The Student Room Group

Have most people had a relationship by the age of 20?

Have most people had a relationship by the age of 20? Basically, you've guessed it, I haven't had a relationship, and I'm 20. I'm thinking that if I've been single for this long, I must have quite a few flaws. The main question is though, have most people had a relationship by this age?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've never had a relationship before and I'm 21. I wouldn't worry about it. It will come in time.
Most people on Earth? I doubt it :colonhash:
i wouldn't know if 'most' people will have had at least one relationship by the age of 20.
all i know and care about is that i had to wait until 23 before i did. ;D
Reply 4
Original post by Foo.mp3

I didn't have my first proper, relatively full on relationship till I was like 24! :smile: and I turned out ok.. (HAHAHA)

What were the ones sort of like before if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
I'm 23, never had a relationship. I wouldn't worry about it.
You're not alone anon.
Reply 7
But answering the question, have most people had a relationship by this age?
Is it abnormal if you haven't?
I haven't and I don't think its abnormal. Everyone I know has been in relationships but I just think that the reason I haven't is because I don't really go on nights out and things like that (which is where people make friends that grow into relationships etc)
I think a lot of people would have had some sort of a gf/bf by the time they reach 20 but certainly there are those out there who haven't. What I do think is rare if someone has involuntarily had no real experience with the opposite sex by that age i.e dates and kissing. For example I'm 22 and have never gone out with a girl or kissed one. Now that IS rare, I'm quite sure of it.
Original post by SirenVoices
I've never had a relationship before and I'm 21. I wouldn't worry about it. It will come in time.

Same and I'm 21 too. :smile:
I'm 18 in a couple of months and I haven't. :emo:

I'm eighteen and I've never had anything that would be classed as a relationship.

I feel depressed now.
A relationship?

No, I'm far too fun loving to waste my time :awesome:

19, and no interest in a proper relationship what-so-ever.
From what I've observed through my teenage years, there's definitely a lot of people getting into relationships before the age of 20. I'm not really sure if it's most people, but certainly an awful lot. Heck, even when I was only 15, I left so weird and left out as it seemed like everyone was at it! :s-smilie: I have had one sort-of relationship when I was 16, but apart from that I haven't actually had anything serious, and I'm 20 in 6 months :eek:. It should not really be much of a big deal as long as your life overall is good :yep:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
21 and still haven't! It doesn't really bother me although at times I'd like to be
Reply 16
I haven't either! I don't think it matters, if you want it, it will come in time, some people are just happy without one, don't spend all your time worrying over it :smile:
Reply 17
At a guess I'd say it was nearer 50% if that have had one, so I wouldn't worry mate :smile:
Reply 18
My first relationship was when I had just turned nineteen. Most people I knew had already had relationships before then.
Yes I'd say so. Doesn't make it bad you haven't mind.

Thinking about those I knew at sixform, I'd probably go with 70% had, 30% hadn't. (yeah that's pulled out of thin air but basically majority had, but significant minority hadn't.). Two years on...it sort of depends what's happened, it's more likely they'll find someone where their are many people their age, such as at uni. I'd say a few people I know haven't in their second year (20 for those who didn't take a year out) and I know a few people at my uni who haven't. But the majority will have.

But I mean I got my first girlfriend at 19 (first term of uni for me). Now what if I hadn't met her? I have no interest in anyone else, so hypothetically if she didn't exist I can't see myself having been with anyone else now at 20.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending