want your campus en suite to be, so depending on where you have your lectures, you can be a similar distance away to those in the village.

You literally just say you want a campus en suite, and you can be placed in any of the campus en suite buildings :smile:
Does anyone know when applications for accommodation open? The website is very vague.
Original post by ellie-wellie
Does anyone know when applications for accommodation open? The website is very vague.

May
Reply 1128
Just a forewarning if anyone ends up on the ground floor.. open days are somewhat akin to living in a zoo. STOP STARING AT ME YOU STRANGE PEOPLE.
Reply 1129
Original post by Lucyyy
Just a forewarning if anyone ends up on the ground floor.. open days are somewhat akin to living in a zoo. STOP STARING AT ME YOU STRANGE PEOPLE.

Do you show your flat ?- we do so we can't really moan. Its the insane amount of dog walkers that turn their heads and stare (admittidly they are probably just looking around at stuff), trouble is they cut down the bushes outside our flat so now their is nothing blocking their view straight into the kitchen ( which looks spotless on a friday morning I might add (¬_¬)
Reply 1130
Does anyone know which type of accomodation is most competitive to get on average?
Thanks!
Original post by west20
Does anyone know which type of accomodation is most competitive to get on average?
Thanks!

Pretty sure its the single rooms in Norfolk/Suffolk.
Reply 1132
Original post by Jaredss
Do you show your flat ?- we do so we can't really moan. Its the insane amount of dog walkers that turn their heads and stare (admittidly they are probably just looking around at stuff), trouble is they cut down the bushes outside our flat so now their is nothing blocking their view straight into the kitchen ( which looks spotless on a friday morning I might add (¬_¬)

Nope, just the path is right outside my room so people feel the need to stare as they walk by.. I rarely open my curtains for that reason in all fairness, which ain't great when the weathers lovely!

Original post by west20
Thanks!

Same as the post above, probably single standard campus rooms (so Norfolk/Suffolk). Very popular for their price/location/quite nice rooms but no where near as many rooms as compared to the campus ensuites.
I'm looking at a campus en-suite, anybody else? I know it's a little bit more expensive but compared to other universities it's a bargain! :smile:
Original post by dreamofaninsomniac
I'm looking at a campus en-suite, anybody else? I know it's a little bit more expensive but compared to other universities it's a bargain! :smile:

Me :biggrin: I kinda need my own bathroom + for the price its hard to resist the opportunity to be on campus + I've heard the village can be quieter (although this does of course depend on whose in your flat).

me too :biggrin: I've spent the majority of my life with an ensuite (really dont mean to sound pretentious!) and I can't imagine sharing with other people =P
Me :biggrin: I kinda need my own bathroom + for the price its hard to resist the opportunity to be on campus + I've heard the village can be quieter (although this does of course depend on whose in your flat).

Yeah, it really does depend, but I'm sure we can find people who know how to have a good time AND value sleep :smile:

Original post by High As A Kite
me too :biggrin: I've spent the majority of my life with an ensuite (really dont mean to sound pretentious!) and I can't imagine sharing with other people =P

I know what you mean, I don't have an ensuite but I can't resist having one for that price :colondollar:

I know what you mean, I don't have an ensuite but I can't resist having one for that price :colondollar:

Yep, UEA accomadation is some of the best going - proven by their accolades :cool:

What are you first choices?

Me! I was originally going to go for the village but I got swayed by promises of Glee marathons! :biggrin:

Original post by High As A Kite

Lucky so and so... :tongue:
Reply 1139
Pretty sure its the single rooms in Norfolk/Suffolk.

Thanks for quick reply :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending