The Student Room Group

I lost my virginity and I regret it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KrazyKro
Sort of agree with this post, would really really put me off a girl if shes done it with someone else especially since I've waited long enough..

good to know someone agrees most people laugh at me when i say that...:P
Join the club. :h:
Reply 122
Original post by Anonymous
I have to marry a muslim no matter what. I don't see why :s-smilie: but my parents want me to and there is no way I can disagree with them on this. I don't believe in islam but I don't want to lose my family over religion

i totally get you but the future kinda looks rough for you unless you find a muslim guy that's not hardcore and kinda like you
Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.

Coming from a muslim, if you drink and all that then it shows you don't truly believe...

As for getting married etc, most guys these days aren't a virgin when they get married, why do they expect you to be?
Reply 124
To be honest, if you keep it to yourself then i doubt anyone is going to notice.
If the guy you marry is a virgin, and even if he's not, He's a guy, he's not going to know the difference. People make a much bigger deal about virginity than it really is.

It's always great to have your first time with someone you care about but if not then it's really not a huge deal. What's happened has happened.

If you're the sort of person who will feel like you're hiding a skeleton in your closet keeping it a secret, then maybe it is best if you tell you're parents.

But at the end of the day if your future fiance loves you then it really shouldn't be a big deal. Everybody makes mistakes, and they help to make you who you are.

hope it works out for you, georgie xxx
Last night I was out with a group of friends, I met a guy in the club and spent the night with him. I had sex with a stranger and I regret it. I really don’t know what to do. I’m from a muslim background, my parents want me to marry a muslim guy and I Don’t think any muslim guy would ever want to marry a non virgin.

If you're at university then it's not really up to your parents is it? I know if you're family is quite traditional it will probably be quite hard to break away from their beliefs, and if you're still living at home I'd stay stick with it until you go to uni or move out cos you still rely on them. But at the end of the day they can't make you marry someone you don't want to marry. Oh and the virginity thing, well you can't change it now. God will forgive you but you've got to forgive yourself as well, mistakes happen but there's nothing else you can do.
I want to say don't let that happen again. Protect yourself
Reply 127
Original post by cool_beans1993
yh its defo not a minor mistake...true its so annoying how u can never find out with a guy but even with a girl her hymen can break while doing gymnastics or something my cousins broke when she fell down the stairs so i guess with girls u cant always tell if they lost their virginity or not...

wow that happened to her, damn, but then again atleast her parents will know right, so i guess that compensates :/ bless
Reply 129
Original post by cool_beans1993
good to know someone agrees most people laugh at me when i say that...:P

Most of my (traditional muslim) friends share similar views too because I think it adds that little extra speciality to the relationship knowing that he/she has only been with YOU in the whole world even though they most likely had a chance of doing it beforehand, especially in western countries. It just makes it that bit more special since you both have genuinely waited for it so long...
Most of my (traditional muslim) friends share similar views too because I think it adds that little extra speciality to the relationship knowing that he/she has only been with YOU in the whole world even though they most likely had a chance of doing it beforehand, especially in western countries. It just makes it that bit more special since you both have genuinely waited for it so long...

yh well most people dont get that and think its stupid...wish more people understood lol

Agreeeed, anyday to be honest, but as a Muslim you should be keeping it anyway as its part of faith and sticking by the person ur going to marrying as ur for her and shes for you.

Quick Reply

Latest