The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
even if they were, i dont think you can really encourage someone to be gay.
Original post by LukeeGRANT
Ahaha! I saw that, and was like :lolwut: Absolute moron. He was then accusing people who had wealth as the sole reason for it all? So lesser-rich people don't have gays within their spectrum?

Sigh :rolleyes:

I know! :L

I don't understand where they get these ideas from, it's just so odd. Did you see the comment about the teacher woman being a poedophile because she let a boy dress as a cheerleader? I was just like, 'of cooooouuuuuuuurrrrsssssseeee. How obvious! *rolls eyes*'
You can promote it all you want, but it won't make the kids gay.

You're born homosexual, not taught to be homosexual.
Reply 183
BNP? It wouldn't be the first time they've shouted a load of rubbish, it's not actively encouraging homosexuality, just the acceptance of it. What are they gonna say next? That because we teach kids about other religions in R.E and to accept them they're turning them into Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and such?
Original post by aeterno
Are you this narrow-minded about everything?

I believe you lot are brainwashed
Original post by KJane
because we teach kids about other religions in R.E and to accept them they're turning them into Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and such?

Some likely will, yes. More and more westerners are converting to other religions following their increasing publicity and promotion, such as in schools.

Original post by yellowmeringue
You're born homosexual, not taught to be homosexual.

Is there any evidence for that?
Original post by imperial maniac
You can't be for both religion and homosexuality, because they are mutually exclusive.

:colone:
The BNP would like us to have an education that would not equip young people to face the real world. And one full of their hatred.
Why the **** is everyone saying that you are born gay? There is NO trustworthy evidence brought forward by scientists to prove this..
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by barnetlad
The BNP would like us to have an education that would not equip young people to face the real world. And one full of their hatred.

This isn't about emotion, it's about opinion.

Shouting "look at da haterzzzz" isn't a valid argument.

There is homophobia in society at all levels, and has been throughout history, is teaching children an unrealistic view that all of society finds it acceptable preparing them for "the real world."?
1- Just because the source is biased against it, doesn't make the points it discusses any less valid, also, I find it odd that you dismiss it out of hand because it's from the BNP, that's not being "open-minded" is it?

2- Part of the question I think, is why ANY sexuality should be exposed to children at such a young age?

It's going to result in some very confused children. Also, some would argue that it ISN'T the norm. I certainly wouldn't want my son to be dancing around in frocks and playing a gay prince in the school production.

1 - Actually, the source is important. The BNP are just mindless racists / biggots. Some of their members have legitimate fears about immigration and the like, but the party line is just some of the most vile stuff you can make up.

2 - Because it is important to teach children that people can be different to them, and that we should tolerate those differences. In any case, its not exactly like you are teaching them stuff that could damage or confuse them. It can simply be that "While most boys like girls, and most girls like boys, sometimes boys like boys and girls like girls". Obviously not that simply, but words to that extent.

3 - Why does being gay mean dancing around in frocks etc? Sure, some gay people are overly effeminate. But not all are.
Sorry, should of distinguished a bit better.

Your intelligence quota does not effect how easily you get brainwashed by cults.

Besides where do you stand? You can't be for both religion and homosexuality, because they are mutually exclusive.

It was pretty clear what you was saying, but apology accepted anyway.

Brainwashed by cults, right :rolleyes:

I am all for teaching kids to love and accept homosexuals.
Original post by WelshBluebird
1 - Actually, the source is important. The BNP are just mindless racists / biggots. Some of their members have legitimate fears about immigration and the like, but the party line is just some of the most vile stuff you can make up.

That still doesn't change that the Stonewall project they are reporting upon is happening as they say it is. You can surely untangle the BNP commentary on it from the factual report of what is being taught to the kids. Look on the Stonewall website if you like.

2 - Because it is important to teach children that people can be different to them, and that we should tolerate those differences. In any case, its not exactly like you are teaching them stuff that could damage or confuse them.

I actually think kids need strong guidance about what kind of adults they should become - children who receive conflicting messages or minimal instruction from their parents end up as such angry, confused adults. The people I know who have confused gender identity were basically never told who they ought to be, were raised genderless and so became, well, nothing... and now are lashing out at the world around them because they don't fit in.
I don't think that telling kids that "anything goes" really does them any good. Kids are blank slates and develop according to the influences we subject them to. I'm very comfortable with being a man, and I was always raised as a boy and my sister was very much the girl compared to me, and my parents saw us differently. As it happens the issue of "girlfriends" and all that never really came up and I was never "encouraged", as it were, to be interested in girls. That's probably why today I'm a bit of a bender and don't deal with girls in a normal way.
I'm not a full-on genetic faggot, but I think I could have been a lot more straight had that been pushed on me as a child.

It can simply be that "While most boys like girls, and most girls like boys, sometimes boys like boys and girls like girls". Obviously not that simply, but words to that extent.

My generation was never taught about this stuff, I can't remember when I first became aware of gays but I never had a problem with it. I do think it's perverse to be teaching kids about any of that stuff, they can just find out in due course like we did.

3 - Why does being gay mean dancing around in frocks etc? Sure, some gay people are overly effeminate. But not all are.

The cross-dressing thing is a separate issue that's being taught to the children, and boys being dressed up like girls in that school in the example. Because it's "ok" for boys to wear dresses, let's have them all try it. Maybe they'd like to try sucking dick as well, nothing wrong with that, want to try it, son? Go on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cttp_ngaf

Is there any evidence for that?

Because you'd obviously choose to be gay in a country that executes homosexuals, e.g. Iran. That's a real smart choice, I think I'd go for that. Homosexuals must love all that homophobia, I bet that factors into their decision to be gay.

Spoiler

Because you'd obviously choose to be gay in a country that executes homosexuals, e.g. Iran. That's a real smart choice, I think I'd go for that. Homosexuals must love all that homophobia, I bet that factors into their decision to be gay.

I'd rather you just answer straight instead of saying the opposite of what you really mean.

That doesn't show us that gays are [all?] born that way, childhood environmental influences could easily still be involved, long before they become subject to or even aware of legal issues surrounding homosexuality.
America executes murderers, yet many people still "choose" to commit that crime, right? Or maybe they have no choice in the matter, that's a philosophical issue.

Homosexuals must love all that homophobia, I bet that factors into their decision to be gay.

Actually many poofters in the West ****ing love it, they'd basically have nothing to do if they weren't raging against imaginary homophobia. It is their raison de party, just like art students and climate change.
Reply 195
What a stupid troll thread. There is nothing wrong with encouraging homosexuality in schools or teaching young children about all sexual orientations or homosexuality. Give me one logical reason why so.
Original post by Stefan1991
What a stupid troll thread. There is nothing wrong with encouraging homosexuality in schools or teaching young children about all sexual orientations or homosexuality. Give me one logical reason why so.

Piss off.

I'm not trolling, neither am I agreeing the BNP.

Btw tbh, after the amount of "omg gfto homophobe" responses I've had after trying to have a sensible debate, It's making me think that they're right, the pro-gay trollers don't seem to have a valid argument.
Original post by callum9999
What on earth are you on about? I'm pretty sure you'd have to be mentally ill to read these books and decide to be gay. I'm also pretty sure there are already books about being tolerant to Muslims and black people (or in your insane world, teaching you how to be one...).

I don't think it's particularly necessary though. I personally don't think there is much need to teach this except for special classes at the teachers discretion if homophobic bullying is detected.

Since when has single parent families been promoted?

Why can't people get it into their heads that tolerance or acceptance does not equal promotion?

there is unlikely to be homophobic bullying at 5 years old, and secondly even if there was that doesn't mean everyone should have a class to learn why some men don't like the taste of fish.
It's relevant in the fact that society is overwhelming pushing the feminine and androgynous ideal of a man and men in general. And who mentioned gays? there's a difference between the two.

Err, supply and demand mate?
There isn't a Big Evil SkinnyJeanWearing Boss hurling these feminine items into shops, people buy 'em cause they like 'em and that is that.

I don't think anyone is stopping you following your idea of "real man clothes" or removing your free will.
Original post by KatieKate
There isn't a Big Evil SkinnyJeanWearing Boss hurling these feminine items into shops, people buy 'em cause they like 'em and that is that.

But why do they like them? Where do these fashions come from, how do you think they start and spread through the population?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending