The Student Room Group

Air France transporting live animals for vivisection

post removed
I'm not really sure where I stand on animal testing, it's a multi-layered debate.
I am against animal cruelty, without a doubt. As for this, well this and actions like it should be monitered very closely by watchdogs and the authorities to make sure the animals are treated well, more than well in fact.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh those poor monkeys...

Or on a bed of fur.
Read my edited post, It's a slightly more serious and topical answer
I see your point, however often the argument used in favour (and it's the only one I am aware of) is that it is better to do it on animals rather than humans. However I don't entirely agree so brace yourself,I actually agree with you. I wasn't aware speciesist was a word but I get what if means and to some extent I agree.
It actually reminds me of this:

Reply 5
Humans aren't better than the rock that lies on the ground, the water that flows in the river or the rabbit that get tested, but there's a deep sympathy for human suffering whereas animals are fine hence we created these 'universal human rights' which aren't even universal but enforced just so that we are safe from suffering because of our sympathy (due to mirror neurones).

But then again since there is no such thing as morality why not test it on animals if it is favourable to humans as equally as there would be no 'ethical' conflict if aliens tested their products on us.

It's all relative
Reply 6
I know it is contentious but I was somehow deeply hoping people would do their research/philosophizing themselves but that's sadly not the case.

However your second point is one I have to disagree on 'most people does not imply a closer status to truth'
Reply 7
Why don't people who are opposed to testing on animals offer themselves for tests instead? It would be much better to test drugs intended for humans on humans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending