The Student Room Group

10 A*?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kerily
Your use of macros turns me on :sexface:

PM me pics so I can judge if you're fit for me to inseminate.
Reply 101
Original post by cttp_ngaf

The word 'inseminate' just makes me think of a bull and some cows :rofl:
Reply 102

I just want to point out that that's messed up.
Original post by kerily

Whatever turns you on, baby.
Original post by kerily

Original post by kerily

inseminate - place seeds in or on (the ground); "sow the ground with sunflower seeds"
Original post by kerily
I wrote the third paragraph after the 19 negreps, not before. :s-smilie:

Eh. I do have a massive chip on my shoulder, yes, because people I know in real life like to go around telling me that my achievements are meaningless and that I'm basically a waste of space who shouldn't have bothered applying to uni. Hence turning to the internet. So I just... I don't know, I didn't understand and I wanted to know why, and I was pretty angry after reading what the guy had to say about how I obviously had cheated on everything by virtue of being autistic.

Sigh.

I repeat my quote a couple of pages back. Don't let people on the internet ( especially trolls on TSR get you down. As long as you know your achievements and are proud of them, who care what others think?) Good luck in the future :smile:
In your defence
Original post by - Major -

As for the idiot who got 12A*'s and said it was unfair for autistic people or any other people with any other conditions to get extra help, Imagine this...Tomorrow you fall down the stairs and become paralyzed, you can't walk, talk, or move but you can think. Are you any less intelligent now? Just because you can't put you thoughts down on a piece of paper as easily as other people does not make you any less of a intelligent person.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 106
Whatever turns you on, baby.

:sexface:

Original post by blueray
inseminate - place seeds in or on (the ground); "sow the ground with sunflower seeds"

Oh I know. But we watched a horribly graphic video in Y9 biology which basically involved a cow and a bull being forced to procreate for some reason, and they used the word 'inseminate' about twenty times throughout the video to describe inserting the pre-collected bull semen into the cow. It was quite traumatising to our Y9 selves :tongue:

I repeat my quote a couple of pages back. Don't let people on the internet ( especially trolls on TSR get you down. As long as you know your achievements and are proud of them, who care what others think?) Good luck in the future :smile:
In your defence

Why thankyou :smile: I didn't quite have the nerve to read through every page of the thread, but I recognised that a lot of people were saying nice stuff and that it was pretty much one guy being harsh. It does bother me when people think stuff about me that's wrong and I have the whole 'it's on the internet and it's wrong? It must be corrected!' mindset, but yeah, it's only the internet, it shouldn't matter much. It just bothered me that there was a personal attack, I guess.

But thanks :smile: I do realise that the vast majority of people are not like that, don't worry.
The only way GCSEs mean anything is if you do NO revision, otherwise they just show how good you are at revising, not how good you are at the subject.
And now I feel stupid. :frown:
Original post by kerily

Why thankyou :smile: I didn't quite have the nerve to read through every page of the thread, but I recognised that a lot of people were saying nice stuff and that it was pretty much one guy being harsh. It does bother me when people think stuff about me that's wrong and I have the whole 'it's on the internet and it's wrong? It must be corrected!' mindset, but yeah, it's only the internet, it shouldn't matter much. It just bothered me that there was a personal attack, I guess.

But thanks :smile: I do realise that the vast majority of people are not like that, don't worry.

As weird as it seems, most of the people are pretty normal and nice, it's just that small minority of people you can describe as complete f**kin tools but then again nothing can be perfect :smile:
Original post by kerily

Original post by kerily

Oh I know. But we watched a horribly graphic video in Y9 biology which basically involved a cow and a bull being forced to procreate for some reason, and they used the word 'inseminate' about twenty times throughout the video to describe inserting the pre-collected bull semen into the cow. It was quite traumatising to our Y9 selves :tongue:

What do you nowadays then? :biggrin:
Reply 111
Original post by Nayred
Correct me if I'm wrong but around 45% of students DO NOT even get 5 A-Cs in their GCSEs including C in Maths and English. And not every student does 10 GCSEs. I'd say about 3% get 10 A* or more.

what are you talking about yes they do maybe not in state schools but in private schools and grammar schools people do and its not that hard you know.
Reply 112
I got 8 A*. However searching for your results here isn't really very reliable, as the students that post on here are most likely to be students who enjoy academics, and want to do well, so I bet the majority of people on here will have way above the norm.
Reply 113
Original post by kerily
Bear in mind, though, that some universities (UCL is one) will demand a GCSE in a modern foreign language even if you're not applying for a languages degree

You are wrong. I don't have GCSE foreign language the only language GCSE I have is English but I do have an offer from UCL to study physics. Correct me if I misunderstood you. Also, do not take what they say TSR personal some people here are jerks and cowards they think its acceptable to say things in the internet that they would not dare to say in real life. I think you have done very well and rightly so you should proud of your achievements. But I don't think good grades = ( born gifted). I think good grades is a result of hard work/ more focused work.
You doing 4 languages....OMG SOO COOOL, you must a smartass to get those grades in them :P

I'm still trying to figure out whether I detect sarcasm there. :tongue:

I think measuring intelligence depends on what kind of intelligence you're talking about. IQ test for example measure your ability to analyse and spot patterns, which I guess is a kind of intelligence. But someone who has a high IQ doesn't necessarily do well outside of MENSA, and vice versa.

I feel sorry for your friend though - I guess coursework is a big help for that kind of problem.
Reply 115
Original post by kerily

Just to add another voice, you should definitely listen to all the nice people on here and not that one ******. I hope you're OK, your GCSEs are brilliant and you definitely deserve them! (My puny 11A*s are bowing down in awe :tongue:). Oh and while I'm here, the A*/A in two A-Levels after 18 months is pretty brilliant too :biggrin:
I got 10 A*s, plus 4 A* equivalents, so that was 100%. In my school, the next highest achievers got 8 A*s, 8 A*s, 6 A*s and 6 A*s (this was a school with below average results).

In my new school, there was one other person who got 10 A*s, and then the next highest was 8 A*s (this school got the highest GCSE results in Milton Keynes that year).

I would therefore say that 10 A*s in quite rare!
Original post by methusaleh
No, I disagree with diasldngsdlnbkfls in principle. But the extra time is certainly an advantage. One that Autistics/ Dyslexics will not find post A-levels when dealing with people.

However I think the dyslexics deserve the extra time to compensate for their communicative disabilities.

I think diasldngsdlnbkfls is confusing autism and dyslexia. As far as I'm aware, autistics don't get extra time in exams unless there's a valid reason, such as them being dyslexic as well (which is possible, since dyslexia and autism sometimes go hand in hand).

I would agree that an autistic person shouldn't have extra time if their only issue was problems with social communication etc and not learning. But I doubt very much that the exam boards would allow them extra time if that were the case - from my experience, they're not very lenient with it!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by LornaSandison1
I'm still trying to figure out whether I detect sarcasm there. :tongue:

I think measuring intelligence depends on what kind of intelligence you're talking about. IQ test for example measure your ability to analyse and spot patterns, which I guess is a kind of intelligence. But someone who has a high IQ doesn't necessarily do well outside of MENSA, and vice versa.

I feel sorry for your friend though - I guess coursework is a big help for that kind of problem.

Omg...looking back on that, it does look quite sarcastic...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hint any sarcasm there, I'm genuinely impressed by your four languages. Put it this way i only did German and only to manage to get a A....and everything else.
Sorry once again :frown:
Omg...looking back on that, it does look quite sarcastic...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hint any sarcasm there, I'm genuinely impressed by your four languages. Put it this way i only did German and only to manage to get a A....and everything else.
Sorry once again :frown:

No worries. :tongue:
My posts do look like I'm bragging a bit to be fair, so it wouldn't have surprised me if you were being sarcastic. I wasn't boasting by the way, but you know how the internet goes. :smile:

An A is hardly bad is it?!

Quick Reply

Latest