The Student Room Group

People who applied for Student Finance: how long did it take you get it finished?

Hi,

I haven't been able to begin my SF application for a while because I have been in hospital with two broken ribs. I plan to start tomorrow which leaves me just under 8wks to get it sorted but I heard SF are notoriously crap and incompetent. So I want to know....how long did it take you finish everything? Including cock ups and stuff like losing your passports? I had a horrid year with them last year!

Thank you. :smile:
Reply 1
I took me a weekend to fill in the forms, and then about two weeks for slc to process it and send me the declaration to sign
Reply 2
Original post by chembob
I took me a weekend to fill in the forms, and then about two weeks for slc to process it and send me the declaration to sign

Wow that is Usain Bolt fast. Did you apply for means or nonmeans tested though? I can only hope for the same treatment. :eek:
I dont have an employer, why is it asking if my employer is specifically releasing me for the course?
I spent this morning filling in the form with my dad. It's actually quite easy...

I don't know how long it'll take to process though.
Reply 5
Original post by Destroyviruses
I dont have an employer, why is it asking if my employer is specifically releasing me for the course?

To see if you'll be attending fulltime or something? Dont take my word for it though. Ask someone in the QA thread. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Nadooo
Wow that is Usain Bolt fast. Did you apply for means or nonmeans tested though? I can only hope for the same treatment. :eek:

I am only eligible for the non-means tested bit so I went down the non-means tested route which meant I didn't have to do all the other stuff where your parents support your application
Original post by Nadooo
To see if you'll be attending fulltime or something? Dont take my word for it though. Ask someone in the QA thread. Good luck. :smile:

Im waiting for my dad to come back from his business trip so i can fill it in! darn it!
Reply 8
Original post by chembob
I am only eligible for the non-means tested bit so I went down the non-means tested route which meant I didn't have to do all the other stuff where your parents support your application

Ahhh damn it! But 2 weeks is very good going still for any application. I'm just worried about this cycle because part of the reason Im a reapplicant is because SF ruined my first year and term despite applying before the deadline. /Sigh
Reply 9
Original post by Destroyviruses
Im waiting for my dad to come back from his business trip so i can fill it in! darn it!

Cant you ask him over the phone?

Any more feedback from SF veterans would be very helpful. :tongue:
Reply 10
Hmmm it was a while ago but about 6 weeks as means tested. Get your papers together!
It usually takes around 5-6 weeks for those who are having their household income considered. For those who are not it takes around 3 weeks.
Reply 12
Original post by Nadooo
Hi,

I haven't been able to begin my SF application for a while because I have been in hospital with two broken ribs. I plan to start tomorrow which leaves me just under 8wks to get it sorted but I heard SF are notoriously crap and incompetent. So I want to know....how long did it take you finish everything? Including cock ups and stuff like losing your passports? I had a horrid year with them last year!

Thank you. :smile:

I started mine on the 19th of March and supplied my evidence to prove who i am and its all been processed and im just waiting for the deceleration they have sent :smile:
Reply 13
I applied for means tested on the 21st and they sent me the declaration today. Though I didn't have to have parents or anyone else sign mine.
I applied for means tested on the 16th of march and have had everything confirmed today just waiting to get my declaration form. So in total it took 2 weeks to apply sent evidence etc and get a reply.
4 months and counting :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending