The Student Room Group

Have you added your parents on Facebook?

Scroll to see replies

I do, but my hedonistic student days are over, and no one takes cameras on nights out anymore, so no need to worry about drunken photos. Personally, I see facebook as nothing more than an address book and an easy way to send out invitations to things, so I don't worry much about what people see.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
My mum added me to be her neighbour on Farmville, then got offended when I deleted her, so I added her again. :rolleyes:
Reply 22
My mum added me but she kept poking me, and things were just awkward.
Reply 23
Yeah, but they hardly use it :smile:
I have my mum and most of her family.

2 cousins, 1 uncle and 1 aunt on my Dad's side... Look at my dad's fairly regularly just to see what he looks like, what he's up to and where about in the world he is - without the awkwardness of actually having to talk to him. Works out quite well - handy as I know how to get in touch if I ever want to.
Reply 25
Only got my bro. Parents don't seem to use it. Had they used it, I would totally add them.
No. I've got all my cousins, aunts, uncles etc but i really don't want my immediate family on there.
Why wouldn't I? If it's not safe for my grandmother to see, it shouldn't be on there :holmes:
No, my parents don't use Facebook, but if they did, I wouldn't add them, no.

My brother does, but neither of us want to add the other. We don't even speak in everyday life anyway :/

I do have distant relatives though, aunts, uncles and second cousins. And some friends parents.
Do these threads matter?
have you ever?
Did you ever?
would you ever?

does anyone actually read the replies of everyone else besides maybe the op and the last post before them?
Yeah I have- but I block them from viewing statuses and they don't really know haha so it's all fine really. Plus they hardly use it.
My mum gets too irritated by the internet to use it. She keeps forgetting her passwords, gets annoyed and threatens to sell her computer.

My dad uses the internet, but for some reason has a mental block when it comes to understanding Facebook. That, and his laptop is company owned & it blocks Facebook.

So no, I haven't added them because they don't use it.

I've also learned the hard way that family are not good to have on Facebook; I added my sister and she had pictures of her in a bikini getting groped by a bunch of lads :thumbsdown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
I did do, then my mum attempted to add this girl, of whom i was getting really close too, as a friend.

Wasn't cool.
They're added but on customised privacy settings :awesome:.

'Why can't I see some of your photos?'

'Oh, I don't know Ma, isn't that odd?'

'Maybe it's a bad connection'

'That must be it'
:teehee:.
Reply 34
My mum is not bothered about facebook but if she got it i wouldn't wanna be her friend !! But i would probably accept her friend request otherwise she might get suspicous but i would block her from certain things such as pics and status's etc :smile:

I have my aunt and uncle and cousins as friends but i am not worried about what they see as they're not in contact with my mum so won't tell her anything !
They don't have FB thank god. My mum is totally computer illiterate and Dad isn't too into it either. I'd feel like I had to add them if they were on it but I really wouldn't want to. I've added my aunties and I already find I have to edit what I say, not post certain things which I don't like. It's not that my parents would get mad or anything but they would disapprove of certain things I say and probably talk about them on the phone to me. Like I joined the gym recently and my mum is totally against the idea so I wouldn't be able to post everything about that. Basically in everyday life I only tell them what they want to hear as they never listen to what I say if they don't approve of something so yeah, I'm not adding them if they decide to get it!

They don't really approve of the internet in general. They found out I met someone from online once and were NOT impressed to put it mildly!!!! :tongue:
Im not on facebook anymore, as my parents werent pleased with the fact i was on it. So obviously, they dont have it, if they were i wouldnt add them. My mate accepted her mum, which i just find odd, as theres pics and comments of her on, that I wouldnt my parents to see or know about
Reply 37
My friend's mum has me on facebook... and that's bad enough. The woman is always telling me off for swearing. :ashamed2:
Reply 38
I did have but I defriended them :ahee:
Reply 39
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
They're added but on customised privacy settings :awesome:.

'Why can't I see some of your photos?'

'Oh, I don't know Ma, isn't that odd?'

'Maybe it's a bad connection'

'That must be it'
:teehee:.

would soo rep this but i cant atm :sad:

:yy: lol xD

Original post by failingatm
My friend's mum has me on facebook... and that's bad enough. The woman is always telling me off for swearing. :ashamed2:

Lol same thing with one of my cousins, the woman tells her not to wear certian clothing and shiz, shes like :lolwut: you shouldnt even care :lol: bless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending