The Student Room Group

Heythrop College Applicants 2011?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have to say I was impressed, it was far better than I expected. I really liked it. The people, the atmosphere, their focus on education.

Anyway, I was the one who said to Fiona something like: "The aim of love is the mental and sexual union with your beloved." (Meh.)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
I GOT ACCEPTED GUYSSSSSSSS
I need 300 points for my A2
SOOO HAPPPPPYYYY :biggrin:
and it was my first choice :biggrin:
however i still have yet to hear from my other 4 choices
Reply 42
I got an offer from Heythrop yesterday at like 10 PM, unconditional for BA in Philosophy! I'm so pleased! :biggrin:

Haven't heard anything from my other 4 choices though.
Hey to you the few going for Heythrop :smile: Congrats if you've already got an offer but don't sweat it, I waited til May for mine last year. Then deferred for the gap year...

I've got an unconditional for undergrad philosophy and can't wait to get into it with quality academics, but in all honesty guitars'll take a little precedence over essays and I will be leading the charge to Fabric and the Electric Ballroom between library sessions. This and arguing meta-ethics are all I'm good for.

So what's the attraction? What're you guys looking forward to come September?
Original post by Gresa
I GOT ACCEPTED GUYSSSSSSSS
I need 300 points for my A2
SOOO HAPPPPPYYYY :biggrin:
and it was my first choice :biggrin:
however i still have yet to hear from my other 4 choices

Yaaaaaayyyyy! Im super excited to go now!
Are you gresa musa from yougo by any chance? cant imagine there are many gresas about!
Original post by Pepper Fangs
Hey to you the few going for Heythrop :smile: Congrats if you've already got an offer but don't sweat it, I waited til May for mine last year. Then deferred for the gap year...

I've got an unconditional for undergrad philosophy and can't wait to get into it with quality academics, but in all honesty guitars'll take a little precedence over essays and I will be leading the charge to Fabric and the Electric Ballroom between library sessions. This and arguing meta-ethics are all I'm good for.

So what's the attraction? What're you guys looking forward to come September?

Hey! What's there not to be attracted to? I really fell in love with heythrop from the moment the prospectus arrived. My RS teacher is very jealous I will be "buddying it up with Vardy" as she put it.
I have applied for Philosophy and Psychology and have a 280 tariff offer!
Have you done anything exciting this gap year?!
Reply 46
Excuse me for imposing, but I have a question of great importance, to me anyhow. I am a british citizen attending a university in Florida. I have recently decided to fly across the pond once more and pursue my education there. Is it possible for me to transfer to Heythrop, in hopes of attending for the Fall semester of 2011?
No idea dude, best bet would be to get in touch with the lovely admissions lady.

Peter Vardy is just a man right? I've read a couple books but never met him, so if he has super powers or something some advance warning would be cool =-)
Reply 48
Hey,

I waswondering if there is anyone currently at Heythrop who is a Christian and studying theology?

Do you find it good for your Christan walk studying at Heythrop?
Reply 49
Original post by Arouet
Excuse me for imposing, but I have a question of great importance, to me anyhow. I am a british citizen attending a university in Florida. I have recently decided to fly across the pond once more and pursue my education there. Is it possible for me to transfer to Heythrop, in hopes of attending for the Fall semester of 2011?

You should just call them or email them, some unis allow it if you're doing the same units i think, it might differ but i know people have come from canada to do a year at a British uni
Reply 50
Original post by HannahCrofts
Yaaaaaayyyyy! Im super excited to go now!
Are you gresa musa from yougo by any chance? cant imagine there are many gresas about!

ahaha yuppp
Does anyone know when applications for accomodation opens?
Reply 52
Original post by SarahGrace92
Does anyone know when applications for accomodation opens?

Like.... April 11th. :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by NellGwynne
Hey Everyone!

I know there have been a few Heythrop College threads but I just wanted to know if anyone was applying for sure, as in it is one of their top choices...

I really like the idea of Heythrop, but a close runner to this choice is King's :smile:
But yeah, is anyone else deffo applying there for 2011?

:smile: :biggrin: ;D

Unconditional to study Philosophy, Religion and Ethics :smile:

Going to see the university in a couple of weeks.
Reply 54
Original post by SandyEwing
Unconditional to study Philosophy, Religion and Ethics :smile:

Going to see the university in a couple of weeks.

Waaah! Like me too!

UNCONDITIONAL for Philosophy, Ethics and Religion.
I'm going in a few weeks also.

I haven't had a chance to speak to many 2011 applicants.
Reply 55
Waaah! Like me too!

UNCONDITIONAL for Philosophy, Ethics and Religion.
I'm going in a few weeks also.

I haven't had a chance to speak to many 2011 applicants.

Exciting stuff. Do you have facebook? would be nice to recognize a face.
Reply 56
Original post by SandyEwing
Exciting stuff. Do you have facebook? would be nice to recognize a face.

I sent you a PM. :smile:
Like.... April 11th. :smile:

Thanks :smile: I was worried it had already opened! I firmed heythrop on Friday woooop :biggrin:
Reply 58
Original post by SarahGrace92
Thanks :smile: I was worried it had already opened! I firmed heythrop on Friday woooop :biggrin:

Oh nice one! XD
Reply 59
Hey, just letting you know some of the things worth considering regarding accommodation and Heythrop. The obvious plusses of being at Alban Halls is that you'll a) be in Kensington b) be a matter of minutes away from lectures and c) in a massive collective of like minded people. The downside of this is that you'll only really meet Heythrop students while at uni and you'll be living in the same place where your lectures are. Intercollegiate halls are definitely worth considering because you'll get to meet students from UCL, SOAS, LSE, Birkbeck, CSSD and a few others (and perhaps King's if they're not a snooty bunch like this year) and the mix you get is great. They're also good because it's definitely healthy to be able to get away from college when lectures are over rather than have nowhere to go except the next room of the same building. Travel isn't an issue either as some halls are walking distance (Nutford/Lilian Penson) and in equally nice areas as Kensington.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending