The Student Room Group

Urgent help please! Just found out I've been cheated on

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flowermaster91
that quote was for curlyhaireddude

I didn't ask who the quote was for, I asked what 'this' means. Everyone on tsr keeps saying it but I don't understand why.
Reply 21
I can't imagine how hurt you are. I agree with most of these guys, stay calm, make sure the facts are right first before you jump to anything. In my opinion, you deserve better- but it's all about what you want.

Try some nice music to cheer yourself up!

Good luck xxx
Reply 22
Original post by dannni93
I can't imagine how hurt you are. I agree with most of these guys, stay calm, make sure the facts are right first before you jump to anything. In my opinion, you deserve better- but it's all about what you want.

Try some nice music to cheer yourself up!

Good luck xxx

The initial panic has passed but I've still got a horrible fluttery heart :frown: It's killing me not being able to just pick up the phone and call him.

If he has cheated then you're right, I do deserve better and the relationship will be over. Just feels like I've wasted over three years of my life on him.

Thanks x
Original post by Naomiimoan
I didn't ask who the quote was for, I asked what 'this' means. Everyone on tsr keeps saying it but I don't understand why.

ok...

saying 'this' just mean they agree with everything said in the post
Reply 24
Original post by Naomiimoan

It just means that you agree with what the person has said, instead of saying 'I agree'. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Its hard as it has been three years, but personally i would forward your bf the messages, pack up the crap he has at your place and leave on the door step and don't answer his calls. It seems pretty obvious to me he has been cheating and i personally wouldnt allow myself to be made a fool of any longer.

Good luck and stay strong.
Reply 26
Original post by Trigger
Its hard as it has been three years, but personally i would forward your bf the messages, pack up the crap he has at your place and leave on the door step and don't answer his calls. It seems pretty obvious to me he has been cheating and i personally wouldnt allow myself to be made a fool of any longer.

Good luck and stay strong.

Do you mean forward them so he knows I have seen them? Unfortunately he owes me money so I can't just blank him when he eventually picks up my message for him to call me. Thanks - it was obvious to me when I saw the messages that he had but some peoples replies had given me some doubt/ hope.

Thanks, trying my hardest.
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
The initial panic has passed but I've still got a horrible fluttery heart :frown: It's killing me not being able to just pick up the phone and call him.

If he has cheated then you're right, I do deserve better and the relationship will be over. Just feels like I've wasted over three years of my life on him.

Thanks x

Tbh I wouldn't have come to the conclusion that he's been cheating just from what he's said, because like other people have pointed it out it's open to interpretation. Did you friend ask him what he meant? Is it possible for your friend to ask him now?
Reply 28
Original post by choly7
Tbh I wouldn't have come to the conclusion that he's been cheating just from what he's said, because like other people have pointed it out it's open to interpretation. Did you friend ask him what he meant? Is it possible for your friend to ask him now?

Sorry, it's his friend who forwarded the emails to me not him. I guess he must have seen all the lovey posts on my partners page and felt sorry for me. I could ask the friend to do more probing but I don't really feel like playing games; now I know I just want to confront him myself.
Reply 29
Do you mean forward them so he knows I have seen them? Unfortunately he owes me money so I can't just blank him when he eventually picks up my message for him to call me. Thanks - it was obvious to me when I saw the messages that he had but some peoples replies had given me some doubt/ hope.

Thanks, trying my hardest.

Well now youre in a position. Is he likely to pay you back soon?
Reply 30
Original post by Trigger
Well now youre in a position. Is he likely to pay you back soon?

Not at all, he's all the broke and I was meant to be lending him a further £350 in a couple of days. He has a brother who has paid me back on his behalf before so I may well see if that could be arranged.
Reply 31
Not at all, he's all the broke and I was meant to be lending him a further £350 in a couple of days. He has a brother who has paid me back on his behalf before so I may well see if that could be arranged.

Good luck be prepared to not get it back and def dont lend him that cash. He doesnt seem very nice or stable at all.
Sounds like he could have just been trying to sound cool in front of his friend. not really conclusive.
Reply 33
Sorry, it's his friend who forwarded the emails to me not him. I guess he must have seen all the lovey posts on my partners page and felt sorry for me. I could ask the friend to do more probing but I don't really feel like playing games; now I know I just want to confront him myself.

Ahh okays, just wondering why your friend didn't ask outright what he meant. Does your friend deffo think he's cheated too? Happy eyes :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Trigger
Good luck be prepared to not get it back and def dont lend him that cash. He doesnt seem very nice or stable at all.

To be honest I never wanted to lend him a penny in the first place but he doesn't really let me say no to him. He definitely won't be seeing that £350, only just realised how sad it sounds that he blackmailed me in to it in the first place.

Original post by bognor-regis
Sounds like he could have just been trying to sound cool in front of his friend. not really conclusive.

He could have, and I know he does that because he loves to be known as a ladies man. I guess my gut feeling is just telling me he wasn't bragging this time, it was more like an admission of guilt than the usual 'I have girls always hitting on me, bro'.
Reply 35
Original post by choly7
Ahh okays, just wondering why your friend didn't ask outright what he meant. Does your friend deffo think he's cheated too? Happy eyes :smile:

I don't think his friend was in any doubt as to what he meant, hence why he forwarded the messages to me.
Reply 36
To be honest I never wanted to lend him a penny in the first place but he doesn't really let me say no to him. He definitely won't be seeing that £350, only just realised how sad it sounds that he blackmailed me in to it in the first place.

He could have, and I know he does that because he loves to be known as a ladies man. I guess my gut feeling is just telling me he wasn't bragging this time, it was more like an admission of guilt than the usual 'I have girls always hitting on me, bro'.

Well even if he hasn't cheated on you, do you really want to be with someone like that?
Reply 37
I don't think his friend was in any doubt as to what he meant, hence why he forwarded the messages to me.

Gosh :/ Well that really sucks :/ do you know what you're gonna say to him?
Reply 38
Original post by Trigger
Well even if he hasn't cheated on you, do you really want to be with someone like that?

Rationally, no. But when feelings are involved everything gets more complicated. :frown:

Original post by choly7
Gosh :/ Well that really sucks :/ do you know what you're gonna say to him?

I don't think I'm going to do much of the talking. I want to hear what he has to say.
Reply 39
Sometimes you need to ignore your heart, listen to your head and look at the bigger picture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending