The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

:D Got my NTU ID/Welcome Pack email, now what?

Hi all, recieved the the Welcome Pack email today (suppose most of you applicants have as well):smile:

I'm currently holding a conditional offer and have noticed that I'll be able to apply for accomodation 9th May onwards. I need to sort out student finance (fill in the application form) and need to make a student bank account for that application. My question in regards to this email today, what should I start doing in order to ensure that everything is ready before the 9th May?

Also, what's a good/reliable bank to open a student account with (your opinions and why) and how fast will places like Hampden, Gill and Sandby go on the 9th?

:rolleyes:Anywho, what are you guys thinking of in terms of accomodation and the prospect of studying at NTU?

XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinda.college
Hi all, recieved the the Welcome Pack email today (suppose most of you applicants have as well):smile:

I'm currently holding a conditional offer and have noticed that I'll be able to apply for accomodation 9th May onwards. I need to sort out student finance (fill in the application form) and need to make a student bank account for that application. My question in regards to this email today, what should I start doing in order to ensure that everything is ready before the 9th May?

Also, what's a good/reliable bank to open a student account with (your opinions and why) and how fast will places like Hampden, Gill and Sandby go on the 9th?

:rolleyes:Anywho, what are you guys thinking of in terms of accomodation and the prospect of studying at NTU?

XX

some banks if not most won't let you open a student bank account until you hold an unconditonal offer with the university, so not until results day. just use your own bank account for now and then change details online in august when you have set the student account up and apply for student loans asap or else there could be a repeat of the last two years and being held up so get in early. it doesn't matter if you don't have the uni address just yet and its better not to at this stage anyway or else the declaration you have to sign may get sent there in the next month or so when your not even in Nottingham. and just use normal bank details until you can open student account.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
natwest are really good good for student accounts, what's your offer for?

why don't you go to nottingham university?

anyhoo (its not spelt as anywho) good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Any timings as to when you can book from or is it just the normal could be anytime on the 9th of may?

Thanks

Thomas
Original post by babelicious_1986
some banks if not most won't let you open a student bank account until you hold an unconditonal offer with the university, so not until results day. just use your own bank account for now and then change details online in august when you have set the student account up and apply for student loans asap or else there could be a repeat of the last two years and being held up so get in early. it doesn't matter if you don't have the uni address just yet and its better not to at this stage anyway or else the declaration you have to sign may get sent there in the next month or so when your not even in Nottingham. and just use normal bank details until you can open student account.

Lol, believe it or not I don't actually have a bank account at all. So I'll need to make one, which one should I go for?
Original post by torchwood
natwest are really good good for student accounts, what's your offer for?

why don't you go to nottingham university?

anyhoo (its not spelt as anywho) good luck :smile:

Do I need a unconditional offer for a student account at Natwest (or any other bank)?

I can't get into Nottingham Uni because I'm not smart enough:frown:

My offer is CCC and I got CDE at AS
PS- What accomodation are you guys looking at?
Hey lol, I got my welcome pack yesterday too and was really excited and then thought '...now what?' xD
I can't wait to go to NTU =) I'll be doing Graphic Design and the course looks amazing! What course are you doing?
My first choice accommodation is Sandby but sounds like its everyone else's first choice too on here so gonna be up early on the 9th trying to get it...
I didn't get my welcome pack and now I'm worried!!
Original post by emilyroseeee

I didn't get my welcome pack and now I'm worried!!

Same!?! I really want my NTU ID/Welcome Pack!

I feel left out and unwanted now!
Original post by justiceisjust
Same!?! I really want my NTU ID/Welcome Pack!

I feel left out and unwanted now!

Mine actually arrived in my emails not long after posting that!

So exciting :smile:

One question though, it says welcome week starts on the 23rd September and I can't get there until the day after. I wouldn't be missing any activities or anything, but do you think I'd be the only one arriving and moving in late?
Everyone who's saying they haven't recieved their welcome pack yet, check out the drafts/junk in your email. Mine was in the recycle bin for some reason, glad I found it before Yahoo removed it.
Mine actually arrived in my emails not long after posting that!

So exciting :smile:

One question though, it says welcome week starts on the 23rd September and I can't get there until the day after. I wouldn't be missing any activities or anything, but do you think I'd be the only one arriving and moving in late?

you'll miss one night of drinking out of about 8, so no, most usually arrive the saturday as parents don't need to atke time from work to get there and drive them up etc
you'll miss one night of drinking out of about 8, so no, most usually arrive the saturday as parents don't need to atke time from work to get there and drive them up etc

Okay, thank you! Was just worried I might miss out on something important!
Okay, thank you! Was just worried I might miss out on something important!

its usually just head to the student union on the friday night depending on the campus, as long as you make it for saturday as thats usually the foam/beach party but plenty arrive until the sunday and freshers reps are still there with you all week anyway so you won't miss anything. plus you can avoid traffic heading up to nottingham if you go saturday, especially as both us and nottingham are having the same freshers week in september so traffic will be a bit fo a pain the friday
its usually just head to the student union on the friday night depending on the campus, as long as you make it for saturday as thats usually the foam/beach party but plenty arrive until the sunday and freshers reps are still there with you all week anyway so you won't miss anything. plus you can avoid traffic heading up to nottingham if you go saturday, especially as both us and nottingham are having the same freshers week in september so traffic will be a bit fo a pain the friday

Ah okay, thanks for the advice :smile:

Also, will lectures and stuff start on the monday after freshers week? On UCAS it said the start date was the 6th, but freshers ends on the 2nd? Probably a stupid question, but I just wanted to check!
Ah okay, thanks for the advice :smile:

Also, will lectures and stuff start on the monday after freshers week? On UCAS it said the start date was the 6th, but freshers ends on the 2nd? Probably a stupid question, but I just wanted to check!

it starts the 3rd, also the week after term starts you may get a chance to round off freshers and end 1st week of lectures by having a freshers ball, usually 2nd monday after freshers ends. but more details should come closer to the time for that one, you may have the odd intro lecture freshers week but only general course introductions etc and picking modules if you have to pick extra ones on top fo the compulsary. what course is it you've applied for?
it starts the 3rd, also the week after term starts you may get a chance to round off freshers and end 1st week of lectures by having a freshers ball, usually 2nd monday after freshers ends. but more details should come closer to the time for that one, you may have the odd intro lecture freshers week but only general course introductions etc and picking modules if you have to pick extra ones on top fo the compulsary. what course is it you've applied for?

Ah okay, thank you :biggrin: Originally I had just assumed the 6th was a monday really :P
I applied for Zoo Biology at Brackenhurst :smile:
Ah okay, thank you :biggrin: Originally I had just assumed the 6th was a monday really :P
I applied for Zoo Biology at Brackenhurst :smile:

not sure why it says the 6th then, but you may get a few intro lectures during freshers as I've said but nothing major and being at brack you won't have as much traffic on move in day then
not sure why it says the 6th then, but you may get a few intro lectures during freshers as I've said but nothing major and being at brack you won't have as much traffic on move in day then

Okay :smile: Thanks for all your help, and sorry for so many questions :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending