The Student Room Group

Question About Student Finance

Hey :smile:
Ive just applied for my student finance online and ive printed off the two forms for my parents to fill in, and it says on it - customer reference number, but they dont have one :s-smilie: Do I just leave this blank ?

And also I have applied for a maintenance loan, tuition fees and maintenance grant, I put in my parents income to determine the amount maintenance grant I am elligable for, and then continued onto the next page, but in the end it only came up with the estimates for the two loans and not the grant. Do they give you your grant estimate and write back to you with the information? or did I do something wrong on my application form :s-smilie: ?
there is nowhere on your form to put their income. Have you put their income where it asks about yours?You ask for an income assessed loan.They have to submit their own application, one each, in support of you and submit evidence of income.
Reply 2
Original post by hypocriticaljap
there is nowhere on your form to put their income. Have you put their income where it asks about yours?You ask for an income assessed loan.They have to submit their own application, one each, in support of you and submit evidence of income.

I asked for an income assesed loan and it says parents income, which I put in, then it came up with the estimates for my two loans and my grant, but then at the end of my application, it only came up with the estimates for the two loans and it didnt mention the grant, unless the finance people have to assess the grant first and then send you information :s-smilie: ?

& I have printed my parents a form off each, but it asks for their reference number, but they dont know what it is,so do they just leave it blank ?
Original post by samicca
...but then at the end of my application, it only came up with the estimates for the two loans and it didnt mention the grant, unless the finance people have to assess the grant first and then send you information :s-smilie: ?

They need to assess you for the means tested portion of your loan first, then when you get a letter from them detailing your entitlement, it should include what you are entitled to of the maintenance grant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending