The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, I woke up today and for some reason my desire won't connect to 3g internet. The "H" is still showing and the arrows do flash, but it's not connected. I've tried switching the phone off and on but nothing =/, this is so odd... anyway, what should I try?

Thanks
Original post by G8D
I have had this issue intermittently on both my Hero and HD2 on Orange.
:dontknow:

Ergh... that's all I can say xD. I've googled it but most of the replies seem to presume that I've just got the phone and the 'net isn't working - which definitely isn't the case here.

How long did you usually have to go before it fixed itself?
Original post by G8D
Idk, I tend to just ignore my phone when that happens and go back to it in half an hour, but when I do persist it can work for 30 secs and stop then work again and stop.

Urgh, this has been going on since about 2-ish (and probably more, that's just when I got up). It must've connected at least once though, since my engadget widget has updated. So strange.
Any new apps/games that are good atm? :teeth:
When I go to android market on PC and click one xxx program it will have a button 'install' then it says "This app will downloaded to your device shortly" and nothing will happen.

By the way I connect my phone via USB cable to the PC and PC is connected to internet.

Does the phone has to be connected to internet too for installing apps through PC??
Original post by spikeymike

Original post by spikeymike
Any new apps/games that are good atm? :teeth:

Gurilla bob is pretty good, looks pretty nice too. Juice defender seems to be pretty good atm my phone can last more than a day now whilst allowing me to have mobile data/wifi on at all times when the screen is on and then periodically when it's off.
Original post by G8D
I quite like GuerillaBob, Hextacy and the new Angry Birds (Rio).

Original post by yoyo462001
Gurilla bob is pretty good, looks pretty nice too. Juice defender seems to be pretty good atm my phone can last more than a day now whilst allowing me to have mobile data/wifi on at all times when the screen is on and then periodically when it's off.

Just played Hextacy, pretty cool game. :teeth:

Didn't see GuerillaBob... ?
Original post by G8D
If I were you I'd wait for a stable CM7/Gingerbread AOSP ROM.
You are alread on 2.2 right? Jellyfish wouldn't offer much else.

I can't even remember what I'm on!
Original post by G8D
Look then...

How? :colondollar:
Original post by G8D
Have you even bothered to look at the Settings app for the blatantly obvious answer to you question?

Ooo settings (blonde moment!)

Nah I'm still on 2.1

Original post by G8D
Have you even bothered to look at the Settings app for the blatantly obvious answer to you question?

How do I get to setting again? I'm currently on the market app.

Original post by G8D
Tryin'a be funny?

So that's a left on 4th street then straight onto 5th. Thanks :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 4472
Samsung, GT-15700.

Are they on about releasing Android 2.2 For This Specific Phone? Replys Or Pms Please :smile:

Thanks,
Hrm the 'net connectivity problem sorted itself out today. Weird.
Original post by G8D
New transition effects in LP are pretty cool :biggrin:

Well tbh 1 of them is.

Whats LP? :colondollar:
Xperia Play: http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/28/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-review/

The demo actually looks pretty good. The phone looks stylish enough but that screen looks poor. This could've been great-- you can't beat physical buttons. I hate accelerometer & touchscreen games. They are too limited.
Original post by wizard710

For breaking root?

Who cares?

:p:

Seriously though, if Moto weren't doing that and locking the bootloader, I'd snap it up for sure. It's a beast through and through. That with Vanilla Gingerbread + LP would be :sexface:
None of you seen how HTC are doing even worse than moto? Signature checking on all recovery images IIRC

Latest

Trending

Trending