The Student Room Group

Newstead Wood School For Girls

Anyone go here, what's the Sixth Form like? Also are there any external applicants who got accepted on here?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Oooh hello!
I've been here for almost 7 years now. I break up in less than 2 months *sniff*
So yeah, I'd say I'm an expert on all things Newstead! What do you want to know?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by xCHiiBiEverlastingx
Oooh hello!
I've been here for almost 7 years now. I break up in less than 2 months *sniff*
So yeah, I'd say I'm an expert on all things Newstead! What do you want to know?

Oh hey, Thanks for replying! Thought it was kind of a long shot asking on here! Urrm just tell me everything, what are the people like, the teaching etc. I went to the Sixth Form open day... hmm maybe I saw you, were you there? What subjects are you studying, maybe you could tell me a little bit about that? Thank youuu! And congrats on your offer by the way :smile:
Original post by .:Doctor:.
Oh hey, Thanks for replying! Thought it was kind of a long shot asking on here! Urrm just tell me everything, what are the people like, the teaching etc. I went to the Sixth Form open day... hmm maybe I saw you, were you there? What subjects are you studying, maybe you could tell me a little bit about that? Thank youuu! And congrats on your offer by the way :smile:

I think it's best I PM you; I wouldn't want sensitive info about the school to be widely available on the net.
Reply 5
I applied here, what's it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
That's an interesting point, yeah I was thinking of doing mainly science based subjects and I'd heard (and been put off) about OCR maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ah so it may not be the best decision if trying for a top uni. Would you say that they've already chosen their Oxbridge material or are external students also highly regarded. From what I've heard it does seem that going to a regular comprehensive may be an advantage upon being just average in a selective school such as newstead or olaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hi I've applied her for next year :smile: what schools are u guys currently at
Reply 9
What subjects have you picked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by meeeeee7
What subjects have you picked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geography history maths and government and politics what about u ?
Reply 12
Biology, chemistry, maths and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
That sounds useful, yeah because newstead takes tougher exam boards for chemistry & maths so it seems difficult to do well. I'm gonna try my luck for the olaves exam and if not then I think I will probably stay put as Newstead is quite far away from me. And yes ideally I'd like to go to Oxbridge (if not then one of the Russell group uni's), but also schools usually favour their internal students don't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Oh okay that's good, that's just what I've been told at school that the internal students are favoured and have already been selected by teachers as being e.g. Top of the year :s-smilie: sounds more like a method to stop people from going to other schools!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Who got an offer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got in to Newstead sixth form as an external applicant and really want to know more to be honest??
Its mixed right?! Does anyone know the balance:confused::confused:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
I got in as well, as an external student. Yeah it's mixed in sixth form but its gonna be majority girls considering its a girls school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meeeeee7
I got in as well, as an external student. Yeah it's mixed in sixth form but its gonna be majority girls considering its a girls school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah peak

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending