The Student Room Group

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Sanitary towels, I always think tampons would be uncomfortable after a long time. :smile:

So you haven't actually tried to? Kinda hard to know then?

Personally since I started using tampons I haven't gone back. So much cleaner, more comfortable (can't feel it when it's in properly), and lasts longer. No need to think twice!
Original post by snowyowl
Tampons. I hate towels, they make me feel like I'm wearing a nappy :yucky:

This!
Reply 22
Original post by Pink Bullets
Why is this a two-choice question when there are other options? :frown: Dislike.

Sorrry! What other options are there though?
Reply 23
Original post by Charlotteeee<3
Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!

You need to put it further in. You can't sit down wearing it? :lolwut: Do you have like... half of it poking out still?
Original post by emeleh
means you haven't put them in far enough :smile:

Thank you :smile: I'll experiment next month!
Reply 25
Tampons...
Also, why are so many people scared of using tampons?? It took me a couple of goes I admit, but I was just impatient and slightly irritated, not scared lol. Then literally after like 10 minutes, I had it mastered.

And as has been said, if you can feel it, it's not far up enough.
Original post by kerily
You need to put it further in. You can't sit down wearing it? :lolwut: Do you have like... half of it poking out still?

No not at all! But I can feel them inside me and its really uncomfortable when i'm sitting down, I cant get back up agan
Before I was on the pill I used tampons, but now my period is too light too use them so I just use pantyliners.
A thread with a lot of anon going on :tongue:

I use both - tampons only when it's REALLY heavy like gushing and gushing out of me like a TAP like it always is at the start of my period. :biggrin:
Then after a couple of days when there's hardly anything left only smidgens I use towels becasue it's not good to use tampons on a really light flow, and I'd forget to change them often if I didn't need to.

I tried to make that post as disgusting as possible by the way. :colondollar:

Well I'm a girl so it wasn't..
But why would you want to post a thread like this..? How will this information improve your life..
Sorrry! What other options are there though?

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/alternative_menstrual.html
Reply 31
Neither! Going on the pill stopped them. I never have to have that horrible 'Sorry babe..' chat anymore :biggrin:
No not at all! But I can feel them inside me and its really uncomfortable when i'm sitting down, I cant get back up agan

If you can feel it - even it's inside - it's still not far in enough. You shouldn't be able to feel it at all :smile:
Started on tampons, have never used towels. I'd rather not feel like I was wearing a nappy.
Pads - tampons hurt too much, I tried it once and ended up in tears because it hurt so much. Beginning to wonder if there's something not quite right, as GP once took swabs from there too and ended up crying then as well, due to a horrible burning feeling - almost felt like she was stabbing me!
Original post by Etoiliege
Neither! Going on the pill stopped them. I never have to have that horrible 'Sorry babe..' chat anymore :biggrin:

my boyfriend has never minded sex when i am on my period. just put a towel underneath...
Original post by Etoiliege

Me too! My pill seems to have made them lighter til they've gone. Not complaining for now :smile:
Reply 37
Anyone who says they can feel tampons or that they're uncomfortable isn't putting them in far enough! When they're in properly you can't feel them at all. That being the reason why I use them. Towels at night though, the idea of having a tampon in for more than about 4 hours I find a bit grim..
Reply 38
Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!

Exactly this. I don't know why you've been negged for this :s-smilie:
Original post by daisydaffodil
Pads - tampons hurt too much, I tried it once and ended up in tears because it hurt so much. Beginning to wonder if there's something not quite right, as GP once took swabs from there too and ended up crying then as well, due to a horrible burning feeling - almost felt like she was stabbing me!

the more you tense up the worse the pain is. have to relax and then it all goes smoothly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending